#BuildaBetterEden - Community Planning: May 2012 - Everybody welcome!

tA tA
A suggestion about free gifts;

Please stop making them jelly! Not everyone can use these items and whenever I see that you're offering a toy that's jelly I go, "Oh, phthylates... that's gonna give me a UTI, so I won't be able to get it or use it."

At the very least, please make sure that it's phthalates-free. I know it's a free gift and all, but the one you offered last time was phthalates-free and that was really nice. Can this become a trend, especially if it's going to be the 70$+ one?
05/12/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by MamaDivine
Got another one

I was sorting through some of my wishlists this morning and I realized that I was having to relocate a ton of items that were either misplaced or I needed them in more than one wishlist. (Don't ask, Im ridiculously ... More
There is already an option to move items from one wishlist to another. Within a wishlist and under the lure, there is a "move" button. When you click on it you can either move the item to another list or create a new list.
05/12/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
There is already an option to move items from one wishlist to another. Within a wishlist and under the lure, there is a "move" button. When you click on it you can either move the item to another list or create a new list.
God bless you lmao! It was driving me nuts not being able to move those around. Thankies!
05/14/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by tA
A suggestion about free gifts;

Please stop making them jelly! Not everyone can use these items and whenever I see that you're offering a toy that's jelly I go, "Oh, phthylates... that's gonna give me a UTI, so I won't be ... More
We want to treat our customers, and jelly toys are both a plentiful and cost effective way for us to share some love! Many people still enjoy jelly toys, especially with access to great information about safety and cleaning. They are simple gifts from us to our customers, and we don't pressure our customers to take advantage of the offer. But our toys change up frequently, and we have offered a variety of material types and different styles of toys to keep it fresh. Just keep checking back with us, and we're sure you'll find something you can't resist!
05/14/2012
Kindred Kindred
This is more of a personal interest, but would it be possible to list all the mentors a student has had on their personal profile page, much like how mentors have students listed?
05/14/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
This is more of a personal interest, but would it be possible to list all the mentors a student has had on their personal profile page, much like how mentors have students listed?
That's a neat suggestion. I'll ask.

I was thinking about a few things over the weekend - how would you all feel about having your "joined date" on your profile?
05/14/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
That's a neat suggestion. I'll ask.

I was thinking about a few things over the weekend - how would you all feel about having your "joined date" on your profile?
I don't think I would have a problem with that information being posted. However, I created my account profile almost a year before I actually became an active contributor. I might have bought a jelly toy or something before reviewing...
05/14/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
That's a neat suggestion. I'll ask.

I was thinking about a few things over the weekend - how would you all feel about having your "joined date" on your profile?
I see know problem with it, have at it.


A jelly toy? Kindred?...
05/14/2012
Woman China Woman China
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Another request: Can Admin clearly show the Expiry dates on ALL the promotions, which include Special Sales Codes (i.e. Mother's Day) and Discount Sales; it would be REALLY helpful if Expiry dates are listed on the 'banners'.
One more ... More
YES!!!! please!! Pretty please!!!
05/14/2012
Princess-Kayla ♥ Princess-Kayla ♥
Quote:
Originally posted by tA
A suggestion about free gifts;

Please stop making them jelly! Not everyone can use these items and whenever I see that you're offering a toy that's jelly I go, "Oh, phthylates... that's gonna give me a UTI, so I won't be ... More
I'm just grateful to have the free gift. I don't care what they're made of. I think I'd rather have a toy made from jelly as a free gift than not get anything at all.

And I think having a thing that shows when we joined would be really awesome!
05/14/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
I have another suggestion...surprise surprise I know lol.

With the way that the forums are laid out-Is there any way that we could possibly have the "Eden Link" area be alphabetically organized? When I went to try to find "XHale Glass" under there, to post, it took me forever to find it lol. My eyes are horrible and sometimes they blur really bad when I am trying to read through things online. I try to enlarge my print on my screen, but I really think that it might be helpful if the topics or "Categories" were alphabetically organized (not just EdenLink-but all of them maybe?). Thank you!
05/15/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by MamaDivine
I have another suggestion...surprise surprise I know lol.

With the way that the forums are laid out-Is there any way that we could possibly have the "Eden Link" area be alphabetically organized? When I went to try to find ... More
Unfortunately, the forums are organized by last addition. I have a ton of ideas for the forums, but it's going to take some time to get everything straight. We appreciate your patience.
05/15/2012
Woman China Woman China
Speaking of Forums.... I love comparison blog posts and comparison reviews most of all. Would it be possible in the "Sex Toy Information" section of the Forums to get a new sub-section called "Toy comparisons" or something similar?

