Eden Kink - Duct Tape Flogger DIY May 18, 2011 8 PM EST

  • Christmas shipping schedule

Eden Kink - Duct Tape Flogger DIY May 18, 2011 8 PM EST

sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
Test

Ooooooohhhhhh!!!!
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
And it's time! Welcome to the May discussion and DIY event for Eden Kink everyone!
05/18/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
And it's time! Welcome to the May discussion and DIY event for Eden Kink everyone!
Hi! *waves*
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
Hi! *waves*
Hi there! Did you find some duct tape in your garage?
05/18/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
Hi there! Did you find some duct tape in your garage?
I did, I did! Had to dig to find it. Thats the one room that I don't clean, his space lol.
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
I did, I did! Had to dig to find it. Thats the one room that I don't clean, his space lol.
Lol I hear ya!
05/18/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I'm here! Didn't have time to get any duct tape, but I figure this'll be here for a while and I can always try to make it later on
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm here! Didn't have time to get any duct tape, but I figure this'll be here for a while and I can always try to make it later on
Absolutely! These instructions aren't going anywhere any time soon!
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
I'm going to go ahead and start posting the instructions in bold with photos of each step for those who are here so that I don't run over an hour. I want to have time for the discussion portion of this before the end of the meeting at 9.
05/18/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Hey yall! I'm here! I didn't get any of the supplies b/c of lack of funds/transportation/t ime, but I also learn better if I absorb stuff like this first and refer back to it later as I attempt to do it, so it works out just fine for me Hope everyone's having a great evening and all that jazz!
05/18/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
My hubby made a flogger with the really long thin zip-ties...Ouch. Very effective!
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
STEP ONE: We're going to start with making the falls. First, measure out how long you want your falls to be. A good length is between 18 to 22" so that the flogger isn't too short when in use. I used a guide strip of duct tape so that I didn't have to keep using a ruler and it proved to be a bit easier. Decide how many falls you want your flogger to have. For a flogger that is heavier and "thuddy," I'd suggest about twenty to thirty falls. If you want a light flogger, ten to fifteen falls should do.

05/18/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
Hey yall! I'm here! I didn't get any of the supplies b/c of lack of funds/transportation/t ime, but I also learn better if I absorb stuff like this first and refer back to it later as I attempt to do it, so it works out just fine for me Hope ...
Hi Kake!
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
My hubby made a flogger with the really long thin zip-ties...Ouch. Very effective!
Yikes, that sounds painful!
05/18/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Also, brb, I swear my stomach acid is eating the lining of my stomach, it's so empty. MUST. GET. FOOD. NOW. lol.
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
Hey yall! I'm here! I didn't get any of the supplies b/c of lack of funds/transportation/t ime, but I also learn better if I absorb stuff like this first and refer back to it later as I attempt to do it, so it works out just fine for me Hope ...
It's all good! This thread will be here for a while when you do have the means to make one yourself
05/18/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
Yikes, that sounds painful!
In a good way! He used the thin ones so they arent unbearable.
05/18/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
STEP ONE: We're going to start with making the falls. First, measure out how long you want your falls to be. A good length is between 18 to 22" so that the flogger isn't too short when in use. I used a guide strip of duct tape so that ...
What are you wrapping in the duct tape?
05/18/2011
Antipova Antipova
Looks good so far. So if we want our falls to be 20", we measure exactly only 20"? Not 40" expecting to wrap it in half.
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
STEP TWO: Once you've measured out the tape for the flogger fall, measuring one piece of tape at a time to avoid the stray pieces getting stuck to anything, take the piece of tape and lay it flat with the sticky side up. Slowly, and carefully, fold over half of the piece of tape. Make sure you fold the pieces of tape long ways otherwise your falls are not going to come out properly. Once you've folded one side of the tape to the middle of the sticky portion, fold the other side of the tape over to complete the fall. Repeat this process for each fall. It's a bit tricky to get the falls perfectly straight, so don't worry if they're a bit crooked.

05/18/2011
lunapixie lunapixie
This seems like a very interesting project.
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
What are you wrapping in the duct tape?
The falls are made out of individual pieces of folded duct tape. The flogger handle is the only thing that's going to end up being wrapped in duct tape.
05/18/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
STEP TWO: Once you've measured out the tape for the flogger fall, measuring one piece of tape at a time to avoid the stray pieces getting stuck to anything, take the piece of tape and lay it flat with the sticky side up. Slowly, and carefully, ...
Ok I see what you're doing now lol. I was wondering how this would work...
05/18/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
The falls are made out of individual pieces of folded duct tape. The flogger handle is the only thing that's going to end up being wrapped in duct tape.
Ok, so the duct tape was just resting on something else then, got it, lol.
05/18/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
The falls are made out of individual pieces of folded duct tape. The flogger handle is the only thing that's going to end up being wrapped in duct tape.
That totally made sense as soon as I saw step 2. Thanks!
05/18/2011
Ellasbeth Ellasbeth
This is totally awesome... I'm so glad I joined this site!
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Looks good so far. So if we want our falls to be 20", we measure exactly only 20"? Not 40" expecting to wrap it in half.
Measure at 20, or 21 for a bit of extra length in case the other falls aren't measured exactly at 20". Since you're folding the pieces long ways, you won't have to double the measurements.
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Ok, so the duct tape was just resting on something else then, got it, lol.
I used a piece of tape on a poster board as a guide since I craft in my bed
05/18/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by Ellasbeth
This is totally awesome... I'm so glad I joined this site!
Hi! Its great right?!
05/18/2011
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
During this lull I want to ask how many of you use floggers or are curious about using them? If so, have you read up on any kind of safety measures to take when using them?
05/18/2011
Total posts: 188
Unique posters: 19