Choose the next Eden Photographers critiquing theme!

Vaccinium Vaccinium
I want some input from everyone here on what the June-July photo critiquing theme should be. Although I could continue to come up with ideas, I figured it would be more fun for all of you to choose which theme you like best. Hopefully it will spur more people to join in on the critiquing process and get people thinking creatively. So, without further ado...
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Lines (vertical, diagonal, etc.)
Jul!a , slynch , GONE!
3
Water (in any of its forms)
Jul!a , Sammi , Reyes , cherryredhead88 , Dusk , Lio , Rayne Millaray , Antipova , Mika R. , ToyGurl , Waterfall , Howells , thaterry , Eucaly , Kdlips , zz1aag , duff , Loriandhubby , james18 , Diabolical Kitty , mutewolf , allinonekid , SJ88 , catsin
24
Green (to celebrate the end of winter blah)
Jul!a , Reyes , slynch , Smitty , Airen Wolf , daniel and frances , BeautifulDarkness , FruityCloudPuff , GONE! , SilverMinxxx
10
Simplicity (stripping your image down to its most basic elements)
cherryredhead88 , Carrie Ann , Airen Wolf , jroho , mutewolf , xxxdiannaooo , humblepie , Geogeo
8
Reflections (off of any reflective surface)
Jul!a , Sammi , Reyes , DeliciousSurprise , DJBounder , Dusk , Lio , His Little Monster , JessCee , Jewlickah , Mistress Dragon
11
Patriotism (the U.S. and Canada have some patriotic holidays coming up)
Other (if nothing else, "other" votes can be placed into next month's list of theme choices)
aliceinthehole
1
Total votes: 57 (44 voters)
Poll is closed
06/13/2011
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jul!a Jul!a
Hrm, I'm honestly cool with all of these. But I think I'll have to go with reflections as my top pick, because of my love for taking photographs in reflections.
06/13/2011
Sammi Sammi
I think Reflections and Water would be good ones
06/13/2011
cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
I can't wait to join this stuff! I hope I am up to it when it comes, I have been feeling realy crappy lately
06/13/2011
Rayne Millaray Rayne Millaray
If we do water, I can participate! I've got photos of waterfalls and streams coming out my ears.
06/15/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
So, I said this on Facebook and I'll say it here. I am going to swear off sex until there are at least 30 votes in this poll. And did I mention that today is my 15th wedding anniversary? You aren't going to make me not have sex on my anniversary, are you? None of you are that cruel, right?
06/15/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
So, I said this on Facebook and I'll say it here. I am going to swear off sex until there are at least 30 votes in this poll. And did I mention that today is my 15th wedding anniversary? You aren't going to make me not have sex on my ... More
You could get yourself up to 29 if you voted
06/15/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
You could get yourself up to 29 if you voted
That's cheating.
06/15/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
That's cheating.
I Tweetered it, you only need 4 votes now. I'm not sure if the two are related, but I'll happily take the credit for that.
06/15/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I Tweetered it, you only need 4 votes now. I'm not sure if the two are related, but I'll happily take the credit for that.
Thanks! Getting to 30 votes will be the easy part. Convincing my wife to have sex will be the difficult part of this.
06/15/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
Thanks! Getting to 30 votes will be the easy part. Convincing my wife to have sex will be the difficult part of this.
What about making it more about the romance and hoping it leads to sex?
06/15/2011
Waterfall Waterfall
These are all interesting themes. I really like water though, I think there would be some beautiful pictures
06/15/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
What about making it more about the romance and hoping it leads to sex?
Considering I'm going into this evening with no expectations, it's fair to say that is my plan.
06/15/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
Considering I'm going into this evening with no expectations, it's fair to say that is my plan.
That's good, I know I'm much more likely to put out if he doesn't come home expecting it lol. I hope your night goes fantastical either way, and happy anniversary!!
06/15/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
That's good, I know I'm much more likely to put out if he doesn't come home expecting it lol. I hope your night goes fantastical either way, and happy anniversary!!
Thanks. It'll be a good night regardless. We're going away for the weekend somewhere too, which I imagine will be fun. I don't actually know where we're going - my wife won't tell me.

And 31 votes! Yay!
06/15/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
Thanks. It'll be a good night regardless. We're going away for the weekend somewhere too, which I imagine will be fun. I don't actually know where we're going - my wife won't tell me.

And 31 votes! Yay!
You'll have to tell us all about it on Monday, I love weekend trips like that.

And yay 31 votes!
06/15/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
i enjoy the idea of conceptual themes rather than more strict, visual themes. the visual themes are good for photography class, but for juried photography exhibits and contests, and even for (IMHO) a deeper exploration of the subject, a conceptual theme would better serve.


what about love?

or innocence?

a theme of tranquility, depression, revolution, unity, discovery, healing, or power might stir up even MORE creative thinking.


my 2 cents. (again, from the kid who went to art school to study photography. granted, my cameras are all dusty and lonely and i hope this club helps me open back up again! digital just doesnt do it for me. gotta get the motivation to develop film again!)


06/23/2011
Kdlips Kdlips
Water is nice
06/30/2011
Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
I just love all of the options. I have been working on reflections and also water. Water had the most votes so I went with that one. But I would love to know more about the simplicity. Could we talk about this subject some how some where on the forums or via messages?
Thank you very much.
Lori and Richard
02/21/2012
xxxdiannaooo xxxdiannaooo
Quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
I think Reflections and Water would be good ones
agree!
03/01/2012
SilverMinxxx SilverMinxxx
Green because it's spring! I think water would be good for summertime.
04/28/2012
Geogeo Geogeo
I love simplicity in all its forms.
04/28/2012
Total posts: 22
Unique posters: 12