For then in this section, members can ask other members if they have a Lelo clit vibe that they can compare to say a Leaf brand.
05/17/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Woman China
Speaking of Forums.... I love comparison blog posts and comparison reviews most of all. Would it be possible in the "Sex Toy Information" section of the Forums to get a new sub-section called "Toy comparisons" or something ... More
Interesting. I'll add it to the list.
05/17/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Interesting. I'll add it to the list.
lol I suggested that idea a while ago and someone said that there was no use for it
05/17/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Another request: Can Admin clearly show the Expiry dates on ALL the promotions, which include Special Sales Codes (i.e. Mother's Day) and Discount Sales; it would be REALLY helpful if Expiry dates are listed on the 'banners'.
One more ... More
Seems like MY suggestions are the only ones that have gone unnoticed, is it really that useless??? There was a new posting asking about expiry date AGAIN today.
05/17/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Seems like MY suggestions are the only ones that have gone unnoticed, is it really that useless??? There was a new posting asking about expiry date AGAIN today.
Your suggestions haven't gone unnoticed. We've passed them along to the designers, who will make the decision on including this in the banners.
05/17/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Your suggestions haven't gone unnoticed. We've passed them along to the designers, who will make the decision on including this in the banners.
Thanks for the reply, Stormy. Hopefully we'll see a change to that.
05/17/2012
jmex83 jmex83
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Seems like MY suggestions are the only ones that have gone unnoticed, is it really that useless??? There was a new posting asking about expiry date AGAIN today.
I've suggested this as well Rossie. It was driving me nuts because I kept missing the sales, not knowing when they were ending. I missed out on a handful of them because of this. When I would ask Customer service when it ended, I would always get a reply the day of the expiration or the day after it expired. Really didn't do me much good . Don't feel bad, I've asked that as well-for it to be a suggestion. Frustrating I know lol.
05/21/2012
jmex83 jmex83
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Seems like MY suggestions are the only ones that have gone unnoticed, is it really that useless??? There was a new posting asking about expiry date AGAIN today.
Also, if it makes you feel any better, My wife and I have added a TON to this thread, and last months thread-as well as to the suggestions for "What Eden Should Carry" and no one seems to respond to ours either. I feel like I'm totally out of touch with any good suggestions too lol. My wife has been beggin' for massage stones and kits to be included in the site (which I thought would be an excellent idea) and not one person responded with "Oh yeah that would be awesome!) but when she did a poll in discussions she had a ton of folks respond with "Oh yeah I would love to see these!" LOL. Guess its timing or just where you post it that matters maybe? I Dunno. But, Im sure that admin sees things. Its frustrating, but theres so much on the site that I know they can't respond to everyones suggestions or comments all the time. I feel your pain though
05/21/2012
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by MamaDivine
Got another one

I was sorting through some of my wishlists this morning and I realized that I was having to relocate a ton of items that were either misplaced or I needed them in more than one wishlist. (Don't ask, Im ridiculously ... More
This is a cool idea. I just came here because I had an idea for the wishlists as well. Like you, I've got quite a few wishlists. I try to keep them organized in categories. One for "partner items", "me items", etc.

I was just about to reorganize my wishlist, add another called, "discontinued" items. I want to still have them in a wishlist in case they come back. My "me" wishlist is getting cluttered with things that are now "discontinued". This is a problem because sometimes things are listed as discontinued but that's because they're out of stock right now (that's another thing that should be worked on).

For the wishlists, it'd be nice if we could reorganize their placement. So say a person has 5 different wishlists. They want the wishlist they created at the bottom of the list of wishlists. They could drag and drop where that specific wishlist goes in the list.

I'm not sure how many people would find this useful but it'd be nice for those like me who try and keep everything organized (to the point where it's just scary).

