Have any of you ever gone to an adult movie theater?

Gary Gary
I was just thinking about what I might be doing this weekend, and then I was thinking about how bad ass it is to go to the movies. Then, since most things in my logic circuit get filtered through pornography, I started thinking about adult movie theaters. And that got me to wondering...

Yes, I have been to one (are you surprised?). I know they are kind of a dinosaur going extinct, and there are not many of them left. This is understandable since you can watch more porn at home for less movie, but still... it is kind of sad to think of them totally vanishing.
09/02/2009
  • It's Better Than Real! Buy 1 Dildo Or Anal Toy And Get 1 FRE
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Saraid Saraid
I've never been to one, but can see how it would be something fun to do with a group of my porn loving friends!
09/02/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I was just thinking about what I might be doing this weekend, and then I was thinking about how bad ass it is to go to the movies. Then, since most things in my logic circuit get filtered through pornography, I started thinking about adult movie ... More
I have never been to one...but on a related note, I *just* found out that my husband has!
09/02/2009
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
I have never been to one...but on a related note, I *just* found out that my husband has!
What are you doing next weekend?
09/02/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
What are you doing next weekend?
Duh....going camping! Without you. Because you hate family AND nature. I mean...um, because you can't ...umm, couldn't reschedule stuff...anyway - camping!
09/02/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Never even heard of an adult theatre
09/02/2009
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Duh....going camping! Without you. Because you hate family AND nature. I mean...um, because you can't ...umm, couldn't reschedule stuff...anyway - camping!
Yeah... that's why I said NEXT weekend.

Also, is it still called camping when you rent a building that has electricity, running water, a TV, and an air conditioner? For some reason, I always pictures tents
09/02/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Yeah... that's why I said NEXT weekend.

Also, is it still called camping when you rent a building that has electricity, running water, a TV, and an air conditioner? For some reason, I always pictures tents
A building(???) - come on! It's a freakin Cabin!
09/02/2009
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
Adult theaters scare me. I'd have to wear a raincoat.
09/02/2009
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
A building(???) - come on! It's a freakin Cabin!
A cabin IS a building. It is a permanent structure. But I know, I am just exaggerating... it's not like they have washers and dryers there.
09/02/2009
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
I've heard of adult movie theaters before, but I have no idea what they're like or where to find one.
09/02/2009
Sammi Sammi
I've seen them ages ago when we used to go into the city on the "bad street", but I've never actually been in.
09/02/2009
spicywife spicywife
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
A cabin IS a building. It is a permanent structure. But I know, I am just exaggerating... it's not like they have washers and dryers there.
We're going on a trip soon but the cabin we have rented does not have running water, nor air conditioner, nor tv. That would be more like "camping" than a cabin that has amenities, but I still refer to "camping" as pitching a tent in the dirt/grass and sleeping in it - which is fun.
09/02/2009
spicywife spicywife
Quote:
Originally posted by spicywife
We're going on a trip soon but the cabin we have rented does not have running water, nor air conditioner, nor tv. That would be more like "camping" than a cabin that has amenities, but I still refer to "camping" as pitching a ... More
The other could be called Cabining.... and that's definitely fun too
09/02/2009
spicywife spicywife
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
I've seen them ages ago when we used to go into the city on the "bad street", but I've never actually been in.
I've seen them depicted in a movie, one being Philadelphia with Tom Hanks I think. But I never gave much thought to it and had no idea they existed still.
09/02/2009
deceased deceased
Yes. In Philadelphia in the 1980's on Easter Day afternoon with my girlfriend. It was on 22nd and Market Street. Its gone now. We brought big brown paper bags to sit on. The people who were at the theatre (all masturbating men) were more interesting than the movies. Triple XXX back then had music that sounded like it was made on a Casio keyboard, and the hairstyles were weird, and the experience was less than arrousing.
09/03/2009
deceased deceased
Quote:
Originally posted by spicywife
I've seen them depicted in a movie, one being Philadelphia with Tom Hanks I think. But I never gave much thought to it and had no idea they existed still.
I was on rotation at the hospital (Jefferson) were Tom Hanks was filming Philadelphia. The place that was the law office was a sandwhich shopp on 21st and Chestnut. I lived at 20th and Walnut, overlooking the Rittenhouse Square Park they kept showing. I got to say hi to Mr Hanks, he's funny and down to earth in real life.

