Community Holiday Party - vote on date / time / price range

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Community Holiday Party - vote on date / time / price range

Gary Gary
We are going to be having a live Community Holiday Party on the forum the week before Christmas. Everyone is welcome to participate, and I will post the sign up list next week after the results of this poll are decided. I will also post a brief tutorial on how to set up your gift registry so that everyone who wants to can participate in the Secret Santa Gift Exchange.

Please vote on each of the THREE categories below.
Answers (private voting - your screen name will NOT appear in the results):
Should we have the Holiday Party on:
3
- Monday December 20th
17
- Tuesday December 21st
47
- Wednesday December 22nd
12
- Thursday December 23rd
2
.
2
Should party start at:
1
(probably last 60-90 minutes)
- 4:00pm EST
- 5:00pm EST
2
- 6:00pm EST
3
- 7:00pm EST
30
- 8:00pm EST
45
..
1
Should the price range for Secret Santa be:
(don’t forget about shipping)
9
- $5.00 to $10.00
9
- $10.00 to $15.00
37
- $15.00 to $20.00
25
Total votes: 245 (71 voters)
Poll is closed
12/07/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Not here Not here
I think this is gonna be so awesome, can't wait
12/07/2010
Eeyor89 Eeyor89
Sweet I can't wait Def. count me in!
12/07/2010
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
So cool, can't wait. I even started my wish list already.
12/07/2010
Gary Gary
Nice! I will post the sign up next week. The date and time might be a factor in deciding who can participate.
12/07/2010
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
How does the Secret Santa work? Do you purchase a small gift for someone and have EF send it to them? Or do you just send the points as a virtual gift? The problem with purchasing less expensive items is that you are killed with the shipping since the shipping is about half the cost of the gift (which is why I never buy anything until I can afford at least $59 worth of stuff).
12/07/2010
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Something I was thinking about is shipping to other countries, this might affect the price range. Just a thought, if we keep the cost low it would help with including those out of the country.
12/07/2010
Kim! Kim!
If we want to participate in the secret santa but are unable to attend the party we'll still be able to do it, right?
12/07/2010
Chilipepper Chilipepper
I don't think I can afford to join the party.
12/07/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
EXCITED!
12/07/2010
Kayla Kayla
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
How does the Secret Santa work? Do you purchase a small gift for someone and have EF send it to them? Or do you just send the points as a virtual gift? The problem with purchasing less expensive items is that you are killed with the shipping since ...
This. I'd hate to spend 10 dollars on a gift just to have shipping be 6 dollars extra.

Either way, I really like the idea of this Secret Santa program. I'm looking forward to participating.
12/07/2010
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
This. I'd hate to spend 10 dollars on a gift just to have shipping be 6 dollars extra.

Either way, I really like the idea of this Secret Santa program. I'm looking forward to participating.
I do have a suggestion.

Notification can be sent about whichever item has been purchased by a Secret Santa. Then that item is held until that person's next assignment is shipped. That way shipping costs can be defrayed (and s/he will have something else, aside from his/her awesome new assignment, to eagerly anticipate!).

Of course, in reality this might not work since EF could not literally be holding these items aside and the item might just happen to be sold out at the time the person's next assignment is sent.

Hmmm. Maybe that wasn't such a great suggestion after all...

So, perhaps you could just donate points with a suggestion for a specific gift you had in mind for them and let them spend it as s/he sees fit? That way, s/he could tack on something extra on his/her next assignment or order.
12/07/2010
ToyGeek ToyGeek
I'm thinking that the shipping cost might make this idea impractical if there isn't some sort of thinking outside the box involved. In fandom, exchanges like this are limited to items that can be sent virtually (like computer wallpapers, journal icons, fanfiction, fanart) which wouldn't work here, but there has to be something that can be arranged to make this easier.
12/07/2010
Victoria Victoria
LOVE it!
12/07/2010
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
I do have a suggestion.

