Reviewers Spotlight - January 5th @ 8pm: Research and Selective Sensualist!

Research Research
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
Hopefully settled in to a town home or condominium somewhere in the area we currently live and planning yet another amazing vacation (with plenty of travel under my belt). I also want to go back to school to earn a Ph.D. (though I am still debating ... More
Oh cool! Being a writer would be so fulfilling, and you could do it anywhere. I've always loved the idea of an author going up to a cabin in the woods or a place on a lake or something and not coming back till they finished the manuscript.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
I would love to still be doing what I'm doing now, leading outdoor education courses and trips while doing my video work on the side. It's really great to teach new skills to people and have a job that gets you outside and active all the ... More
This sounds great! You remind me so much of my husband's best friend since high school.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Unfortunately I have to go but it was wonderful learning more about you both. You are both reviewers that I very much admire and look forward to reading more reviews from you. Night all!
Good night, Kindred! Thanks for stopping by.
01/05/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
That's a tough one, there are some great looking products out there. Some of the stuff I really want isn't carried by Eden unfortunately, Doc Johnson, Rascal, and some others have larger toys that are something I would be interested in but we ... More
You should write to the fella at Square Peg Toys and convince him to give you something interesting in exchange for a video review of it.

I'm super curious about their things, and the internet's got practically no information that I've been able to find.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I have never seen the ocean. I know, how lame am I?!?!

My parents had their honeymoon there and my boyfriend's brother was stationed there, but I've never been close to making a trip there.
That makes me sad to know you've not seen the ocean. It's an amazing sight!

I was raised in a perfectly flat, landlocked environment, so I ached to see the ocean when I was young. I was lucky that I finally got to see it when I was about 15 (I believe). My school took a trip to compete in Orlando, Florida. I remember the anticipation of finally laying eyes on the ocean as we all stepped off the bus to walk to where it was within view! When we pulled into the parking lot, all we could see was a marina. We were so disappointed by the view (thinking "that's it? THAT'S what the ocean looks like?). We could actually see the banks on the other side, LOL! (We were all thinking, "Somehow I thought it would be bigger . . .") Then, when we cleared the corner, the ocean in all its glorious vastness came into view . . . that endless view of rippling, surging water did not disappoint our expectations!
01/05/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Hey there Guys! Congrats on being fried...err roasted...errr spotlighted!
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
That's a tough one, there are some great looking products out there. Some of the stuff I really want isn't carried by Eden unfortunately, Doc Johnson, Rascal, and some others have larger toys that are something I would be interested in but we ... More
You need to try a NobEssence toy, like the P-Spot toy EF quit carrying. (It's called Intrigue on NobEssence's site.) EF carries the P-Spot flogger, but you can't insert the larger end because of the falls (you can, however, insert the larger end of the Intrigue or regular P-Spot). Since you like to push your limits, I think the P-Spot/Intrigue without the falls would be a challenge you might have fun trying!
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Oh dear, I just noticed the time! Our two awesome reviewers are more than welcome to stick around and keep chatting, but we should probably curtail the questioning soon to make sure they each have a chance to answer the questions that have already ... More
Thanks for having me.
01/05/2012
Research Research
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
You should write to the fella at Square Peg Toys and convince him to give you something interesting in exchange for a video review of it.

I'm super curious about their things, and the internet's got practically no information that ... More
Tell me about it! They have some crazy advanced stuff but I'm a big fan of the products there and I'd love to see some here on eden. I understand he makes all the toys there by hand though so he probably doesn't have the output ability to supply a big store like eden. Too bad
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
Oh cool! Being a writer would be so fulfilling, and you could do it anywhere. I've always loved the idea of an author going up to a cabin in the woods or a place on a lake or something and not coming back till they finished the manuscript.
Yeah, that's a wonderful fantasy that I have . . . Sigh.
01/05/2012
Research Research
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
You need to try a NobEssence toy, like the P-Spot toy EF quit carrying. (It's called Intrigue on NobEssence's site.) EF carries the P-Spot flogger, but you can't insert the larger end because of the falls (you can, however, insert the ... More
Hmm, that sounds pretty interesting. I haven't heard of those toys before. I will take a look!
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Hey there Guys! Congrats on being fried...err roasted...errr spotlighted!
Ha ha! Everyone has been very nice.
01/05/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
Hmm, that sounds pretty interesting. I haven't heard of those toys before. I will take a look!
The P-Spot Flogger (aka Incite) has crazy-amazing leverage for p-/g-spotting. I wish the Intrigue had still been available, but ah well.
01/05/2012
Research Research
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
The P-Spot Flogger (aka Incite) has crazy-amazing leverage for p-/g-spotting. I wish the Intrigue had still been available, but ah well.
Am I reading these dimensions correctly? 2" at the widest point of the Intrigue? If that's diameter then that's as big around as the Tantus Trex!
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
Hmm, that sounds pretty interesting. I haven't heard of those toys before. I will take a look!
Here, let me help you with that: link link link

Antipova and I are both rabid NobEssence devotees who are anxious to create other addicts, LOL!
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
Am I reading these dimensions correctly? 2" at the widest point of the Intrigue? If that's diameter then that's as big around as the Tantus Trex!
The reason I suggested the Intrigue is because it is double-ended. The Incite only has the smaller end available to insert (and from reading your reviews, I know you like to work up to a challenge--heck, you want to try the Tantus T-Rex and you actually HAVE tried the Cowboy!).

