#BuildaBetterEden - Community Planning: May 2012 - Everybody welcome!

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

#BuildaBetterEden - Community Planning: May 2012 - Everybody welcome!

MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
Oh my gosh. Is this: link the one you want? Because that's in my wishlist too LOL!!!
Oooh Indeedy! LOL. I've been lusting after that bad boy since I got here. And wouldn't you know it, they discontinued it JUST before I arrived! LOL. Demmit all! haha.

*Sigh*

I read in the forums somewhere that they were considering bringing this back this summer. So I have been sitting on it, watching anxiously for it to get its butt back here lol!
05/22/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
I was wondering if it were possible to make it so that you can't vote on offsite review until you actually click the link to read it.
I really don't think that's possible. Just because the link is going to be live regardless and I can't think of a way to hide it that wouldn't disrupt everything else. I'm sorry.
05/22/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I really don't think that's possible. Just because the link is going to be live regardless and I can't think of a way to hide it that wouldn't disrupt everything else. I'm sorry.
I think the issue is that some readers still fail to realize that there is a full review on the blog. Maybe if the beginning of the review was posted on site and then cut off in the middle of a sentence as a teaser with "Click to read full review" at the end, similar to how I've seen blog entry summaries. This might draw more readers in and lead them to the blog. Just a thought.
05/22/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by MamaDivine
We understand that Stormy, so we try not to totally bug about some things lol. But, it would be nice if maybe someone suggests something that "isnt going in the sites direction" that someone say "That would be a great suggestion, but ...
We never like to say "no" at Eden, but sometimes it's a necessity.

Ok here's what's going on around here:

- The mentor program needs some serious tweaking.
- The forums need some serious tweaking.

Those are the two biggest issues we're dealing with right now. So, if you want to brainstorm some ideas and either post them here or email them to me, we will look into it and see what can be done. I cannot make any promises on those ideas actually coming to life, but we're interested in hearing what you have to say.
05/22/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I really don't think that's possible. Just because the link is going to be live regardless and I can't think of a way to hide it that wouldn't disrupt everything else. I'm sorry.
No problem, couldn't hurt to ask.
05/22/2012
xlustlovex xlustlovex
hi everyone im new here, site is pretty cool
05/22/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by xlustlovex
hi everyone im new here, site is pretty cool
Howdy and welcome to EF! If you need anything, just ask. Lots of us are happy to help.

Have fun while your here!
05/22/2012
daaddison8991 daaddison8991
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley


Hello everybody! Welcome to the Community Planning Thread! This is similar to our previous Community Planning Meetings, only instead of being limited to meeting twice a month, this thread will be available all month long for you to post in. ...
love this site, and love the prices
05/23/2012
daaddison8991 daaddison8991
Quote:
Originally posted by Woman China
Howdy!!!

I know, I know... you can turn on the alerts in your EF email to notify you in your regular email. BUT... am I the only one who goes yay! I've EF mail, delete my yahoo email that tells me that, get's back to work thinking ...
..
05/23/2012
T&A1987 T&A1987
i had an idea about point farming and comments. sites like dailykos and others have a system where a person may vote up a comment, similar to "liking" it on facebook. The idea is that commenters get points NOT for commenting, but for how well received their comments are. For example, one point for every like. This way, a more helpful comment will receive more likes than a useless one and the thoughtful commenter will earn more points, even when not on the site. Such a system would reward effort and thoughtfulness over simply typing and clicking.

Caps on points per comment will probably have to be established, but should be higher, to reinforce the quality over quantity idea. perhaps put the cap at 10 or 20 points. Also, if someone posts more than 5 comments per day (although it could be any number, 5 is an example) that 6th comment cannot accrue points, so the number of comments per day is also capped.

The one fear I have is that it will encourage posters to become like politicians making posts they know will rile up supporters of an issue and earn them plenty of points. still, that at least involves thought, which is better than the point farming.

just an idea.
05/23/2012
DeliciousSurprise DeliciousSurprise
Quote:
Originally posted by MamaDivine
We understand that Stormy, so we try not to totally bug about some things lol. But, it would be nice if maybe someone suggests something that "isnt going in the sites direction" that someone say "That would be a great suggestion, but ...
I agree that this would be worthwhile; some of us--okay, many of us--continually post the same requests month after month. Even a, "We're working on it," comment would be better than nothing because we could stop beating a dead horse continuously.

