#EdenLit - Club Meeting - December 04, 2012

Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
It did. They watched them because they hated them. They were enemies and then there was a treaty with the Cullens.

Uh, I mean I have never read that crappy series. Not ever. Not me.
ROFL The truth has come out at last....-.- you read the series! I tried to read it, I really did but I found the conclusions she reached tedious. The teenage angst was stagey and almost pointless. I got bored.
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
ROFL The truth has come out at last....-.- you read the series! I tried to read it, I really did but I found the conclusions she reached tedious. The teenage angst was stagey and almost pointless. I got bored.
OK, I admit it. I'm a sucker for vampire stories. I'm a sucker for damsel in distress stories. And this had both. I'll just hang my head in shame now.
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
I read one page and tossed it across the room. I couldn't even get past that.
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I read one page and tossed it across the room. I couldn't even get past that.
I would love to see a similar story, but more adult.
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
I LOVE the Anita Blake Series though. I love how the character grow, stretch, get powerful beyond powerful, and then completely fuck up their lives with stupid trivialities. The sex is hot but not the focus which is odd since the main character evolves into a complete succubus. I also love that the author unashamedly tells people that she loves to write about sex and mayhem and if they don't like it they are free to boycott her books!
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
I'm still trying to decide if 50 Shades is worth a look or not.
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
OK, I admit it. I'm a sucker for vampire stories. I'm a sucker for damsel in distress stories. And this had both. I'll just hang my head in shame now.
~pats head It's ok we all have our moments of weakness. I can't really talk since I LOVE Barbara Cartland novels...and I own a whole book case shelf full of them. They are like little pieces of candy fluff so sweet and good.
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
I'm still trying to decide if 50 Shades is worth a look or not.
OMG NO! It is tripe and not the good tasty tripe of high priced restaurants! It is fucking terrible writing with predictable and 1 dimensional characters. I cannot get into chapter 3...I'm just glad i didn't spend money on it.
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
~pats head It's ok we all have our moments of weakness. I can't really talk since I LOVE Barbara Cartland novels...and I own a whole book case shelf full of them. They are like little pieces of candy fluff so sweet and good.
*mumbles and kicks the dirt* I love V.C. Andrews novels, especially the Landry series.
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
*mumbles and kicks the dirt* I love V.C. Andrews novels, especially the Landry series.
You are no longer allowed to judge me on Twilight.
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
OMG NO! It is tripe and not the good tasty tripe of high priced restaurants! It is fucking terrible writing with predictable and 1 dimensional characters. I cannot get into chapter 3...I'm just glad i didn't spend money on it.
LOL, yeah, I was wondering if it was worth reading just to say I read it. I guess not! That's the problem with erotica. So much is just crap. Give me hot sex and a good story.
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
You are no longer allowed to judge me on Twilight.
HA!
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
*mumbles and kicks the dirt* I love V.C. Andrews novels, especially the Landry series.
Ok damnit all I admit I have read them all too...I KNOW that they are obsessive, and repetitive and all but but but....
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Ok damnit all I admit I have read them all too...I KNOW that they are obsessive, and repetitive and all but but but....
Yep...the only ones I didn't read were the ones released in the middle to late 90's about the teen girls.
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Oh, I know! I would totally rewrite the ending to LOTR. I don't know what, but something was missing.
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
Oh, I know! I would totally rewrite the ending to LOTR. I don't know what, but something was missing.
I'd condense that sucker so hard, like the way Randall did in Clerks II. hahaha God I love that movie!
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
I am not going to have any assigned topic this month...and I'd like to continue the story start from this month. Speaking of which did we award Sneakers her 1,000 points for the story start?
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I'd condense that sucker so hard, like the way Randall did in Clerks II. hahaha God I love that movie!
OK, I'm very ashamed to say it because I love the concept of Middle Earth and loved the core story of the books, but eventually I was like, "Geez, are we STILL there talking about several hundred years of history in a place that we're just passing through?"
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
I am not going to have any assigned topic this month...and I'd like to continue the story start from this month. Speaking of which did we award Sneakers her 1,000 points for the story start?
Probably not...
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
OK, I'm very ashamed to say it because I love the concept of Middle Earth and loved the core story of the books, but eventually I was like, "Geez, are we STILL there talking about several hundred years of history in a place that we're ... More
LOLOL right?
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
I am not going to have any assigned topic this month...and I'd like to continue the story start from this month. Speaking of which did we award Sneakers her 1,000 points for the story start?
Uh...I think you did when I submitted it to you. I think.
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
Oh, I know! I would totally rewrite the ending to LOTR. I don't know what, but something was missing.
There actually is a whole new world missing because Tolkien wrote the entire thing backwards. He started with Middle Earth then wrote the Silmarillion which was the precursor to the LOTR and never finished what lead up to our world.
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Probably not...
We probably should and all... ROFL
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
OK, I'm very ashamed to say it because I love the concept of Middle Earth and loved the core story of the books, but eventually I was like, "Geez, are we STILL there talking about several hundred years of history in a place that we're ... More
LOL You have to read the Silmarillion if you want OMFG is there a point to all this description???
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
We probably should and all... ROFL
I vaguely recall always doing it after the meeting, but you know these days I can't tell my ass from a hole in the ground...
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
We probably should and all... ROFL
Now I'm doubting my memory. I don't even know. I'm lucky I'm upright with the low amount of caffeine I've had.
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
On a completely unrelated note, I just learned the word "snollygoster." I'm going to use it in conversation today.
12/04/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
On a completely unrelated note, I just learned the word "snollygoster." I'm going to use it in conversation today.
Roughly translated means...?
12/04/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Roughly translated means...?
A shrewed person with questionable morals, like a politician.
12/04/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
On a completely unrelated note, I just learned the word "snollygoster." I'm going to use it in conversation today.
OMG yes! I saw that on a list I use when I write the SexIs articles about Eden Lit. Let us know how it goes when you slip in the new word!
12/04/2012
Total posts: 81
Unique posters: 4