Birthday Shout-Outs! (03/2011)

Darling Jen Darling Jen
March 2011

Welcome to the Birthday Club’s third post of birthday shout-outs! They’re revamped, glitzed, and better than ever! As you may know, once a month will be a forum announcement to celebrate the birthdays of our favorite Eden Staff, reviewers, and contributors! (And if you have yet to submit your own birthday, PM or email me now!) And this month I added more details and information since it was so popular. I hope you enjoy!

To make celebrating with our fellow Eden contributors more interesting and special, every month has its own characteristics and history, so I’ll be sharing a little of that each time. It’s not going to be extensive information because that would take up entirely too much space and leave me with nothing to do next year. But it does add a little spice to every month of the year and, hey, you might learn a little something too!

One last thing! I announced this a few months ago but I wanted to make sure everyone hears this wonderful news! Thanks to your involvement and the amazing generosity of the EdenFantasys Staff, every contributor who participates in the birthday club will receive a $25 gift card for their birthday (sent out on a weekly basis)!


So not only is March the start of spring (in the Northern Hemisphere, at least) but there are 9 contributor birthdays to celebrate!

Happy Birthday, all March babies!!!

9th – Dwtim & Lummox

11th – JustYourAverageGuy

13th – Lily Night

14th – thebedroomblogger

22nd – Lucidity

24h – Natural

27th – Kim!

30th – Twisted Finger


Birthstone – Aquamarine
Zodiac Sign (Feb. 19th – March 20th) – Pisces
Pisces

Under the ruling planet of Neptune (but traditionally under Jupiter), this is a mutable water sign symbolized by two fish, generally swimming around or opposite of one another. You’re imaginative, sensitive, and gentle in nature but also a bit of an escapist and fairly secretive. You’re more likely to patiently wait for problems to sort themselves out rather than take the initiative to fix them yourself. Also, some of your biggest pet peeves are being overly criticized or being subjected to dealing with know-it-alls. But on a more positive side, you tend to be artistically creative or inspired and desire deep emotional connection with your friends and partners. And because of that, you tend to give a lot more than you take.

Your main colors are white, mauve, and red. Your physical body part that corresponds to your sign (yes, the zodiac has body parts too) is the feet. And since this is the month of the start of spring, I find it appropriate to mention that your flowers are the poppy, water lily, pink, and thyme. Some famous Pisces include Dr. Seuss of children’s books fame, Jon Bon Jovi, Albert Einstein, and Czar Alexander III.

If you’re at the tail end of the month and don’t fall under this sign, no frets! We can’t do repeats for every month so your sign will be next month with March. But also keep in mind, for anyone who has even an inkling of interest in astrology, that the closer you are to another sign in birthday, the more characteristics you share with them.

This month in history:

March was named after the Roman god of war, Mars, son of Jupiter. It is the first month of the Roman calendar.

March 1, 1781 – Formal ratification of the U.S. Articles of Confederation was announced by Congress.

March 3, 1847 – Telephone inventor Alexander Graham Bell was born in Edinburgh, Scotland.

March 4, 1681 – King Charles II of England granted a huge tract of land in the New World to William Penn to settle an outstanding debt. The area later became Pennsylvania (U.S. state).

March 4, 1779 – Revolutionary war hero Casimir Pulaski was born in Poland.

March 6, 1475 – Renaissance genius Michelangelo was born in Caprese, Italy.
03/01/2011
  • Weekly Special: Sexy Savings
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Happy Birthday, March babies! I hope this more in depth edition of the Birthday Shout-Outs please you!
03/01/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Happy birthday everybody!
03/01/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Jen
Happy Birthday, March babies! I hope this more in depth edition of the Birthday Shout-Outs please you!
It greatly pleases me! I love hearing about the different things/people that happen in March. My favorite month, not just because of my birthday but it is when spring starts.

Happy Birthday to everyone and me too.
03/01/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Happy Birthday Marchies
03/01/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
I forgot the cake

03/01/2011
Coralbell Coralbell
Happy Birthdays!
03/01/2011
Kindred Kindred
Happy birthday March babies!
03/01/2011
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
Happy birthday!!
03/01/2011
Sammi Sammi
Happy birthdays!
03/01/2011
LicentiouslyYours LicentiouslyYours
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Jen
March 2011

Welcome to the Birthday Club’s third post of birthday shout-outs! They’re revamped, glitzed, and better than ever! As you may know, once a month will be a forum announcement to celebrate the birthdays of our favorite Eden Staff, ... More
I figured I'd hop in and say Happy Birthday to my fellow March birthday folks—this IS the perfect day to post this as... today happens to be mine!


