Naked Reader Book Club Discussion: Carnal Machines, Edited by D.L. King (July 12, 8-10 PM EST)

Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Good evening.
07/12/2011
Kristina Wright Kristina Wright
Quote:
Originally posted by D. L. King
Hi Everyone, I made it!
Hey D.L.! So glad you could make it!!
07/12/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
Good evening.
Hi *waves*
07/12/2011
Kristina Wright Kristina Wright
Quote:
Originally posted by LicentiouslyYours
I was not sure if I would be interested in the whole steampunk genre, since I was fairly unfamiliar with it before I started reading it, but I loved it! Now that I've read it, it reminds me very much of a romance series I like to read from Amanda ... More
I think a lot of readers have that reaction-- not being sure they're going to like steampunk and then discovering they've already enjoyed other steampunk stories. Which series from Amanda Quick? I'm a fan of her early books but haven't read much of her in the past several years. (To be honest, I don't get to read nearly as much for fun as I used to!)
07/12/2011
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
I haven't read the book yet. I wanted to hear what other EFers thought first since my experience of steampunk (so far) has been that I love to look at the art, but I'm less a fan of stories that fall into that category.
07/12/2011
Kristina Wright Kristina Wright
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
She likes all my favorite authors Succubi sounds really intriguing.
I agree! I'm absolutely determined to carve out some time to write a story for D.L.'s Succubi!
07/12/2011
Kristina Wright Kristina Wright
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
omg, I only have the one whos only 5 and I swear he has hollow legs! where on earth do they put all the food!
You guys are scaring me! I have a 19 month old and a baby on the way in 8 weeks-- both boys. I've heard the stories about how much teenage boys eat... scary!!
07/12/2011
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristina Wright
I agree! I'm absolutely determined to carve out some time to write a story for D.L.'s Succubi!
"a new succubus anthology titled Seductress: Succubi Erotica"

Now that is a book I know I'll like.
07/12/2011
NuMe NuMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristina Wright
You guys are scaring me! I have a 19 month old and a baby on the way in 8 weeks-- both boys. I've heard the stories about how much teenage boys eat... scary!!
Better get to writing...a lot! LOL!
07/12/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Hey everybody!
07/12/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I admit I haven't had a chance to read Carnal Machines yet, but I'm looking forward to getting a chance to do so and talking with those of you who did
07/12/2011
NuMe NuMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Hey everybody!
Hi Sam! Welcome!
07/12/2011
Sammi Sammi
Hi guys!
07/12/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristina Wright
I think a lot of readers have that reaction-- not being sure they're going to like steampunk and then discovering they've already enjoyed other steampunk stories. Which series from Amanda Quick? I'm a fan of her early books but ... More
I have never read steampunk before honestly I had no idea what it was, but after reading some of these stories I am in love lol

I loved the first story, I can't remember the title now but it had the female widowed professor, I loved the sexual tension until they finally kissed and the rushed nature of it! amazing.
07/12/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristina Wright
You guys are scaring me! I have a 19 month old and a baby on the way in 8 weeks-- both boys. I've heard the stories about how much teenage boys eat... scary!!
I swear boys are insane, they just keep eating, and mine doesn't eat regular food so its doubly expensive
07/12/2011
D. L. King D. L. King
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
Mmmmmm....guacamole... ..
And it is TASTY!
07/12/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I haven't read the book yet. I wanted to hear what other EFers thought first since my experience of steampunk (so far) has been that I love to look at the art, but I'm less a fan of stories that fall into that category.
I haven't either but now that I know a little along the lines of what it is I just added it to my reading list.
07/12/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristina Wright
You guys are scaring me! I have a 19 month old and a baby on the way in 8 weeks-- both boys. I've heard the stories about how much teenage boys eat... scary!!
Lol buy stock in a grocery chain
07/12/2011
D. L. King D. L. King
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristina Wright
I agree! I'm absolutely determined to carve out some time to write a story for D.L.'s Succubi!
Hi Kristina. I really hope you do; I'm looking forward to it!
07/12/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by D. L. King
And it is TASTY!
*making mean, deprived face*
07/12/2011
D. L. King D. L. King
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
I have never read steampunk before honestly I had no idea what it was, but after reading some of these stories I am in love lol

I loved the first story, I can't remember the title now but it had the female widowed professor, I loved the ... More
That's "Human Powered" by Teresa Noelle Roberts. She may be stopping by tonight!
07/12/2011
D. L. King D. L. King
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
*making mean, deprived face*
Come on over here, girl. I'll share!
07/12/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
My book list just keeps growing and growing....lol!
07/12/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by D. L. King
Come on over here, girl. I'll share!
YAY!!! On my way!
07/12/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by D. L. King
Come on over here, girl. I'll share!
Can I sneak in on some of that? I'm starving!
07/12/2011
LicentiouslyYours LicentiouslyYours
Quote:
Originally posted by Kristina Wright
I think a lot of readers have that reaction-- not being sure they're going to like steampunk and then discovering they've already enjoyed other steampunk stories. Which series from Amanda Quick? I'm a fan of her early books but ... More
Of course you ask just as I have packed away all my books (am getting ready to move!) ... the books that involve the Arcane Society.
07/12/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by D. L. King
That's "Human Powered" by Teresa Noelle Roberts. She may be stopping by tonight!
thank you, it was amazing. I loved the part where she essentially says fuck society and they give into their wants. I also read those cheesy bodice ripper historical romances so that appeals to me lol
07/12/2011
NuMe NuMe
I would love to hear more about this book. Who's read it? What were your favorite stories and why?
07/12/2011
Kristina Wright Kristina Wright
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
I have never read steampunk before honestly I had no idea what it was, but after reading some of these stories I am in love lol

I loved the first story, I can't remember the title now but it had the female widowed professor, I loved the ... More
Oh, I love Teresa's story! I'm a fan of steampunk and love how there is such a variety of stories in this collection.
07/12/2011
LicentiouslyYours LicentiouslyYours
Quote:
Originally posted by D. L. King
That's "Human Powered" by Teresa Noelle Roberts. She may be stopping by tonight!
The first one has been my favorite so far (I'm still reading actually) as well. The tension was wonderful!
07/12/2011
Total posts: 366
Unique posters: 22