Flooding Crisis During Porn Meeting.....

Shellz31 Shellz31
Hey guys,

I thoroughly enjoy Porn Club meetings but unfortunately QLD is in an
extreme flood crisis and this is making our phone lines and internet to drop out
regulary.
I will be by the computer hoping for the net to be on at the meeting time, even
if it's only for a few minutes here and there.

I HOPE things settle by then but going by the news, things will be reaching their
worse (my) thursday.

If I can't get on, have fun everyone and I'll be feeling sorry for myself missing out.


Cheers
01/11/2011
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
Hey guys,

I thoroughly enjoy Porn Club meetings but unfortunately QLD is in an
extreme flood crisis and this is making our phone lines and internet to drop out
regulary.
I will be by the computer hoping for the net to be ... More
Things sound horrible down there. Please be safe.
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Things sound horrible down there. Please be safe.
Thanks.

They are terrible.
We are rather lucky here. A city nearby had a 26 foot wall of water suddenly flood through the main streets killing 10 people. And there is 78 people missing. Now that massive lot of water is heading to the capital city of my state. The CBD has been evacuated cause it's looking worse than the 1974 floods which did a lot of damage.

I live at the top of a range which has become a complete land slide. Will be quite some time before anyone can get in and out that way - which is the main way into the town.

I'm affraid I'm going to way over due on my free toy review that is stuck at Brisbane airport cause the courier won't be able to get up here for another couple of weeks or more.
01/11/2011
liilii080 liilii080
Wow! Be safe and will be thinking about you and those around you. Keep us posted so we know you're ok.
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Thanyou - will do.
The internet seems good tonight so I'm using while I have it. It's been crap all day. Comes on for a couple of minutes and then off for 10mins or so. Drives ya nutz when ya so isolated from the world.

Hope it stays on so I can join in the meeting!
01/11/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
Thanyou - will do.
The internet seems good tonight so I'm using while I have it. It's been crap all day. Comes on for a couple of minutes and then off for 10mins or so. Drives ya nutz when ya so isolated from the world.

Hope it ... More
At least you'll be holed up with your toys. Could be worse
01/11/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Jeez woman! Dont worry about your toys! LOL

You be safe. keep us posted when you have access *hugs*
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
At least you'll be holed up with your toys. Could be worse
Crud - just when I was getting use to the net sticking around - it ups and leaves again. Being here helps keep me sane!
Don't know if it's water or whats happening.

True! If I didn't have my toy collection, what would I do with myself....lol.
I'm finally giving my new ebook reader a workout. Hoping I'll become a bookworm...hehe.

One of my friends said I should use all my toys to build a life raft and float out of here.
01/11/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
Crud - just when I was getting use to the net sticking around - it ups and leaves again. Being here helps keep me sane!
Don't know if it's water or whats happening.

True! If I didn't have my toy collection, what would I do ... More
LOL!

"Woman seen floating on silicone dildo raft powered by vibrators. News at 11."
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Jobthingy
Jeez woman! Dont worry about your toys! LOL

You be safe. keep us posted when you have access *hugs*
I'm not too worried about the toy.
These things are unavoidable so I know Eden staff will understand.

I don't know if you guys have seen any of this on your news, but here's a youtube video of the mass of water that hit the nearby town.


Flooding
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
LOL!

"Woman seen floating on silicone dildo raft powered by vibrators. News at 11."
LMAO

I'd hope that someone would tape that for me to watch later...hehehe
01/11/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Damn, that sucks lady! I hope all will be well for you.

Maybe you could build a flood wall made of dildo's and use the vibes to power a water pump for any water that seeps in.
01/11/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
Hey guys,

I thoroughly enjoy Porn Club meetings but unfortunately QLD is in an
extreme flood crisis and this is making our phone lines and internet to drop out
regulary.
I will be by the computer hoping for the net to be ... More
WOW! I hope everything settles okay and thanks for the heads up!
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Damn, that sucks lady! I hope all will be well for you.

Maybe you could build a flood wall made of dildo's and use the vibes to power a water pump for any water that seeps in.
The rain seems to be easing at the moment but suppose to continue until saturday.
I certainly need some gumboots for this weather. Had to walk down the flooded paddock to check on the cattle today in thongs. Those things aren't easy to walk in when they get wet!

I'm loving the toy suggestions...lol
Always nice to have something to laugh about!
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
WOW! I hope everything settles okay and thanks for the heads up!
I think Brisbane is the main problem now - the water is suppose to peak in the river tomorrow afternoon. That will tell just how many businesses and homes will be damaged or lost there.
01/11/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
The rain seems to be easing at the moment but suppose to continue until saturday.
I certainly need some gumboots for this weather. Had to walk down the flooded paddock to check on the cattle today in thongs. Those things aren't easy to walk ... More
I was picturing the wrong kind of thong when I read this...
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I was picturing the wrong kind of thong when I read this...
LMAO - I was kinda wondering if you called them thongs over there - the feet kind...lol.
01/11/2011
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Holy crap! Be safe and try to stay sane!
01/11/2011
Midway through Midway through
Disasters everywhere- we have had a blizzard here. Trees have fallen on powerlines everywhere and everyone is snowed in. Our roads are complete ice and the entire town has actually shut down. Our banks, schools, restaurants...everythi ng is closed.
01/11/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Midway through
Disasters everywhere- we have had a blizzard here. Trees have fallen on powerlines everywhere and everyone is snowed in. Our roads are complete ice and the entire town has actually shut down. Our banks, schools, restaurants...everythi ng is closed.
We're getting snow too, but it is just barely hitting us (2-4 inches forecast). Be safe as well.