Happy Birthday to everybody born in March!
03/01/2011
ellejay ellejay
Ooh, I like all the month info! What a nice thing to have - will have to sign up soon. So yes, Happy Birthday, Marchies.
03/01/2011
Naughty Student Naughty Student
Happy Birthday in advance guys!
03/01/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Happy Birthday Marchlings!!!
03/01/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by LicentiouslyYours
I figured I'd hop in and say Happy Birthday to my fellow March birthday folks—this IS the perfect day to post this as... today happens to be mine!


Happy Birthday to everybody born in March!
Ah ha! I got another staff birthday! Mwhahaha!
03/01/2011
Splendwhore Splendwhore
Happy Birthday to my fellow March babies!
I guess thebedroomblogger is my birthday twin!
03/02/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by Splendwhore
Happy Birthday to my fellow March babies!
I guess thebedroomblogger is my birthday twin!
Yay for birthday twins!!!
03/02/2011
Lucidity Lucidity
Yay! Happy birthday fellow March kiddos Also, wow! I didn't know we'd be getting a GC! Eden is so generous, thanks, y'all
03/02/2011
NuMe NuMe
Happy Birthday to all you March babies!
03/02/2011
Splendwhore Splendwhore
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucidity
Yay! Happy birthday fellow March kiddos Also, wow! I didn't know we'd be getting a GC! Eden is so generous, thanks, y'all
Aww, no GC for me this year though since I joined late. If only I'd found out about this a few days earlier.
*Shrugs* Oh well. Always next year I suppose! Hope everyone's birthday is phenomenal!


I wonder, does anyone have any special birthday plans? It'd be fun to hear about how everyone is celebrating!
03/02/2011
Lucidity Lucidity
Quote:
Originally posted by Splendwhore
Aww, no GC for me this year though since I joined late. If only I'd found out about this a few days earlier.
*Shrugs* Oh well. Always next year I suppose! Hope everyone's birthday is phenomenal!


I wonder, does anyone have ... More
Awww, you'll just have to point grind to make up for it

I have no birthday plans as of yet- if I make plans, I usually end up being disappointed.

Do you have any?
03/02/2011
Splendwhore Splendwhore
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucidity
Awww, you'll just have to point grind to make up for it

I have no birthday plans as of yet- if I make plans, I usually end up being disappointed.

Do you have any?
I can understand the disappointment factor..

My mom and grandma have been poking and prodding me for details. Unfortunately my BF has to work 3pm-Midnight on my birthday, and everyone else is busy so I'll pretty much be alone. *Pouts* We're having my party the very next day. My grandpa and uncle had mentioned last year having to buy me some booze since I'm legal now, but I'm really not that interested in drinking..

I predict it'll be a pretty average birthday party.
03/02/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by Splendwhore
I can understand the disappointment factor..

My mom and grandma have been poking and prodding me for details. Unfortunately my BF has to work 3pm-Midnight on my birthday, and everyone else is busy so I'll pretty much be alone. *Pouts* ... More
Awwwww, but I hope it turns out to pleasantly surprise you! I can totally relate to disappointing birthdays. Almost every single one I've had in my lifetime has been depressing... But it's my hope that birthday club brings just a little extra happy to everyone's special day!
03/02/2011
Kaltir Kaltir
Happy Birthday!!
03/03/2011
Lucidity Lucidity
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Jen
Awwwww, but I hope it turns out to pleasantly surprise you! I can totally relate to disappointing birthdays. Almost every single one I've had in my lifetime has been depressing... But it's my hope that birthday club brings just a little extra ... More
Hey, if we can celebrate even if it's online, I think that'll bring a little extra joy to everyone's year
03/04/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucidity
Hey, if we can celebrate even if it's online, I think that'll bring a little extra joy to everyone's year
Awww exactly!!!
03/04/2011
namelesschaos namelesschaos
Happy birthday to all you March babies.
03/05/2011
JustYourAverageGuy JustYourAverageGuy
Thank you everyone for the BDay Wishes!
03/07/2011
smirthy smirthy
happy! happy!
03/08/2011
Taylor Taylor
Happy Birthday everyone! I hope each of you have a great one.
03/08/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 36
Unique posters: 21