I miss Philly, especially the way it was in the 80's and 90's before it became overgentrified and sanitized.
09/03/2009
Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
ROFL!! Gary & Victoria's discussion about camping sounds very familiar to me.

As for adult theatres, never been in one personally. I always pictured them as being dirty inside or something.
09/03/2009
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by deceased
Yes. In Philadelphia in the 1980's on Easter Day afternoon with my girlfriend. It was on 22nd and Market Street. Its gone now. We brought big brown paper bags to sit on. The people who were at the theatre (all masturbating men) were more ... More
I had a feeling you might chime in

I am not sure if it is the same one, or if it re-opened since then, but there is a full movie theater at either 22nd or 23rd and Market. And then on the next corner of market there is a giant building that sell toys, has booths, movies, and I think some live stuff. That building is two stories, and I think there used to be a firehouse on the end of that block.
09/04/2009
SilverVixen SilverVixen
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I was just thinking about what I might be doing this weekend, and then I was thinking about how bad ass it is to go to the movies. Then, since most things in my logic circuit get filtered through pornography, I started thinking about adult movie ... More
Ha I'd love to even see one here! I live in Myrtle Beach, SC. We're lucky to even have the few adult stores here that we do. When they oppened an all nude female review (club) the city went nuts!

Every chance the council gets they shut it down. Car parked wrong in the road? Whoop! Better shut it down, Fight? Oh no, closing for a week.... It's a wonder our local internet providers haven't blocked all the naughty bits from us!

They only recently legalized tattooing in the city limits! Movies theaters... Man I can only imagine how that would go.
09/04/2009
Miss Jane Miss Jane
I've never been to one (there just AREN'T any around here, the closest porn store is even a nice drive..) but would love to go when I find one..
09/05/2009
gone77 gone77
I've never been to one and don't know if there's even a local one. Even if there was I would not go visit. I get the mental image of the audience being just a bunch of guys jerking off. While I love watching guys jerking off, I doubt I'd enjoy it at a porno theater.
09/05/2009
deceased deceased
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I had a feeling you might chime in

I am not sure if it is the same one, or if it re-opened since then, but there is a full movie theater at either 22nd or 23rd and Market. And then on the next corner of market there is a giant building that ... More
What was it called back then? Something like the Forum. It also had a really nasty massage parlour next door...
09/05/2009
Dragon Dragon
*Cracking Up* I'm guessing that Yeti has been to a drive through movie too, and some of these folks are going "what???"
10/01/2009
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Duh....going camping! Without you. Because you hate family AND nature. I mean...um, because you can't ...umm, couldn't reschedule stuff...anyway - camping!
I never saw this banter but it's pretty adorable
10/01/2009
Owl Identified Owl Identified
One of the advantages of living in the NYC area --the filthiest city in the world
10/01/2009
wetone123 wetone123
Yes, I have been to one. It is pretty dirty inside. There was also a guy with his sausage out down the aisle staring at me crazily. I was with a male and female friend at the time. We just went in to see what was going on. I guess we were bored that night. There was a wild movie playing! This woman had bananas, whipped cream- the works all over her body- a live banana split! Naked midgets were eating it off her. Then I think she gang banged them all. Kinda sordid but an experience nontheless
08/12/2011
Rhazya Rhazya
I've never been into one, I don't even know if they have them where I live. I'd like to go once out of curiosity's sake. I'd be too afraid to go alone though, fearing someone would get the wrong idea.
10/06/2011
Errant Venture Errant Venture
I've never been to one - don't even know if one is in my area, but I highly doubt it. But I wouldn't go. It's easier to just look something up on the internet.
10/07/2011
PussyPurr PussyPurr
We have an Adult Theater on the main drag here in Reno, just a couple blocks south of downtown. There's also a shop attached that sells stuff...I was patronizing the store once and the clerk let me take a peek inside the theater. It was kinda creepy but I'd be very curious to go inside.
10/20/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 32
Unique posters: 20