New to BDSM

Codezilla Codezilla
Hello everyone. Like I said, Im new to BDSM and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. Im a little overwhelmed with all the choices out there. My wife and I are just starting so we aren't 100% sure of everything that we like. So, if anyone could give tips for beginners, I would really appreciate it.
10/15/2013
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Codezilla
Hello everyone. Like I said, Im new to BDSM and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. Im a little overwhelmed with all the choices out there. My wife and I are just starting so we aren't 100% sure of everything that we like. So, ... More
While there are plenty of beginner friendly kits (this one actually is really nice link ) it may be best to invest in a few, cheap things. You don't wanna spend $60 on a blindfold and find out you hate it!

The Picobong line seems good for beginners because they're soft, 'escapable,' cheap, and don't look intimidating (link They used to have a collar, but it doesn't look like Eden carries that anymore. Just play around and have fun! A blind fold and some type of wrist restraints are usually the 'safest' bets to start with.
10/15/2013
Codezilla Codezilla
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
While there are plenty of beginner friendly kits (this one actually is really nice link ) it may be best to invest in a few, cheap things. You don't wanna spend $60 on a blindfold and find out you hate it!

The Picobong line seems good for ... More
Alright. Ill be sure to check them out! Thank you
10/16/2013
charletnarouh charletnarouh
Books make the best first BDSM purchases, in my opinion. The The New Topping Book and it's companion The New Bottoming Book by Dossie Easton & Janet Hardy. S/M 101 by Jay Wiseman is a great introduction as well. Education along with loads of communication with your wife should come before toy purchases. It will help set you up for successful play as well as help give you ideas as to what type of play you might be interested in so you can make more informed purchases.
10/20/2013
Codezilla Codezilla
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
Books make the best first BDSM purchases, in my opinion. The The New Topping Book and it's companion The New Bottoming Book by Dossie Easton & Janet Hardy. S/M 101 by Jay Wiseman is a great introduction as well. Education along with loads of ... More
Thank you! Ill be sure to look those up. My wife and I have been talking about this a lot lately and we've certainly started to set up boundaries that we're comfortable with. We both agree though that in the future we will probably push past those boundaries.
10/21/2013
HouseWench HouseWench
Seconding the book recommendations! It will help you two figure out what direction you'll want to go in (and it will save you a lot of experiments go wrong if you read well)

Not mentioned is that a scarf can make a great blindfold, and if you intend on using rope, you should look at the basic knots that boyscouts use first
10/28/2013
Total posts: 6
Unique posters: 4