Naked Reader Book Club Discussion: Sweet Confessions— Erotic Fantasies for Couples — edited by Violet Blue (January 10, 8-10 PM EST)

  • Christmas shipping schedule

Naked Reader Book Club Discussion: Sweet Confessions— Erotic Fantasies for Couples — edited by Violet Blue (January 10, 8-10 PM EST)

Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
I'd love to go to Vegas for the lights and I hear they have great buffets and stuff. Maybe for our 35th wedding anniversary if we start saving now!
My college roommate's mom took my roommate and I for our last year of college. It was a lot of fun. I put $11.50 into gambling and walked away with $36, so I vowed to stop gambling and never start again.

The fountains at the Bellagio were extremely pretty, and my dad bought the three of us Penn and Teller tickets to enjoy. I was super impressed by the Cirque de Soleil, and lots of the food as well.

(Though, I'll admit, to save money, most of the time we ate at the Mexican carts in the "places between the spaces where other people go---dang delicious tacos, though!)

It's really not so expensive if you stay in a hotel that's off the strip. Most of them have shuttle vans as well, so it's not really even an inconvenience.
01/10/2012
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Snozzberries
Buffets: top notch.
Shows: also top notch. See Blue Man and Cirque du Soleil. (Spelling?)
There are several Cirque shows. I recommend Ka.
01/10/2012
Snozzberries Snozzberries
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
Hehehe. I'd like to get married in Vegas at a drive thru
They give you a cupcake.
01/10/2012
Sacchi Sacchi
Quote:
Originally posted by Snozzberries
I used to trade rides for homework but it didn't involve horses.
So who was doing which?
01/10/2012
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
My college roommate's mom took my roommate and I for our last year of college. It was a lot of fun. I put $11.50 into gambling and walked away with $36, so I vowed to stop gambling and never start again.

The fountains at the Bellagio were ...
Cirque du Soleil is soooo cool. They always have a show in Quebec during the summer festivals, even a street show that's free to go.
01/10/2012
NuMe NuMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
Not as a primary wedding though.
Congratulations Kynky Kytty! You won the third $25 gift card of the evening. Please email me with your EF name at Liz @ Edenfantasys .com
01/10/2012
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacchi
Oh, heck, I can't resist the horse talk. I know about farriers and curry combs and various such things from my co-editor on two erotica books about lesbian cowboys (Rode Hard, Put Away Wet and Lesbian Cowboys.) Well, I knew the terms before, ...
If you want to get into really esoteric horse terms, hang around with a bunch of jousters. I still don't understand all the stuff my husband says. But it's a lot of fun to watch him joust.
01/10/2012
Snozzberries Snozzberries
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacchi
So who was doing which?
Depended on which subject the homework was in.
01/10/2012
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Snozzberries
I used to trade rides for homework but it didn't involve horses.
You naughty girl.
01/10/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
Cirque du Soleil is soooo cool. They always have a show in Quebec during the summer festivals, even a street show that's free to go.
Those seem like they'd be amazing too.

I would have loved to have seen Eau ("O")? but it was sold out by the time I made up my mind... I saw Zumanity and it was pretty darn'd impressive.
01/10/2012
Sacchi Sacchi
Have any of you tried to role-play fantasies inspired by stories you read? (Or movies, for that matter.)
01/10/2012
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by NuMe
Congratulations Kynky Kytty! You won the third $25 gift card of the evening. Please email me with your EF name at Liz @ Edenfantasys .com
Hahaha, thanks, and on a post that silly.
01/10/2012
Snozzberries Snozzberries
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Those seem like they'd be amazing too.

I would have loved to have seen Eau ("O")? but it was sold out by the time I made up my mind... I saw Zumanity and it was pretty darn'd impressive.
I've heard Zumanity is really sexy.
01/10/2012
Sacchi Sacchi
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
If you want to get into really esoteric horse terms, hang around with a bunch of jousters. I still don't understand all the stuff my husband says. But it's a lot of fun to watch him joust.
Oh yeah, spears and lances are very cool, too. And armor...well, armor could be a challenge.
01/10/2012
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Those seem like they'd be amazing too.

