What should be the discussion topic for the November 2011 Eden Photographers meeting?

Vaccinium Vaccinium
Although things were so busy with me last month that I was unable to ask your opinion on what topic to discuss at our October meeting, I'd like to get back to doing that. As such, I'm going to let all of you choose the meeting topic again from the list below. Happy selecting!
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Framing your image
Antipova , Jul!a , Beck
3  (50%)
Using lines in composing your photo
Cropping photos
Focusing
macho99
1  (17%)
Long exposures
Other (if for no other reason than it can be included in next month's poll)
Starkiller87 , Ivy Wilde
2  (33%)
Total votes: 6
Poll is closed
11/04/2011
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $60 only
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 70% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 50% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 40% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 25% Clearance
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Something I still have trouble with after all these years sometimes. Photographing shiny objects without too much reflection and without ruining the composition of it.
11/04/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Something I still have trouble with after all these years sometimes. Photographing shiny objects without too much reflection and without ruining the composition of it.
I suppose I could to a tutorial on that, but honestly about 75% of it would be: "use a circular polarizer filter." The other 25% would be "use diffuse lighting."
11/05/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Inspired by the above question and answer. What are the different kinds of filters, etc... used in photography, and what do they do?
11/06/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
BTW, has there been an announcement about which photos were chosen for the calendar and what happens next?
11/06/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
BTW, has there been an announcement about which photos were chosen for the calendar and what happens next?
The ones with the most votes are the winners and the calendar is getting put together right now.
11/06/2011
Antipova Antipova
I'd like to see something about framing a shot, perhaps specifically with human subjects? But I'll be interested to learn just about anything.
11/06/2011
macho99 macho99
I have a Sony Nex 5 and even on auto focus my shots are not focused. haha shaky hands?
11/08/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Quote:
Originally posted by macho99
I have a Sony Nex 5 and even on auto focus my shots are not focused. haha shaky hands?
It's possible, depending on the shutter speed you choose (no slower than 1/60th of a second while handheld if you do not have image stabilization enabled on your camera and no slower than about 1/8 of a second if it is enabled). It could also be that the autofocus is out of whack on your camera (i.e., what you see through the viewfinder isn't what the camera's sensor is seeing.)
11/08/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
Bumping in a selfish attempt to get more votes.
11/09/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
This will probably be the last time I bump this, folks. Please vote if you are interested.
11/12/2011
Total posts: 11
Unique posters: 5