Eden Flicks Meeting--Sphere Discussion, Tuesday, October 4 at 8 PM EDT

Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I liked Event Horizon better because to me it was more of a mind fuck. Also, it has Sam Neil.
HAHAH YES!! I love Sam Neil.
10/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
HAHAH YES!! I love Sam Neil.
I also love him in Jurassic Park
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Welcome to the October meeting of Eden Flicks! How's everyone doing tonight??
10/04/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
hmmm.. just looked it up. dont think i saw that one. so incredibly similar to Sphere though! who was the copycat?
10/04/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I just kinda love Adele
no she's totally amazing. im just a marshmallow. (too soft!)
10/04/2011
JessCee JessCee
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Welcome to the October meeting of Eden Flicks! How's everyone doing tonight??
Awesome, just finished the movie How are you?
10/04/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
hmmm.. just looked it up. dont think i saw that one. so incredibly similar to Sphere though! who was the copycat?
Event horizon came out first. But sphere was a book first.
10/04/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
ima doin okay. cold in the office and seepy but its a quiet night, as per usual.

i second jessCee.. how is you?
10/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Welcome to the October meeting of Eden Flicks! How's everyone doing tonight??
I'm hungry. And a little bummed that today would have been great motorcycle weather but we just put it away for the winter, and I've started getting into running and the chiropractor has asked me to stop for the time being while we figure out why it hurts my hip so much.
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by JessCee
Awesome, just finished the movie How are you?
I haven't finished the movie. I totally fell asleep in the first 10 minutes and then kiddo got home from school, had to cook dinner... *sigh*
10/04/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm hungry. And a little bummed that today would have been great motorcycle weather but we just put it away for the winter, and I've started getting into running and the chiropractor has asked me to stop for the time being while we figure ... More
yikes! that sucks. im sorry! hope you get that figured out soon.
10/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
no she's totally amazing. im just a marshmallow. (too soft!)
I... kinda don't like her voice much. At least right now. I'm sure she'll grow on me eventually, but for now I don't wanna listen lol.
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm hungry. And a little bummed that today would have been great motorcycle weather but we just put it away for the winter, and I've started getting into running and the chiropractor has asked me to stop for the time being while we figure ... More
I have leftover lasagna, I'm only a few (5) hours away.
10/04/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I haven't finished the movie. I totally fell asleep in the first 10 minutes and then kiddo got home from school, had to cook dinner... *sigh*
its okay, you can make up what you THINK happened.
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm hungry. And a little bummed that today would have been great motorcycle weather but we just put it away for the winter, and I've started getting into running and the chiropractor has asked me to stop for the time being while we figure ... More
guess that cancels out roller derby, eh?
10/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
yikes! that sucks. im sorry! hope you get that figured out soon.
Me too! I finally started to enjoy running, and even though it's just jogging for now, it's more than I used to be able to do and I'm liking it.
10/04/2011
JessCee JessCee
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I haven't finished the movie. I totally fell asleep in the first 10 minutes and then kiddo got home from school, had to cook dinner... *sigh*
LOL i started it 3 days ago and I just finished it
10/04/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
So the guy who wrote jurassic park wrote this. Just so you guys know. I love Michael Crichton.
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
its okay, you can make up what you THINK happened.
you guys can totally spoil the ending. I'll finish it after I watch Glee later.
10/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I have leftover lasagna, I'm only a few (5) hours away.
Haha, that sounds yummy!

And the roller derby may happen one day!
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by JessCee
LOL i started it 3 days ago and I just finished it
joys of mom-dom
10/04/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
you guys can totally spoil the ending. I'll finish it after I watch Glee later.
You havent seen this yet? I expected more from you movie soul mate! I seen this is theaters and own the dvd, COME ON!
10/04/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
for me dustin hoffman saved this movie. he's pretty likeable as a character, and a great actor.


i personally am not one for the in -between movies. i like documentaries where everything is fact (or factish) and must be incredibly believable, or fairy tales... this was neither mildly believable, not simply because of the alien/monster theme, but the way they went about it.. sigh. i just think I coulda done better!

sometimes you have to really do your homework and make sure not to leave out tiny details which might have people going... well how much sense did THAT make?


for example, how the team decided to split up once they got into the craft the first time, having only 30 minutes of air supply. with something this big, wouldnt they have planned out the exploration of this thing before hand?
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
You havent seen this yet? I expected more from you movie soul mate! I seen this is theaters and own the dvd, COME ON!
I didn't get into sci-fi until later in life.
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
You havent seen this yet? I expected more from you movie soul mate! I seen this is theaters and own the dvd, COME ON!
dammit
10/04/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
for me dustin hoffman saved this movie. he's pretty likeable as a character, and a great actor.


i personally am not one for the in -between movies. i like documentaries where everything is fact (or factish) and must be incredibly ... More
I think a lot of what happened was because they never expected to be in the situation in the first place. They are a team based on a hypothetical what if. So I think a lot of what happened was just in panic.
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
for me dustin hoffman saved this movie. he's pretty likeable as a character, and a great actor.


i personally am not one for the in -between movies. i like documentaries where everything is fact (or factish) and must be incredibly ... More
And Samuel. Anything with Sammy in it, at the VERY LEAST, can be redeemed by the sheer fact that Sammy is in it. He has the best delivery
10/04/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
I didn't get into sci-fi until later in life.
I think thats for most people. Im kind of an anomaly. I was so heavily raised on it and everyone is always like I cant believe your parents let you watch that. My parents forced me to watch the stuff hahaha! And I grew up normal.
10/04/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
I think a lot of what happened was because they never expected to be in the situation in the first place. They are a team based on a hypothetical what if. So I think a lot of what happened was just in panic.
I'm just past Samuel waking up
10/04/2011
JessCee JessCee
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
I think a lot of what happened was because they never expected to be in the situation in the first place. They are a team based on a hypothetical what if. So I think a lot of what happened was just in panic.
This was my thought exactly!
10/04/2011
Total posts: 214
Unique posters: 8