It's a small thing, and it's really not that important but I just thought I'd throw the idea out there : )
05/21/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by jmex83
I've suggested this as well Rossie. It was driving me nuts because I kept missing the sales, not knowing when they were ending. I missed out on a handful of them because of this. When I would ask Customer service when it ended, I would always get ... More
Thanks for your advocacy; but as Stormy's reply stated, the suggestion has already been passed on to the designers, so I'm all good now!
05/21/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by jmex83
Also, if it makes you feel any better, My wife and I have added a TON to this thread, and last months thread-as well as to the suggestions for "What Eden Should Carry" and no one seems to respond to ours either. I feel like I'm totally ... More
The "Eden Should Carry" threads are suggestions by the community, if it's doable we bring it in. If not, we don't. The person in charge of product procurement watches those threads, but nothing is a guarantee and we love feedback on everything we do, but sometimes the community's suggestions run in the opposite direction of our own plans for site. It's not that any one person is being ignored or anything like that.
05/21/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
I was wondering if it were possible to make it so that you can't vote on offsite review until you actually click the link to read it.
05/21/2012
Princess-Kayla ♥ Princess-Kayla ♥
I suggested this last month, but didn't get any feed on it.
I know you guys can't force people to explain why the voted a certain way for a review, but is there any way something could pop up when you hover your mouse over it to kind of explain what the voting scale means?
Like the bee/vroom thing. 5/5 being earth shaking or something when you hover your mouse.

Maybe you can have something like
"Extremely useful- This review covered everything about the toy, plus a little extra. It was very helpful and informative."
And "Worth reading, but not useful- While this review was a good read, it didn't really cover much information about the toy. I don't feel very informed"

My reason for this is because I had someone tell me they voted a review of mine "Worth reading, but not useful" simply because the product was too expensive, and they didn't want it. It might be helpful to have something like that to kind of show what the different votes mean.
05/21/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Princess-Kayla ♥
I suggested this last month, but didn't get any feed on it.
I know you guys can't force people to explain why the voted a certain way for a review, but is there any way something could pop up when you hover your mouse over it to kind of ... More
I agree with you that there should be something explaining to new users what they are actually rating about the review. I am not sure that some even realize that they are evaluating your review and not the products themselves.
05/21/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
This is a cool idea. I just came here because I had an idea for the wishlists as well. Like you, I've got quite a few wishlists. I try to keep them organized in categories. One for "partner items", "me items", etc.

I ... More
I actually have the same sort of wishlist for the discontinued items LOL. I have a few in there (The ToiBocks, the massive Devine Toy Chest and a few others). I really hope that they come back in stock, but just in case-I have them saved because its so hard to find them in the searches now LOL. So If I see something, I'll throw it in there. Usually I can only ever find them in the list on the "Product search" under My Favorite Products.

I think that being able to reorganize the wishlists or move them around would be great. If you create a new list, it automatically goes to the top, and I want to be able to pair them together. I have some lists that say "The Bella Il Fiore" list or "Icicles" list and so on and so forth. Then I have my lists that are different "areas of the body" like G Spot, Clitoral, massage etc. Or I'll have lists that say "For me, For Jmex, For mom for friends, etc etc. So I would love to be able to sort them out so its not so confusing lol.
05/22/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
The "Eden Should Carry" threads are suggestions by the community, if it's doable we bring it in. If not, we don't. The person in charge of product procurement watches those threads, but nothing is a guarantee and we love feedback on ... More
We understand that Stormy, so we try not to totally bug about some things lol. But, it would be nice if maybe someone suggests something that "isnt going in the sites direction" that someone say "That would be a great suggestion, but at this time, Eden doesn't see this being part of our plans" or something like that.

Like the fact that I keep asking for the massage stones. I know I have placed that suggestion on tons of threads. Yet, no one has said anything to me about this. I have even run a poll and several folks wanted it too. But, nothing was said by admin about whether it is doable or not.

If I knew that the staff didn't see this as being something that was possible or something that the staff didn't plan on bringing to the site, it would be nice to know so I can stop suggesting it LOL.

The "good ideas" or doable things are being responded to, but I think too, that some of the "Not so doable" things should also be responded to so that we know what direction the site IS going in. Ya know? Is this something that you can talk to the staff about and maybe implement so that we can stop begging for certain items, and look ridiculous because we're being so persistent and its not going to happen? lol. Thanks Stormy!
05/22/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by Princess-Kayla ♥
I suggested this last month, but didn't get any feed on it.
I know you guys can't force people to explain why the voted a certain way for a review, but is there any way something could pop up when you hover your mouse over it to kind of ... More
I suggested this as well Kayla, a while back. They did respond to it, but I cannot recall what they said. I know it was something along the lines of "Probably not going to happen" but I can't recall why or what their thinking was on this. I agree with you though, that the lil window pop up idea would be nice.
05/22/2012
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by MamaDivine
I actually have the same sort of wishlist for the discontinued items LOL. I have a few in there (The ToiBocks, the massive Devine Toy Chest and a few others). I really hope that they come back in stock, but just in case-I have them saved because its ... More
Oh my gosh. Is this: link the one you want? Because that's in my wishlist too LOL!!!
05/22/2012
Total posts: 106
Unique posters: 25