#EdenDIY - Club Meeting: Changing Your Oil. July 31th 3pm EST.

ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim


The number one thing you can do to prolong the life of your car or truck is to perform regular oil changes. Most people do not realize how important this maintenance item is. Over time things like stop and go driving, hot/cold temperature, dusty conditions and general wear of a motor all contribute to the oil breaking down. That is why it is vital that you have your oil changed on a regular basis. Besides, what would you rather do, pay $20-30 for an oil change or $3000-5000 for a new motor?

This month I’ll be showing you how to do this pretty simple maintenance item along with some other things to check while you are at it. Sure, there are some tools and equipment you might need to buy beforehand but when you consider the money saved over the life of your car, this expense is minimal. (plus these tools are used for other things, not just changing your oil)

As always, everyone is invited to join me as we get our hands dirty in this month’s meeting.
07/17/2012
  • Save 60% on Spooktacular Kits  - 3 item set
  • Wicked Treats - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Eden leather blindfold
    • Flaming amour silicone pearl bunny
    • Eden's glass ben wa balls
    Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Ghost Bride - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Casper
    • Leather strap rider
    • Simple Clamps
    Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Black Magic - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    • Eden Beaded Clamps
    • Heart Silicone Beads
    • Onyx
    Black Magic - Save 60% on 3 Item Set

    Expires on Oct, 31 at 3am ET Terms

  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Cool topic!

07/17/2012
meitman meitman
I've been doing this for a while, but I'll still check it out. Never know when you'll learn something new.
07/17/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Cool topic!

Hope to see ya BBW.
07/18/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by meitman
I've been doing this for a while, but I'll still check it out. Never know when you'll learn something new.
Right. I had thought of making a poll to see how many folks changed their own oil just to see.

Be glad to see ya here.
07/18/2012
jjesssica jjesssica
I hope I don't get the time wrong! Because when it is 9pm here, its 12AM for EF. D:
07/18/2012
jjesssica jjesssica
This is a great topic Tim! My family usually spends about 50-75 dollars on oil changes!
07/18/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by jjesssica
I hope I don't get the time wrong! Because when it is 9pm here, its 12AM for EF. D:
The whole time deal drives me nuts. I have my parents in Colorado and my brother in Alaska and I always get the time mixed up.
07/18/2012
milfstatus milfstatus
07/18/2012
Melan!e Melan!e
Sounds like fun!! I'm marking it in my calendar right now
07/18/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Melan!e
Sounds like fun!! I'm marking it in my calendar right now
Well, getting lubricant all over should be fun, eh?
07/18/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim


The number one thing you can do to prolong the life of your car or truck is to perform regular oil changes. Most people do not realize how important this maintenance item is. Over time things like stop and go driving, hot/cold temperature, ... More
INSPIRED! Will you be showing how to change your oil while remaining super sexy? Then again what is sexier than a partner in coveralls and dirty from being useful? My guys say nothing is sexier than a woman who works on cars...
07/18/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
INSPIRED! Will you be showing how to change your oil while remaining super sexy? Then again what is sexier than a partner in coveralls and dirty from being useful? My guys say nothing is sexier than a woman who works on cars...
I would whole hardily agree with that statement! The few times the wife has helped me with wrenching we did not get much done, at least on the car.

Sadly, no. You will only see my hands, but if strong calloused hands is sexy to you then yes I will.
07/18/2012
sexyfun sexyfun
Very cool, looking forward to this one
07/18/2012
Owl Owl
I'm busy that day, but I will try to remember to check in I know my car is getting close to needing one!
07/18/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Nice sexyfun, glad to hear it!

No worries Owl, it will be here for ya and as always feel free to ask any questions.
07/18/2012
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
HAHA nice topic. Thankfully, I can do this already
07/18/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
HAHA nice topic. Thankfully, I can do this already
I don't believe it, pictures or it does not happen.
07/19/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
INSPIRED! Will you be showing how to change your oil while remaining super sexy? Then again what is sexier than a partner in coveralls and dirty from being useful? My guys say nothing is sexier than a woman who works on cars...
My husband says the same thing

I'm glad to see such an awesome DIY project, Tim!
07/19/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
My husband says the same thing

I'm glad to see such an awesome DIY project, Tim!
Well Sam, when a partner shares in something like this it should be expected we would get aroused, eh?
07/20/2012
KyotoAngel KyotoAngel
I don't drive but I'm thinking of turning this EdenDIY into a PDF for when I finally take the leap and get a car. xD
07/20/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by KyotoAngel
I don't drive but I'm thinking of turning this EdenDIY into a PDF for when I finally take the leap and get a car. xD
I'll be happy to send you the word doc and link to the pictures after the meeting if that will help.
07/21/2012
KyotoAngel KyotoAngel
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I'll be happy to send you the word doc and link to the pictures after the meeting if that will help.
That would be fantastic, but if it's any trouble I can just as easily use the "CutePDF" program I have to turn it into a PDF myself.
^_^
...actually that reminds me, I have to find that program to make animated Windows cursors again. Sorta got removed when the last comp crashed. @_@
07/21/2012
spineyogurt spineyogurt
Awesome idea
07/21/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by KyotoAngel
That would be fantastic, but if it's any trouble I can just as easily use the "CutePDF" program I have to turn it into a PDF myself.
^_^
...actually that reminds me, I have to find that program to make animated Windows cursors ... More
Np trouble at all, just shoot me an email. dwtims@gmail.com Mention DIY
07/21/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
bump, why? Cuz I can.
07/22/2012
jfuz jfuz
Interesting!
07/23/2012
macho99 macho99
Would we need an alligator jack?
07/23/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by macho99
Would we need an alligator jack?
Depends on what kind of car or truck you have, most will get by with a floor jack. An alligator is handy though.
07/24/2012
Lover154561 Lover154561
Hmmmm
07/24/2012
Total posts: 376
Unique posters: 32