This has a very creamy texture. It feels soft and smooth when it goes on, and doesn't wash away overly fast if you're trying to shave in the shower. The pump bottle works well -- putting out just enough cream without wasting it.
It seems slightly thicker than regular shaving creams in term of shaving it off, but that may be the same reason that it feels somehow like it's protecting my skin from the actual razor.
The scent is pomegranate and, as I mentioned, it's very strong. It isn't bad, but it's super fruity, and it definitely lingers for a while. I usually wear a lotion that smells sort of like cocoa and the combination of the two was overwhelming, so that's something to think about if you typically wear a lot of scents.
This turned out to be a great shaving cream. Here's why:
1. It doesn't seem to leave my legs dry and itchy. Which is unusual and kind of awesome.
2. My legs feel 'protected' by the light coating of cream while I'm shaving, which isn't true of regular shaving cream for me (they tend to feel watery and/or wash off too easily).
3. I asked my partner to give a feel and smell test and he was a definite thumb-ups on both counts.
The one thing I'm not sure of is how much this will end up costing. Because I have only used it a dozen times or so, it's hard to know how many shaves I'll get out of the bottle. For eight bucks a pop, it could turn out to be fairly pricey, but at this point it's hard to tell.
The packaging for this might be one of my favorite elements.
1. The bottle is recyclable. Oh my god, yes. I've been waiting for that kind of thing forever.
2. The bottle is mid-sized between overly large and overly small. It's also very lightweight and comes with a lid that stays tight. This makes it PERFECT for traveling. (Except, perhaps, for the scent, if you're going to use it and then get onto something like an airplane right away).
3. The bottle is really easy to hold -- I think it's a combination of the little finger grooves plus the fact that the material is kind of textured. I haven't dropped it on my foot yet.