Like, if you're never going to get new Liberator swag in, I can stop bemoaning the lack of Zeppelin. Or if you know that in two months you'll have all new storage pouches, I can stop pouting about the lack of options.
05/23/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by T&A1987
i had an idea about point farming and comments. sites like dailykos and others have a system where a person may vote up a comment, similar to "liking" it on facebook. The idea is that commenters get points NOT for commenting, but for how ...
Psst...check this out - EdenPoints Program has changed!! But, we appreciate your suggestion and might consider it later down the line.
05/23/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by DeliciousSurprise
I agree that this would be worthwhile; some of us--okay, many of us--continually post the same requests month after month. Even a, "We're working on it," comment would be better than nothing because we could stop beating a dead horse ...
There is a very, very slim chance that we will carry the Zeppelin. If we didn't when we were partners with them, we won't now. It's unfortunate, cause I would love to have one (I don't cheat on Eden ) , but those be the rules.
05/23/2012
DeliciousSurprise DeliciousSurprise
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
There is a very, very slim chance that we will carry the Zeppelin. If we didn't when we were partners with them, we won't now. It's unfortunate, cause I would love to have one (I don't cheat on Eden ) , but those be the rules.
I was afraid of that. That's disappointing, but not entirely surprising.

I've been procrastinating purchasing the Zep from work but I guess if we won't ever have them here...

Are you able to disclose why? (like, is it a space thing or is it about demand or is it just the propriety nature of Liberator?) Also, can you shed any light onto the *sob* Liberator Throe deficiency? Are all Liberator products slowly disappearing (i.e. do I need to buy them now or will they be here forever?)
05/23/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by DeliciousSurprise
I was afraid of that. That's disappointing, but not entirely surprising.

I've been procrastinating purchasing the Zep from work but I guess if we won't ever have them here...

Are you able to disclose why? (like, is it ...
No, we'll carry the same Lib products we always did. The zep and products you don't see here from Liberator are things Liberator chose not to include in our line up.
05/23/2012
T&A1987 T&A1987
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Psst...check this out - EdenPoints Program has changed!! But, we appreciate your suggestion and might consider it later down the line.
you leave the house for two minute and everything changes.
05/23/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Any chance we could get a WYSIWYG editor for reviews?

<<< These are my eyes after all the linking and hyperlinking for my latest review. The edit/draft view looks a little bit like the matrix.
05/23/2012
Ms. Summer Ms. Summer
05/24/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by T&A1987
you leave the house for two minute and everything changes.
Dontcha hate it when that happens? I hope you enjoy the changes.
05/24/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
Any chance we could get a WYSIWYG editor for reviews?

<<< These are my eyes after all the linking and hyperlinking for my latest review. The edit/draft view looks a little bit like the matrix.
I'll ask but it wouldn't be something that would be top priority at this time.
05/24/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
We never like to say "no" at Eden, but sometimes it's a necessity.

Ok here's what's going on around here:

- The mentor program needs some serious tweaking.
- The forums need some serious tweaking.

Those ...
Thanks Stormy! I appreciate the response and info!
05/24/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
I had an idea for the alerts. Im not sure how doable this is, but its just a thought.

When I get an email, it says "Someone has posted to "Eden Updates" thread or so on and so forth. Its always posts from everyone even if they didn't respond to something that I had said. I was wondering, maybe we could get that option? Its not that I don't care about what others are writing, but it would be nice to know when someone responds to one of my thread posts only.

Otherwise I get a TON of updates in my email LOL. Or maybe the updates could go to our Eden emails?
05/25/2012
MamaDivine MamaDivine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
We never like to say "no" at Eden, but sometimes it's a necessity.

Ok here's what's going on around here:

- The mentor program needs some serious tweaking.
- The forums need some serious tweaking.

