Considering starting a blog. Any tips?

Winifred Winifred
I've been seriously considering starting a blog based around my sex toy reviews, but I'm not really experienced when it comes to blogging. I already write reviews here on the site though so I figured I could just start writing reviews on a blog and talk about my experiences. I'm really not sure where to start though. Any suggestions from those of you who have been blogging for a while?
12/28/2012
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
- Kira - - Kira -
If you plan to do it for a while, do self hosting. It's a pain to switch over so you might as well start out where you hope to be.

Post often at first. You don't need to do every day, but as often as you can. If you're only updating twice a month it'll be hard to gain readers.

Learn about SEO and how it works. That's one of the big factors in being successful.

Social networking helps for promotion as well as making friends who also blog.
12/28/2012
Beck Beck
Keeping up with weekly Memes really help with viewers. If you want some information about these...message me. I'll fill you in.

Also, check out other blogs and see what they do.
12/28/2012
Winifred Winifred
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
If you plan to do it for a while, do self hosting. It's a pain to switch over so you might as well start out where you hope to be.

Post often at first. You don't need to do every day, but as often as you can. If you're only ... More
I'm not sure how long I'll be doing it. I honestly just want to try it out first and see how I like it, but I know I won't have a problem posting. I really enjoy writing in general and writing reviews. What does SEO mean?
12/28/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by Winifred
I'm not sure how long I'll be doing it. I honestly just want to try it out first and see how I like it, but I know I won't have a problem posting. I really enjoy writing in general and writing reviews. What does SEO mean?
Search Engine Optimization. It's what gets you in Google and Yahoo and stuff.
12/28/2012
kadelette kadelette
Don't forget about Google Adsense (or other ad revenue programs)! I've heard people make a decent chunk of change ($15-70 a month) just by having one or two tiny ads on their sites.
12/28/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by kadelette
Don't forget about Google Adsense (or other ad revenue programs)! I've heard people make a decent chunk of change ($15-70 a month) just by having one or two tiny ads on their sites.
As far as I know, the popular ones won't allow "adult" blogs to advertise their stuff.
12/28/2012
Jenn (aka kissmykitty) Jenn (aka kissmykitty)
Blogger and WordPress are great as far as "testing the waters" in the blogging world goes, but if you get serious about blogging, and/or would like to work with advertisers/companies down the line, you'll definitely want to get your own domain (com/net/org domains are around $10 per year; hosting for a domain can run you as little as $5/month).

Post regularly, and comment regularly on other blogs so you can discover new blogs, and let them discover you.
01/03/2013
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
As far as I know, the popular ones won't allow "adult" blogs to advertise their stuff.
This is correct. Google AdSense will block adult content sites.
01/03/2013
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 5