#EdenCooks - Fish Pie - Thursday, August 11th at 8pm EDT

Vaccinium Vaccinium
Eden Cooks is a cooking club for any interested members of the Eden community. We will meet on the forum to discuss everything from tips and pointers for less well-equipped kitchens, explanations of cooking terms, and important techniques. There will be a featured recipe each meeting, with pictures taken as I prepare it for you. I will cover some ingredient substitutions to make each recipe more friendly to people with dietary restrictions.

During tonight’s meeting, I’ll be sharing a recipe for fish pie that I created myself. I know fish pie sounds kind of strange on the surface, but it is a wonderful, easily made dish that can introduce many of your tastebuds to the great tastes of Caribbean cooking.

During the meeting, a $25 gift card will be awarded for the winner of a contest where you guess the lesser known kitchen implement from a series of photos that I take. Another will be given to the winner of a trivia contest from information that I will provide during the meeting.

There will also be a very important announcement that will be made during the meeting, so if you love cooking and EdenFantasys, I strongly suggest attending to read all about it.

The meeting will take place on the EdenFantasys forum in this very thread at 8 pm EST on Thursday, August 11th. I hope to see you there!
08/01/2011
  • Add More Pleasure to Your Collection! Buy 1 Vibe, Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
Eden Cooks is a cooking club for any interested members of the Eden community. We will meet on the forum to discuss everything from tips and pointers for less well-equipped kitchens, explanations of cooking terms, and important techniques. There will ... More
How long do the meetings usually last? I get out of work at 8 and usually get home around 8:20. Will I miss it?
08/07/2011
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Fish Pie?

I'm joking... somewhat.

"I know fish pie sounds kind of strange on the surface, but it is a wonderful, easily made dish that can introduce many of your tastebuds to the great tastes of Caribbean cooking."

It sounds very strange and not entirely appetizing, but I'll give anything a try once. Question for you though, isn't it a traditional English (British) recipe?
08/07/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by LikeSunshineDust
How long do the meetings usually last? I get out of work at 8 and usually get home around 8:20. Will I miss it?
If you're talking Eastern time I don't think so. You'll just be a little late
08/08/2011
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
Thanks. Maybe I'll catch the next one
08/08/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Bumping this up. I want to hear how this is made. I live at the lake so we have fish in abundance.
08/09/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
Fish Pie?

I'm joking... somewhat.

"I know fish pie sounds kind of strange on the surface, but it is a wonderful, easily made dish that can introduce many of your tastebuds to the great tastes of Caribbean ... More
You aren't helping.

As I have no idea what a traditional English recipe for fish pie might look like, I really couldn't say whether it would resemble it in any way. About the best way for me to describe its taste is that it is somewhat like crab cake. If you like crab cakes, chances are pretty good you'll like this. If not...well...show up anyway.
08/09/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
You all know you want to show up tonight to learn to make something that will allow to to stick your face in some fish pie.
08/11/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I'll be here
08/11/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
*bumping* I really want to know how this is made. Been thinking about it a few days and I LOVE crab cakes so I will be here!
08/11/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Fish Pie!!!! My husband said he will taste it but only if I make him lol!
08/11/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Thirty minutes to go!

And for you vegetarians and vegans out there, fish pie can easily be turned into a vegetarian or vegan dish. I'll be discussing that during the meeting, so don't shy away from the meeting simply because fish is the major ingredient.
08/11/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
I am not a fish fan, but I will be here and maybe you will convert me
08/11/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
I'll be here.
08/11/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I will be here! Just got back from getting my sister in law from the airport
08/11/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I will be here! Just got back from getting my sister in law from the airport
I like my inlaws better than my blood ones lol.
08/11/2011
Vanessa Weiss Vanessa Weiss
I'm not a huge fan of fish but caribbean food is interesting enough to make me want to tune in to find out how it's made!
08/11/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
I said that, now my father-in-law just walked in lol. Be back asap!
08/11/2011
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Sounds delish! Eagerly awaiting the recipe!
08/11/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
I said that, now my father-in-law just walked in lol. Be back asap!
Lol. I love my sister, and my sister in law. But my sister in law lives on the other side of the country so I don't get to see her very often. She's in town for a dance competition so I won't get to see her all weekend, but I'm trying to get her to come to Denny's tonight
08/11/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Whew! I got here just in the nick of time. I was preparing my family's meal too!
08/11/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
How is everyone this fine evening?
08/11/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
How is everyone this fine evening?
I'm not bad! I'm trying to find a Buddy Holly song on youtube from my cell phone so I have everything prepared to live out a Panda Cheese commercial tonight. We found a panda pillow pet that looks just like the panda in that commercial, and have a friend that loves the panda, so we're gonna try and make a scene to give him the panda lol.
08/11/2011
Vanessa Weiss Vanessa Weiss
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
Thirty minutes to go!

And for you vegetarians and vegans out there, fish pie can easily be turned into a vegetarian or vegan dish. I'll be discussing that during the meeting, so don't shy away from the meeting simply because fish is ... More
OMG, I am so there after reading this. I'm not veggie or vegan but I prefer veggie dishes.
08/11/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm not bad! I'm trying to find a Buddy Holly song on youtube from my cell phone so I have everything prepared to live out a Panda Cheese commercial tonight. We found a panda pillow pet that looks just like the panda in that commercial, and ... More
If you can't find one, you could always use Weezer's "Buddy Holly"
08/11/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
How is everyone this fine evening?
stressed, but whats new lol
08/11/2011
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm not bad! I'm trying to find a Buddy Holly song on youtube from my cell phone so I have everything prepared to live out a Panda Cheese commercial tonight. We found a panda pillow pet that looks just like the panda in that commercial, and ... More
Not a Buddy Holly song, but Weezer's "Buddy Holly" started playing in my head when I read your post. ^-^
08/11/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
If you can't find one, you could always use Weezer's "Buddy Holly"
I could, but the specific song would work so much better. I know it's easy to find on the computer, so I'm gonna email myself the link I think.
08/11/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanessa Weiss
OMG, I am so there after reading this. I'm not veggie or vegan but I prefer veggie dishes.
I understand. I'd like to make more veggie dishes, but my wife usually balks at it. Honestly, this pie is just as good whether you go the fish route or the veggie route.
08/11/2011
True Pleasures True Pleasures
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
How is everyone this fine evening?
Stilled wired from an energy drink. Let's get cookin'! Woo! lol
08/11/2011
Total posts: 248
Unique posters: 11