And people call them thongs also, but I tend to use flip flops because thongs make me think of underwear.
01/11/2011
Illusional Illusional
Stay very safe Shellz.
01/11/2011
Redboxbaby Redboxbaby
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
Crud - just when I was getting use to the net sticking around - it ups and leaves again. Being here helps keep me sane!
Don't know if it's water or whats happening.

True! If I didn't have my toy collection, what would I do ... More
LMAO! That is hilarious! I can see CNN reporting on that now!

I saw a report on the news this morning about the "Instant Tsunami" and thought about you, wondering if you were out of harms way. My son and I were watching it and I mentioned that I hoped Shellz was ok. He said why are you worried about the shells, it's the people that you should worry about. I told him I had an online friend that lived there and left the room before more questions could come about.

Shellz, take care of yourself.Keep checkin' in so we know you are safe.
01/11/2011
Redboxbaby Redboxbaby
Quote:
Originally posted by Midway through
Disasters everywhere- we have had a blizzard here. Trees have fallen on powerlines everywhere and everyone is snowed in. Our roads are complete ice and the entire town has actually shut down. Our banks, schools, restaurants...everythi ng is closed.
Funny because here in Alaska it is a balmy 45 degrees and winds of 50 miles per hour. VERY warm for January. The trees are gonna start budding if this crap doesn't stop. It should be -45 right now.
01/11/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I was wondering about all the Australian EF'ers and the flooding.

I'm glad to see you're making the best of the situation though. Staying positive is good.
01/11/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Redboxbaby
LMAO! That is hilarious! I can see CNN reporting on that now!

I saw a report on the news this morning about the "Instant Tsunami" and thought about you, wondering if you were out of harms way. My son and I were watching it and ... More
Yeah, that would be some fun news - make a nice change.
All we have here on one channel is the heart breaking flooding.

Hehehe - cute.
Thankyou for your thoughts
Yes, we are out of harms way of that inland Tsunami - but not by a lot.
Fortunately (for us) cause we are up high-ish (although lower than that city hit), it flows down the main highway and then it unfortunately strikes Brisbane via the river. Our main damn between the two is full ... at 190% last I heard so they have to release it which is building the river up more. But if it hits 220%, it's going to be a LOT worse for all.

The water has gone down enough now for us to go into the next two towns who have supermarkets - even though they aren't the normal size ones. But our towns are still totally blocked off each way. We can't get to the main town where the large supermarkets are.
All the tin food shelves are bare. There is absolutely no bread (even at the bakerys), milk or meat. Fruit and vegies are getting really low too.
They can't and won't have supplies up here for quite awhile. The land slide down the range is suppose to take a week to repair but they can't get equipment in safely until it dries. But they can't get it in from anywhere yet anyway - all blocked off from floods.

And food trucks can't get in from the end (into the main town) to restock there cause they have flooding on the in/outs there too.

They are talking about blocking us off from the next town cause the bridge in has water damage from being flooded for a couple of days that it's dangerous. So we raced through to grab what food we could while we can.

We should be ok for a little while. I was more concerned about kitty litter....hehehe. Only had 3 days worth left.
01/12/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Stay very safe Shellz.
Hey - new piccie. I like it!

We're ok. I may have to wonder around naked soon if I can't get clothes dried, but it's all good. At least I have a nice dry house to live in!
01/12/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Midway through
Disasters everywhere- we have had a blizzard here. Trees have fallen on powerlines everywhere and everyone is snowed in. Our roads are complete ice and the entire town has actually shut down. Our banks, schools, restaurants...everythi ng is closed.
Ohhhh yikes. Nature sure is hitting everyone hard at the moment!
I don't think I'd want to drive in snow let alone ice.
Take care and hope that settles down soon.
01/12/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
Holy crap! Be safe and try to stay sane!
If I didn't have my toys, not sure I could stay sane....lol.
Thanks to (especially) Lelo!!

Ohhh, and I can't forget the white choccie I grabbed. Gotta have some treats to brighten the day considering there's no sun!
01/12/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Redboxbaby
Funny because here in Alaska it is a balmy 45 degrees and winds of 50 miles per hour. VERY warm for January. The trees are gonna start budding if this crap doesn't stop. It should be -45 right now.
WOW - that's crazy weather.
Yikes, mother nature has just gone plain nutz.
I hope you're able to stay cool.

We're suppose to be up around 36+ C but with the rain we have had nice temps around 25C. Haven't really had summer this year.
And we are bracing for a lot more rain over the next two months.
Joy oh joy! Can barely wait - haha.
01/12/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I was wondering about all the Australian EF'ers and the flooding.

I'm glad to see you're making the best of the situation though. Staying positive is good.
It wasn't easy at first. But when ya see other peoples homes actually under water, it makes ya grateful for what ya do have.
01/12/2011
Total posts: 71
Unique posters: 18