I would have loved to have seen Eau ("O")? but it was sold out by the time I made up my mind... I saw Zumanity and it was pretty darn'd impressive.
I've seen Mystere, O, Ka and Zumanity. Zumanity was actually the least impressive of their shows in my opinion. So, if you were impressed by that, you would be blown away by O or Ka. I HIGHLY recommend seeing them if you can.
01/10/2012
NuMe NuMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacchi
Have any of you tried to role-play fantasies inspired by stories you read? (Or movies, for that matter.)
I haven't. But I'm not the best at role playing. I tend to lose character really easily.
01/10/2012
Top Kat Top Kat
My parents have lived in Vegas for years. Happily, so does one of my best friends, so I would stay with her. Is it evil to wish for her to be single again?
01/10/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
I've seen Mystere, O, Ka and Zumanity. Zumanity was actually the least impressive of their shows in my opinion. So, if you were impressed by that, you would be blown away by O or Ka. I HIGHLY recommend seeing them if you can.
I think next time I go to Vegas it won't be the Christmas/New Year's rush. :/
01/10/2012
NuMe NuMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Top Kat
My parents have lived in Vegas for years. Happily, so does one of my best friends, so I would stay with her. Is it evil to wish for her to be single again?
No? lol! I know what you mean though.
01/10/2012
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacchi
Oh yeah, spears and lances are very cool, too. And armor...well, armor could be a challenge.
There are so many different styles of armor, I don't think anyone could learn ALL the different words for it. Though even learning the common terms for the basic pieces can be a challenge.

This is a nice distraction. It's really gotten me looking forward to Lysts on the Lake 2012.
01/10/2012
Sacchi Sacchi
I've only passed through Vegas on the way to or from the Grand Canyon. But I've written sex scenes set on the rim and-or ledges of the Grand Canyon (that outdoors obsession again.)
01/10/2012
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacchi
Have any of you tried to role-play fantasies inspired by stories you read? (Or movies, for that matter.)
I'm not that role-play in the bedroom to begin with, I'd just start laughing.

(I wish I could have participated more tonight, but been getting calls about my niece at the hospital a respiratory distress - she'll be fine, but poor little thing.)
01/10/2012
Snozzberries Snozzberries
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacchi
I've only passed through Vegas on the way to or from the Grand Canyon. But I've written sex scenes set on the rim and-or ledges of the Grand Canyon (that outdoors obsession again.)
Ok, that's pretty cool. I'd read the heck out of that.
01/10/2012
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Top Kat
My parents have lived in Vegas for years. Happily, so does one of my best friends, so I would stay with her. Is it evil to wish for her to be single again?
Yes. But it is completely understandable.
01/10/2012
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
I think next time I go to Vegas it won't be the Christmas/New Year's rush. :/
Yikes! I can't imagine how crowded that was. I went in mid August. It was pretty empty then.
01/10/2012
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
I've seen Mystere, O, Ka and Zumanity. Zumanity was actually the least impressive of their shows in my opinion. So, if you were impressed by that, you would be blown away by O or Ka. I HIGHLY recommend seeing them if you can.
The one I saw when I was young was Allegria. The music was excellent, kept playing on the radio too.
01/10/2012
Snozzberries Snozzberries
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
Yikes! I can't imagine how crowded that was. I went in mid August. It was pretty empty then.
It is RIDICULOUS here during the holidays. Not even worth it to be here.
01/10/2012
Sacchi Sacchi
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
There are so many different styles of armor, I don't think anyone could learn ALL the different words for it. Though even learning the common terms for the basic pieces can be a challenge.

This is a nice distraction. It's really ...
I've been to quite a few RenFaires, but never got into the SCA scene, although I know a few people who have. There could definitely be some possibilities for erotica with that sort of setting or theme, though.
01/10/2012
Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacchi
Have any of you tried to role-play fantasies inspired by stories you read? (Or movies, for that matter.)
Alan & I did once but it turned into a laugh fest and we just didn't get much out of it. It's much better (for us) when we set a basic scenario and let things flow where they will.
01/10/2012
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Sacchi
I've only passed through Vegas on the way to or from the Grand Canyon. But I've written sex scenes set on the rim and-or ledges of the Grand Canyon (that outdoors obsession again.)
I rode the mules down into the Grand Canyon. It was a lot of fun. A bit scary though when the mule got too close to the edge for my comfort. Some of those trails are rather narrow.
01/10/2012
Total posts: 445
Unique posters: 21