Holiday Party Planning Meeting - Tuesday, January 3rd @ 7pm EST

wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Valentine's Day would be good.
Maybe have the party the week before??? One day Between the 6th-9th maybe
01/03/2012
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
hahaha. I dont even remember what we did, it was less eventful than that. I think we ate spaghetti with homemade meatballs and watched westerns because they are called spaghetti westerns and it made us laugh like dorks.
that sounds pretty fun to me!
01/03/2012
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
Maybe have the party the week before??? One day Between the 6th-9th maybe
nobody really likes valentines day~!!
01/03/2012
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
its fuckin 17 degrees here now... i freeze my toes off driving to work. i'll take your burning up any day.
I remember way below zero living in chicago for 17 years. I dont miss it one bit. Chicago yes, the weather no.
01/03/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
I remember way below zero living in chicago for 17 years. I dont miss it one bit. Chicago yes, the weather no.
well then St patrick's party
01/03/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
Maybe have the party the week before??? One day Between the 6th-9th maybe
Oh yeah, I meant to celebrate Valentine's Day, not necessarily have the party on it.
01/03/2012
allinonekid allinonekid
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
nobody really likes valentines day~!!
I do! It falls exactly 7 days after my birthday!
01/03/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
dont know what that is!
Amazing epic book by Boris Pasternak, also amazing epic movie put together by David Lean. Snowy, Russian revolution, amazing.

Soundtrack link (youtube link featuring balalaikas

Stars Omar Sharif and Julie Christie.


You should go rent it, or call everyone you know until you find someone with a copy... I have had so many good blizzards with random snowtrapped people, going on a quest for this movie, and waking up happily and making waffles for everyone in the morning.

Plus, one of my top 5 favorite movies.
01/03/2012
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Lets do another party with eden cooks. Can we have a irish favorites for st patricks day.

And maybe a team up with arts and crafts for a valentines day party.
01/03/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
hahaha. I dont even remember what we did, it was less eventful than that. I think we ate spaghetti with homemade meatballs and watched westerns because they are called spaghetti westerns and it made us laugh like dorks.
Cute!
01/03/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
Which holiday is it for, Valentine's Day?
If you guys think we should have one for Valentine's Day, sure!
01/03/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Lets do another party with eden cooks. Can we have a irish favorites for st patricks day.

And maybe a team up with arts and crafts for a valentines day party.
That would be cool.. I love the eden cooks parties
01/03/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by allinonekid
I do! It falls exactly 7 days after my birthday!
So do you get double presents?
01/03/2012
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Oh yeah, I meant to celebrate Valentine's Day, not necessarily have the party on it.
there's always the about half of the population who will abhor valentine's day though.. it's often an excuse to feel like shit...

esp. if you're single!





although we could always use it as an opportunity to use the tried and true 'go out with your friends or family on v-day... they're the ones who really love you!'

.... meh, i still don't know. even as someone who is IN a relationship, it's a touchy subject.
01/03/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
If you guys think we should have one for Valentine's Day, sure!
How many parties do we normally have in a year?
01/03/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
i was saying earlier i think a spring party would be nice... like in march?
I'm ok with having one in March. I think last year we burnt ourselves out a little bit by having one in February, and then one in March, and then one in April. I think we could do one in February and April, or one in March.
01/03/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Lets do another party with eden cooks. Can we have a irish favorites for st patricks day.

And maybe a team up with arts and crafts for a valentines day party.
Making corned beef means about a week prep time, so that'd be another where we'd want to have the party in advance of the actual holiday (well, I mean, you add the pink salt to the meat and you have to let it corn itself for a week)
01/03/2012
wrmbreze wrmbreze
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'm ok with having one in March. I think last year we burnt ourselves out a little bit by having one in February, and then one in March, and then one in April. I think we could do one in February and April, or one in March.
We could do one in Feb, then a spring fling in April.
01/03/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Lets do another party with eden cooks. Can we have a irish favorites for st patricks day.

And maybe a team up with arts and crafts for a valentines day party.
If Antipova is game, I don't see why not!
01/03/2012
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Amazing epic book by Boris Pasternak, also amazing epic movie put together by David Lean. Snowy, Russian revolution, amazing.

Soundtrack link (youtube link featuring balalaikas

Stars Omar Sharif and Julie Christie.


You ... More
i'm even more confused after the link.. but intrigued....
01/03/2012
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Making corned beef means about a week prep time, so that'd be another where we'd want to have the party in advance of the actual holiday (well, I mean, you add the pink salt to the meat and you have to let it corn itself for a week)
You are fancy I just use the packet in the bag with the meat, lol. I should learn to make it your way, bet its amazing.
01/03/2012
LoveDove LoveDove
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
there's always the about half of the population who will abhor valentine's day though.. it's often an excuse to feel like shit...

esp. if you're single!





although we could always use it as an opportunity ... More
Having had a Valentine on Valentine's day...I think it'd be good either way. And if someone wins something so they can show themselves some love on Valentine's day, they'd probably like it more, too.
01/03/2012
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
i'm even more confused after the link.. but intrigued....
Its an awesome movie watch it!
01/03/2012
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
How many parties do we normally have in a year?
i wonder this too!
01/03/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by wrmbreze
How many parties do we normally have in a year?
We try to leave it up to you guys really. The parties are only a year old at this point. The very first one was in December of 2010, and then we had I think 7 or so parties last year. So at this point, there's no "normal" amount of parties for a year
01/03/2012
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Its an awesome movie watch it!
if i ever see it out i will grab it... and think of you and antipova.
01/03/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
I for one do not care when we have one, just as long as I can make it! I feel pretty bad about missing the last one.
01/03/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
You are fancy I just use the packet in the bag with the meat, lol. I should learn to make it your way, bet its amazing.
Here's where I learned what I know: link


Alice, that was just the soundtrack. But go find the movie! It is superb.
01/03/2012
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
if i ever see it out i will grab it... and think of you and antipova.
The fashion styling is iconic as far as movies go. It set a whole trend that still comes into fashion today every once in awhile---and everyone notes that its dr zhivago influenced.
01/03/2012
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I for one do not care when we have one, just as long as I can make it! I feel pretty bad about missing the last one.
yeah.. i guess i'm being a bah-humbug about the Vday thing... but still, it's a valid concern.



whenever is fine! april for a spring party, feb for a Vday party... sure.
01/03/2012
Total posts: 366
Unique posters: 12