TMJ, Periodontal Disease, and Ball Gag Alternatives

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

TMJ, Periodontal Disease, and Ball Gag Alternatives

VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
I know that a lot of people out there suffer from TMJ, Periodontal Disease, or other ailments that keep them from opening their mouths wide enough for certain things. I've found that a lot of people in the community who have such ailments are restricted in the use of certain toys as well, such as ball gags.

I attended a seminar a few weeks ago about predicament bondage and different gag alternatives. I was surprised when the instructor pulled out a plum, a peach, and other fruits and vegetables. He suggested such fruits because they are soft and can be bitten down into as much as needed. It also adds a bit of predicament as to "keep it in" without biting all the way through it.

Just thought I'd post that little bit. What do you guys think? Would you try this if you have issues with opening your jaw wide enough? Or have you found other alternatives besides using fruit?
05/01/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Sir Sir
I would definitely use that method, but I prefer the regular silicone gags.
05/01/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
I would definitely use that method, but I prefer the regular silicone gags.
I'm not talking in the sense of material, but rather the fact that the fruit allows for the jaw to close a bit and not be opened as wide. It would be more comfortable and such. Does that make sense? And do they make silicone gags small enough to cause too much tension on the jaw?
05/01/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
I'm not talking in the sense of material, but rather the fact that the fruit allows for the jaw to close a bit and not be opened as wide. It would be more comfortable and such. Does that make sense? And do they make silicone gags small enough ...
Yes, I know that you were. I was simply saying that I prefer silicone gags for the look of them. And I am not sure, not that I've seen.
05/01/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Yes, I know that you were. I was simply saying that I prefer silicone gags for the look of them. And I am not sure, not that I've seen.
Oh, I understand. I wanted to clarify for my thought process
05/01/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
I know that a lot of people out there suffer from TMJ, Periodontal Disease, or other ailments that keep them from opening their mouths wide enough for certain things. I've found that a lot of people in the community who have such ailments are ...
That sounds AWESOME! Especially if you have a finicky sub who hates being sticky. Double predicament, don't bite through it and don't wipe away the juice. For just couples play it makes a lovely game of lick the juice while your partner tries not to bite through the fruit. AND it's healthy! WOW My imagination is sparked!

Sounds like a great seminar. While I have only had a mild brush with periodontal disease I never had problems opening my jaw wide enough for a ball gag. My Mom, however, had major problems with TMJ and couldn't handle even a wash rag betwen her jaws. Sigel has jaw issues as well and fear issues with being bound. I think this might help him experience letting go in a more user friendly way. He can escape anytime he wants so it becomes a competition with himself not a scary situation where he's being over powered.

Thanks a lot for sharing this, it might be the answer to the problem we've had with gags in general.
05/01/2010
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Yes, I know that you were. I was simply saying that I prefer silicone gags for the look of them. And I am not sure, not that I've seen.
They make some pony bit gags that are no bigger than a pencil, wouldn't stop any noise but it's good for those with jaw pain.

Also the fruit might not allow the jaw to clench so tightly that it would aggravate the TMJ, thus releiving the rebound type headaches and stiff neck. You could ease the jaw easily if you used a piece of a fleshier fruit like say an apple. It could be cut to fit as it were.
05/01/2010
Angel deSanguine Angel deSanguine
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
I know that a lot of people out there suffer from TMJ, Periodontal Disease, or other ailments that keep them from opening their mouths wide enough for certain things. I've found that a lot of people in the community who have such ailments are ...
Fruit. Seriously. Why didn't I think of that before? (I'm sure you probably said the same thing!) No matter, I will be stealing this idea. Thank you for sharing!

I get major jaw fatigue and it will pop out of place if I keep my mouth jacked open too wide for too long so we try to avoid ball gags and use something softer (panties, stockings, etc) or a bit gag. I have a Sinvention leather bit gag (link) that I really like. It's not the most comfortable thing, so I still have that discomfort that a gag is meant to provide without the aggravation and pain of my jaw popping in and out for three days afterwards.
05/01/2010
Holly (Woman Tribune) Holly (Woman Tribune)
This is AMAZING! We talked a bit in the other thread about my issues with my jaw and why didn't I ever think of fruit!? This is so awesome, thank you for sharing!
05/01/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
That sounds AWESOME! Especially if you have a finicky sub who hates being sticky. Double predicament, don't bite through it and don't wipe away the juice. For just couples play it makes a lovely game of lick the juice while your partner tries ...
There's a lot that can be done with fruit and predicaments. It just takes a little imagination and it can go a long way for less. I'm glad I could spark your imagination I hope that you and Sigel can find an alternative for his jaw issues
05/01/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Angel deSanguine
Fruit. Seriously. Why didn't I think of that before? (I'm sure you probably said the same thing!) No matter, I will be stealing this idea. Thank you for sharing!

I get major jaw fatigue and it will pop out of place if I keep my mouth ...
If you want to try another alternative to a bit gag too that might be a bit thinner, use a carrot. Seriously, it works and has a similar effect!
05/01/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Holly (Woman Tribune)
This is AMAZING! We talked a bit in the other thread about my issues with my jaw and why didn't I ever think of fruit!? This is so awesome, thank you for sharing!
It's not a problem. I'm glad to offer alternatives where there may not seem to be any
05/01/2010
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 5