Reviewers Spotlight - August 4th @ 9pm: Tuesday and ~LaUr3n~

~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Ooh, where have your 20 hour drives taken you?
Not exactly sure on the length of these drives...

Niagara Falls, Cooperstown NY, and Des Moines-Iowa
08/04/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
And Tuesday, what got you into knitting? And what do you think is the easiest thing for you to make?
I learned to knit as a child, but dropped it because I knit so tightly that eventually I couldn't even stick the needle into the next stitch. I blame my strict upbringing for that. Then in college I saw someone knitting and wanted to do it again. It looked so fun! And it is!

The easiest thing to knit is scarves. No shaping to worry about. Who cares if your gauge is off. My favorite thing to knit is baby clothes. They always turn out so cute.
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'd like to ask you both what is it about Eden that keeps you loyal to their review program that stops you from reviewing elsewhere?
I wouldn't want to start over.
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I'd like to ask you both what is it about Eden that keeps you loyal to their review program that stops you from reviewing elsewhere?
That and if I left, my reviews couldn't come with me.
08/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Not exactly sure on the length of these drives...

Niagara Falls, Cooperstown NY, and Des Moines-Iowa
Des Moines isn't a 20 hour drive

From where you're at Niagra Falls might be if you get caught in traffic going through cities or don't take the highway. Not sure about Cooperstown lol
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday
I think it might have been a Tuesday when I signed up. Or it was a Wednesday and that name was taken. I know I looked around the room for ideas for a name. I must have seen something with the day of the week on it.
That's so cute!
08/04/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Sweet! What time? I went to the first or 2nd meeting, but life got in the way. Send me more info will ya?
7pm EST
08/04/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
From Evolved? I don't have that one lol.
No. The NobEssence one. The S-Shaped something.
08/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday
I learned to knit as a child, but dropped it because I knit so tightly that eventually I couldn't even stick the needle into the next stitch. I blame my strict upbringing for that. Then in college I saw someone knitting and wanted to do it ... More
I can hand crochet. Big huge loops and holes, but it looked kinda cool when I tied it all together in this like, 20 foot long scarf lol.
08/04/2011
v23 v23
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday
MUCH easier. The more toys you have, the more toys you have for comparison. Plus you get the hang of what's good to put in a review.
Really? Awesome! I've only wrote a few so far and it already seems to be getting easier. "The more toys you have, the more toys you have for comparison." Great point! I definitely agree.

Okay, I've really got to go. lol. Congrats again, to both of you!
08/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Ok everybody, it's now 10 o'clock Eastern and it's time to bring this to a close. The reviewers in question will probably be awesome enough to stick around and finish answering questions, but to give them a chance to catch up we should probably stop asking now
08/04/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday
No. The NobEssence one. The S-Shaped something.
OOOOOH That's one toy company I soooo want to investigate their toys look so pretty
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Lauren, you seem to keep some pretty odd hours. What exactly is it that you do for a living, and how does it affect your school life, social life, and Eden life?
I'm a masters student and Direct Support Associate for adult with disabilities. I am their friend, nurse, care taker, guardian, etc. I help them live lives that are as independent as possible and make them as happy as possible. It's very rewarding, but it's just transitional. It's VERY hard work, but I love all my clients.

It doesn't affect my life in a negative way really. I have always been flexible with hours, so I found a job that was flexible like me.
08/04/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by v23
Really? Awesome! I've only wrote a few so far and it already seems to be getting easier. "The more toys you have, the more toys you have for comparison." Great point! I definitely agree.

Okay, I've really got to go. lol. ... More
Then you've already completed your toughest reviews.
08/04/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Thanks guys for being great sports and answering our questions! Now go write or knit or read a great book or something!!
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
So Lauren, you've mentioned before that you don't like Smurfs, any specific reason why?
I always thought it was a stupid cartoon. Never was a fan. Maybe because my sister liked it and I tended to hate what my sister liked haha.
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by v23
I know! I'm a lingerie freak but I'm sure you have way more than me so it's probably waaayyy harder to decide!

I actually really like that, too bad it's discontinued.

Both of you, would you say that writing has gotten ... More
Hmmm harder to say original things if products are similar, but easier overall.
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
OMG you don't like SMURFS??? That's all the guys are going on about these days with the movie and all...
LOL nope.
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Des Moines isn't a 20 hour drive

From where you're at Niagra Falls might be if you get caught in traffic going through cities or don't take the highway. Not sure about Cooperstown lol
From where I was driving from it is...

I'm positive you don't know where I was at when I was making these drives.

Stalking much?
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday
No. The NobEssence one. The S-Shaped something.
I don't have that one either lol.
08/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
From where I was driving from it is...

I'm positive you don't know where I was at when I was making these drives.

Stalking much?
You have Chicago listed on your profile, I was assuming you were making the drives from their. I know what the drive time is to most of these place from Chicago
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by v23
Really? Awesome! I've only wrote a few so far and it already seems to be getting easier. "The more toys you have, the more toys you have for comparison." Great point! I definitely agree.

Okay, I've really got to go. lol. ... More
Agreed too!
08/04/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
A little to late for me, 2 am comes a bit early. So I'll just ask my questions now and check back tomorrow.

For both of you, what was the hardest review you wrote? What is your favorite change that has happened to EF. Any changes you did ... More
That means you have a job. Congratulations!

There isn't one review that stands out as being the hardest. I think it was all of my first reviews that were difficult. I didn't have other toys for comparison. I stressed quite a lot about writing them.

My favorite change is the addition of the video review program. That has added a new element of fun to the whole review process.

My least favorite change was the switch to public voting on reviews. I was quite unhappy about that. But now I don't care. In fact I might object to a return to anonymous voting.
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Thanks guys for being great sports and answering our questions! Now go write or knit or read a great book or something!!
I'm actually in the middle of a book for my first book review. Any tips?
08/04/2011
macho99 macho99
oh, Lauren, is your list of toys available for review still updated?
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
You have Chicago listed on your profile, I was assuming you were making the drives from their. I know what the drive time is to most of these place from Chicago
It's says I was raised in Chicago.

God I love that city.

But no, none of the drives were from Chicago.
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by macho99
oh, Lauren, is your list of toys available for review still updated?
Yup, almost every day I go through it
08/04/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday
That means you have a job. Congratulations!

There isn't one review that stands out as being the hardest. I think it was all of my first reviews that were difficult. I didn't have other toys for comparison. I stressed quite a lot about ... More
Oh man. I shouldn't have read this. I'm totally going to steal your video review answer now...

I'll have to try to come up with a different one.
08/04/2011
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I don't have that one either lol.
!?! I could have sworn you reviewed that one. Then I'd say the high intensity bullet.
08/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
It's says I was raised in Chicago.

God I love that city.

But no, none of the drives were from Chicago.
Ahh. It used to have where your school was I think. My basic knowledge of geography led me to the same conclusion for either location being the starting point lol.
08/04/2011
Total posts: 254
Unique posters: 19