Notification can be sent about whichever item has been purchased by a Secret Santa. Then that item is held until that person's next assignment is shipped. That way shipping costs can be defrayed (and s/he will ...
"So, perhaps you could just donate points with a suggestion for a specific gift you had in mind for them and let them spend it as s/he sees fit? That way, s/he could tack on something extra on his/her next assignment or order. "

This! I am just thinking about it also. To ship to me, it costs 15$. When the gift and the shipping are the same price that is not so great.
12/07/2010
Airekah Airekah
I voted, I just hope that whatever happens, my work does not interfere with my being able to participate. That would be the biggest bummer.
12/07/2010
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
I voted even though I don't have my work schedule for that week yet. Hopefully I can make it. Secret Santa sounds like an awesome idea The only thing is, I'm not sure many of us have a lot of things under $20 on our wish lists..
12/07/2010
SexyySarah SexyySarah
Quote:
Originally posted by Jobthingy
"So, perhaps you could just donate points with a suggestion for a specific gift you had in mind for them and let them spend it as s/he sees fit? That way, s/he could tack on something extra on his/her next assignment or order. ...
The only problem I see with this is, we would only be passing around the same amount of money. We would each send a "gift card" for a certain amount to everyone when we could just use that for ourselves in the first place.

I don't know how this will work if shipping costs are going to be more than the gift, unless EF is willing to offer a discounted rate for shipping for those who sign up or possibly a free option???
12/07/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
We are going to be having a live Community Holiday Party on the forum the week before Christmas. Everyone is welcome to participate, and I will post the sign up list next week after the results of this poll are decided. I will also post a brief ...
Awesome!!!
If it's the right day and time (being overseas) then I'll be here!
12/08/2010
cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
We are going to be having a live Community Holiday Party on the forum the week before Christmas. Everyone is welcome to participate, and I will post the sign up list next week after the results of this poll are decided. I will also post a brief ...
WOOHOO I am so glad I will be on break before Winter Semester starts! Then I should actually remember to make it on time Writing this into my schedule and putting it on my phone!

I haven't read through the replies yet, but I take it the sign up thread/info should be up soon?
12/08/2010
Maiden Maiden
I would love to participate if I can. We just need to figure out what to do if some one doesn't have anything cheap enough on their wish lists. Or maybe we could all make up a whole different wish list just for the secret santa, with only the things in that price range.
12/08/2010
Darling Jen Darling Jen
Everyone already brought up my concerns so... ditto! I'd hate to not be a part of this wonderful idea if I simply can't afford the Secret Santa gifts.
12/08/2010
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Maiden
I would love to participate if I can. We just need to figure out what to do if some one doesn't have anything cheap enough on their wish lists. Or maybe we could all make up a whole different wish list just for the secret santa, with only the ...
Thats the idea, Gary will "post a brief tutorial on how to set up your gift registry". Should work great.
12/08/2010
Maiden Maiden
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Thats the idea, Gary will "post a brief tutorial on how to set up your gift registry". Should work great.
Cool, because I would hate for some one to have to go through all of my lists, I have tons and they are extensive! lol
12/08/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
How does the Secret Santa work? Do you purchase a small gift for someone and have EF send it to them? Or do you just send the points as a virtual gift? The problem with purchasing less expensive items is that you are killed with the shipping since ...
You will receive a 'secret' name, and buy an item on that persons wish list / gift registry and it will be shipped to them. They will not know who bought it. (And again, the address is part of the registry, none of your private information will be shared with anyone).
12/08/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Something I was thinking about is shipping to other countries, this might affect the price range. Just a thought, if we keep the cost low it would help with including those out of the country.
If you get an out of the country contributor, let me know. All you have to do is post on the party thread, "Gary I just sent you a private message."
12/08/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Kim!
If we want to participate in the secret santa but are unable to attend the party we'll still be able to do it, right?
That is a good question! Let me think about that and see if I can figure out a fair way to coordinate that.
12/08/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
I don't think I can afford to join the party.
The Secret Santa exchange is the main event, but EVERYONE is invited to come and hang out!
12/08/2010
mariah mariah
sounds amazing!
12/08/2010
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by LikeSunshineDust
I voted even though I don't have my work schedule for that week yet. Hopefully I can make it. Secret Santa sounds like an awesome idea The only thing is, I'm not sure many of us have a lot of things under $20 on our wish lists..
There are plenty of items, and really its more about the fun and hanging out.
12/08/2010
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 55
Unique posters: 30