Wouldn't it be cool if EF had an exercise club?

ToyGurl ToyGurl
I know we have Eden Lives Healthy but an exercise club would be so cool. Like we could all track how much we've exercised during the week and maybe do a gift card or something at the end of the month? Nothing big but maybe $15 or so?

I think it would be really cool and motivational. I know I need to get my ass off of my desk chair and get outside and running again!
09/23/2011
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Weekly Special: Save 40% on Rabbit Vibrators and G-spot Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Wildchild Wildchild
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
I know we have Eden Lives Healthy but an exercise club would be so cool. Like we could all track how much we've exercised during the week and maybe do a gift card or something at the end of the month? Nothing big but maybe $15 or so?

I ... More
Sounds like a really good, healthy and green activity.
09/23/2011
mandiegk mandiegk
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGurl
I know we have Eden Lives Healthy but an exercise club would be so cool. Like we could all track how much we've exercised during the week and maybe do a gift card or something at the end of the month? Nothing big but maybe $15 or so?

I ... More
This is a great idea. I'm pretty good at working out on Mondays and sometimes Tuesday, but by Wednesday I lose all motivation. I definitely need something to keep me going throughout the week.
09/23/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
It's from last month, but somebody did start a thread to help us keep track of our exercising. I think it's great to help keep each other motivated, but I'd like to do it without gift cards to avoid turning anything into a competition.
09/23/2011
mandiegk mandiegk
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
It's from last month, but somebody did start a thread to help us keep track of our exercising. I think it's great to help keep each other motivated, but I'd like to do it without gift cards to avoid turning anything into a competition. ... More
This made me laugh, because turning it into a competition is what I liked the best about this idea. I'm insanely competitive and I know that if I turned working out into a competition it would motivate me to keep up with my workout. I already have my boyfriend keeping track of my workouts and it still isn't helping. It wouldn't even need to be a gift card to motivate me - just being named best exerciser for the month would motivate me.
09/23/2011
LaLaLouise LaLaLouise
Quote:
Originally posted by mandiegk
This made me laugh, because turning it into a competition is what I liked the best about this idea. I'm insanely competitive and I know that if I turned working out into a competition it would motivate me to keep up with my workout. I already ... More
"best exerciser for the month"? Hehehe if we do this, that HAS to be the official title the winner is given!!
09/23/2011
potstickers potstickers
I'm not sure having a competition would work anyway. It would be completely self-reported. I typically bike over 5 miles a day, and who's to say that someone might just put that they biked for 50 miles and ran 20... every day of the month.
09/23/2011
LaLaLouise LaLaLouise
Yeah, that's one of the down sides of having a contest online. But, I don't know about you guys, but I personally would trust everyone hear to be honest. Especially if there's no gift card or other actual "prize" other than recognition and bragging rights. I can tell you right now I would participate to keep myself motivated, but I would not win. I do Zumba once or twice a week and get some pretty good toning from my belly dancing class, but I rarely work out at home. I would just participate for the fun and motivation of it!
09/23/2011
potstickers potstickers
Quote:
Originally posted by LaLaLouise
Yeah, that's one of the down sides of having a contest online. But, I don't know about you guys, but I personally would trust everyone hear to be honest. Especially if there's no gift card or other actual "prize" other than ... More
As long as there were no gift cards, there would probably be no problem. I don't trust everyone here, especially nowadays with all the point farmers.
09/23/2011
mandiegk mandiegk
Quote:
Originally posted by potstickers
I'm not sure having a competition would work anyway. It would be completely self-reported. I typically bike over 5 miles a day, and who's to say that someone might just put that they biked for 50 miles and ran 20... every day of the month.
I thought about this too. I was also thinking that it might be the same people winning every month because a lot of people have time contraints or physical limitations. So my suggestion is that each month the title of best exerciser could be awarded in different categories - most improved, most consistent, most miles running, most miles biking, total miles, total hours, etc. - and the person in charge of the club could keep the category for the month secret until it is time to pick a winner. This way it prevents cheating and everyone who participates has a legitimate chance to be best exciser for the month.
09/23/2011
ToyGurl ToyGurl
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
It's from last month, but somebody did start a thread to help us keep track of our exercising. I think it's great to help keep each other motivated, but I'd like to do it without gift cards to avoid turning anything into a competition. ... More
That's very true actually.
09/27/2011
zwee75 zwee75
I love this idea. We could still be competitive even if it didn't include a gift card. I mean... bragging rights!
12/29/2011
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 7