Yay new Multi-cooker I must show off!

Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
So the other day at work we were going through some Enamel coated 8QT Multi-cookers and 12QT stock pots we received strictly for the holiday season. Came across 2 damaged red ones and took them out of the system as we are supposed to. Generally our corporate wants us to try salvage or sell whatever we can from damaged goods. So we pieced together from both of the 8QT red enamel multi-cookers and were left with one with some light chipping on the exterior handle. Normally these sell for $30 but was slapped with a $10 sticker and put on clearance. Naturally I had to get this because it was a good deal and only $8 with my employee discount which is 20% off. So here is what I got for $8, I know it's a self-centered post but hey this is my first multi-cooker and I'm happy.

Besides the fact that it is red, this thing rocks, before this the largest pot I had was 6QT which didn't cut it for larger batches of soup. Steamed some vege's in it already and mmmmmmm they were good.



01/11/2012
  • Weekly Special; Buy 1 Vibe, get 1 FREE
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
That is very awesome!! Congrats! I love a good deal and that's a damn good deal!
01/11/2012
Pixel Pixel
Oooh. Looks like it would be a great pot for making gumbo! Nice score!
01/11/2012
Antipova Antipova
This looks incredible! I just have a steel stock pot, with no steaming/double boiling capabilities like you've just come into.

Show us what you make with it, this looks awesome!
01/11/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Oooh, that looks awesome!
01/11/2012
Holly Hox Holly Hox
Love this!
01/11/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Hehe glad ya like, pity I could get a bunch and send em out to people. So far I have only steamed some veges inside of it which isn't anything fancy really. Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower and some Corn, it had been awhile since I've had steamed veges so I forgot how much better they taste mmm.

I'll have to think of something to cook in there and show everyone. I make a pretty mean homemade chicken-n-dumplings, also make pretty good french onion soup. mmmmmmm

Ooooo I know what I need to make that I haven't had this winter season yet, chilli! Yum! Last time I made some using 93/7 ground turkey rather than beef, soooo much better in taste and less fatty.
01/12/2012
MeliPixie MeliPixie
*stares and drools*
01/12/2012
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Good buy!
01/12/2012
Gary A. Gary A.
oooo dats purdy
01/18/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Mike
Hehe glad ya like, pity I could get a bunch and send em out to people. So far I have only steamed some veges inside of it which isn't anything fancy really. Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower and some Corn, it had been awhile since I've had ... More
Really great buy! Even better than the $8.57 I've paid for a Lodge 6-qt enamel cast-iron dutch oven, after using a lot of discount coupons!

I LOVE French onion soup, YUM!
01/19/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Really great buy! Even better than the $8.57 I've paid for a Lodge 6-qt enamel cast-iron dutch oven, after using a lot of discount coupons!

I LOVE French onion soup, YUM!
ooo those dutch ovens are nice, also not cheap, except for in your case it was lol. I think they usually sell for around $70 now.
01/19/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Mike
ooo those dutch ovens are nice, also not cheap, except for in your case it was lol. I think they usually sell for around $70 now.
Yep, I was sooooo excited when I brought it home, AND it was the new model with the stainless steel knob.
01/19/2012
Kissy Kissy
Pretty color! Love it! Happy cooking!
01/20/2012
Gary A. Gary A.
Have you made anything in it yet?
01/24/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary A.
Have you made anything in it yet?
I have been really busy with work and other things. Also recently had a death in the family. I have made steamed veges and I think a large batch of soup. My next thing I would like to make is Chili mm.
01/24/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Mike
I have been really busy with work and other things. Also recently had a death in the family. I have made steamed veges and I think a large batch of soup. My next thing I would like to make is Chili mm.
My condolences.
01/24/2012
P'Gell P'Gell
I'm sorry for your loss.

About the stock pot/steamer, very nice! We have something similar, with a very deep perforated insert for pasta, boiled dumplings or things like lobster (you can remove the perforated pot from the big pot and it's deep enough to be submerged in water) plus a more shallow steamer. We love it. Before we only had steamers, and we eat a LOT of pasta so it's great.

Is yours deep enough to cook pasta in the perforated part? The nice thing is; you remove the pasta by taking out the perforated pot and leave the hot water in the pot. So if you need more pasta to cook you don't have to boil an entire pot of water all over.

I LOVE the color of yours. Good deal!
01/24/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I'm sorry for your loss.

About the stock pot/steamer, very nice! We have something similar, with a very deep perforated insert for pasta, boiled dumplings or things like lobster (you can remove the perforated pot from the big pot and ... More
Thank you. The pot is deep enough to cook pasta yes. The holes are small enough so that veges like peas, or elbow macaroni will not fall through. I've been wanting to make my yummy homemade spaghetti lately so I will have to try it out with the pasta I use. Thankfully I will be having a little time off work to be able to get some cooking going on.
01/24/2012
FemmeFlo FemmeFlo
Nice pot!
01/24/2012
hillys hillys
wow nice deal!
03/23/2012
Total posts: 21
Unique posters: 14