Those ...
I had posted a comment about the forums on the other thread (god help me, now I can't find it again LOL). It was in response to somethng that Gary had mentioned about the "Spammy posts" from the Discussions tabs on the product pages? (I think thats where he was going with it anyways.)

My idea was that instead of having the "Start a Discussion" area on the product page, have something like "FAQ" link. That FAQ will send them to the forums, and make like a search for that particular product. This will 1.Help that person to see all the discussions on that product and 2. Inform them of the forums and let them see that there ARE forums here.

I think that if it goes straight to a search page of that product, the person can sift through the questions already asked (possibly get their answer and avoid them re-posting something that has already been asked or suggested) OR they can click on a "Can't find your answer here?Start a discussion" underneath or at the bottom of the page. This would probably cut back on a ton of spammy posts or "duplicates".

I know that when I was new, I had no idea how to access the forums or that there were forums (at first). So, when I had a question or thoughts about a product, then I would use the Start a Discussion feature on the product page. Im sure that everyone seen me as being spammy in the beginning because I was posting stuff everyone had already seen a bazillion times. But, had I known about the search feature and the forums, I would have been able to see that first, before posting something spammy.

Just a thought Hope this helps!
05/25/2012
tA tA
Just wondering - I submitted a ticket about this recently but I'd like to get it double-confirmed...

Are you guys lining up new stock for a more varied BDSM lineup? Like more 'hardcore' stuff, or a bigger selection of cuffs/whips/etc? I'm kind of biding my time to make any big purchases at this point because that's the #1 thing I want to buy from here, and it would be great if the other people who are interested could get a solid yes/no answer on it. :3
05/25/2012
mjtheprincess mjtheprincess
My idea is pretty simple, and yet totally useful. I just joined Eden a few days ago, and I find myself a little lost with all the different buttons and options. It would be so so useful to have an email sent out with the creation of the account with a brief navigational guide. If it wasn't for my current amount of free time, I would be discouraged by having to continuously click around to learn how things work in this little community. Building the community should be a priority, and to get new members involved quickly, it would be helpful to take them through everything to show them how it works. For example, set them automatically up with a mentor for help with their first review, show them where to post in discussions, and things like that! Just an idea as a brand new member!
05/25/2012
marshmallow marshmallow
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley


Hello everybody! Welcome to the Community Planning Thread! This is similar to our previous Community Planning Meetings, only instead of being limited to meeting twice a month, this thread will be available all month long for you to post in. ...
05/25/2012
Kindred Kindred
1. How about recognizing Rumble winning reviews, something like putting a small ribbon indicating that the review won a Rumble?

2. I mentioned this before, but I would love a database of what reviewers own what toys. When I'm looking at items, there's usually 2 or 3 that I'm interested in. It would be super helpful to be able to go to a list and see what reviewers own all of those items. Personally, I own way more toys than I have reviewed, so simply looking at reviews doesn't always help. It could be a simple system where reviewers add items to their own personal list, something like how favorites are added to our personal pages.
05/25/2012
DeliciousSurprise DeliciousSurprise
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
1. How about recognizing Rumble winning reviews, something like putting a small ribbon indicating that the review won a Rumble?

2. I mentioned this before, but I would love a database of what reviewers own what toys. When I'm looking at ...
aaaaaamazing idea!

I love the idea of a toy owner database.
05/25/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by tA
Just wondering - I submitted a ticket about this recently but I'd like to get it double-confirmed...

Are you guys lining up new stock for a more varied BDSM lineup? Like more 'hardcore' stuff, or a bigger selection of ...
A lot of the heavier BDSM items are special order situations and I just can't see us being able to bring those things in, you know?
05/25/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by MamaDivine
I had posted a comment about the forums on the other thread (god help me, now I can't find it again LOL). It was in response to somethng that Gary had mentioned about the "Spammy posts" from the Discussions tabs on the product pages? (I ...
It's been suggested before and nothing has come of it. I'm not sure if it's because of programming walls or what, but yeah. It's been discussed and it doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.
05/25/2012
Total posts: 106
Unique posters: 25