It is the larger end that is 2", and the larger end of the flogger can't be inserted because of the falls. I think you'd get great P-spotting results from the smaller end, though, due to the amazing shape and firmness of the material. And as Antipova has said, you get GREAT leverage.
01/05/2012
Research Research
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
Here, let me help you with that: link link link

Antipova and I are both rabid NobEssence devotees who are anxious to create other addicts, LOL! ... More
Wow what craftsmanship! I didn't realize these toys were all made of wood. Beautiful stuff, I could really get behind this.
01/05/2012
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
Here, let me help you with that: link link link

Antipova and I are both rabid NobEssence devotees who are anxious to create other addicts, LOL! ... More
I keep meaning to join your bandwagon, but I just haven't gotten around to snapping up a NobEssence toy yet, lol.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
The reason I suggested the Intrigue is because it is double-ended. The Incite only has the smaller end available to insert (and from reading your reviews, I know you like to work up to a challenge--heck, you want to try the Tantus T-Rex and you ... More
Let me rephrase slightly here, so you know what I meant:


It is the larger end of the Intrigue and Incite that is 2", but the larger end of the flogger (Incite) can't be inserted because of the falls. I think you'd get great P-spotting results from the smaller end of either Incite or Intrigue, though, due to the amazing shape and firmness of the material. And as Antipova has said, you get GREAT leverage.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I keep meaning to join your bandwagon, but I just haven't gotten around to snapping up a NobEssence toy yet, lol.
If you ever have any questions about them, feel free to ask! I have seven NobEssence toys so far (which is not nearly enough).

Edit: I should really get paid for advertising by NobEssence, LOL!
01/05/2012
Research Research
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
Let me rephrase slightly here, so you know what I meant:


It is the larger end of the Intrigue and Incite that is 2", but the larger end of the flogger (Incite) can't be inserted because of the falls. I think you'd get great ... More
Leverage sounds appealing I got one of those Nexus G-rider toys on a recommendation from a friend but it doesn't really do anything for me. I think it must not be hitting quite right, a toy I could adjust the depth, angle, and pressure of would be great.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
Wow what craftsmanship! I didn't realize these toys were all made of wood. Beautiful stuff, I could really get behind this.
That would be awesome (I really overuse that word . . .). I can just imagine the beautiful videos you'd make on these products! (If you do try one, I think you should go to the Redwood Forest to make the video. Sheesh--I'm already planning a video for a product you don't even have yet, LOL!)
01/05/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
Let me rephrase slightly here, so you know what I meant:


It is the larger end of the Intrigue and Incite that is 2", but the larger end of the flogger (Incite) can't be inserted because of the falls. I think you'd get great ... More
There's also the Seduction, then---I don't know whether anybody has tried that from a P-spot perspective, but the larger end of it is 2" as well, and pretty darn marvelous. link
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
Leverage sounds appealing I got one of those Nexus G-rider toys on a recommendation from a friend but it doesn't really do anything for me. I think it must not be hitting quite right, a toy I could adjust the depth, angle, and pressure of would ... More
Hmmm . . . I wonder whether the Revo would work for you since the G Rider doesn't. I had thought about getting the Revo for my husband. I am interested in it because of the rotating head--it reminds me a bit of a rabbit designed for men!
01/05/2012
Research Research
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
That would be awesome (I really overuse that word . . .). I can just imagine the beautiful videos you'd make on these products! (If you do try one, I think you should go to the Redwood Forest to make the video. Sheesh--I'm already ... More
Haha! I am always trying to think of a new place to do a video review. Next time I have a small item assignment during backpacking season I will take it into the Yosemite backcountry or maybe up a mountain. I actually live near a big grove of old growth Sequoia Sempervirens redwoods over near Santa Cruz. I should go there one of these days.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
There's also the Seduction, then---I don't know whether anybody has tried that from a P-spot perspective, but the larger end of it is 2" as well, and pretty darn marvelous. link
You could ask Kindred to try this and let you know how it goes, Research! He recently bought the NobEssence Seduction (aka Smooth S Shape) for his wife.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Research
Haha! I am always trying to think of a new place to do a video review. Next time I have a small item assignment during backpacking season I will take it into the Yosemite backcountry or maybe up a mountain. I actually live near a big grove of old ... More
Sigh. More jealous! The redwoods are incredibly gorgeous.
01/05/2012
Selective Sensualist Selective Sensualist
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
There's also the Seduction, then---I don't know whether anybody has tried that from a P-spot perspective, but the larger end of it is 2" as well, and pretty darn marvelous. link
The Smooth S Shape is my personal favorite NobEssence toy, too. I wonder how difficult it would be to insert the larger end anally since it is a bit more blunt and not tapered. I think the smaller end definitely has potential as a P-spotter though.

Then again, just because I can't imagine inserting the larger end of the Seduction/Smooth S Shape anally doesn't mean it would be out of the question for everyone. (I can't imagine me ever working up to inserting the larger end of the Intrigue anally either--but I am definitely what you would consider to be a wuss in anal play since the Cowboy terrifies me, LOL! And the Intrigue is definitely designed for anal play--though pretty advanced anal play.)
01/05/2012
Research Research
Aha, I see Antipova has some reviews up of the NobEssence toys. I will have to read and watch these and try to come to a decision. I need to step it up on my reviews, I spent all my points and cards during the holiday sales and now I've got nothing left!
01/05/2012
Research Research
Quote:
Originally posted by Selective Sensualist
The Smooth S Shape is my personal favorite NobEssence toy, too. I wonder how difficult it would be to insert the larger end anally since it is a bit more blunt and not tapered. I think the smaller end definitely has potential as a P-spotter though. ... More
To be fair, the Cowboy terrifies almost everyone! I bought it more for the hell of it than from any expectation of being able to use it much. Huge size aside, it's inconvenient to use. It is so big and so long it needs tons of lube, and it falls over sometimes so you have to have towels around. Honestly it's more trouble than it's worth for casual play. I only use it when I can devote a lot of time to it, which isn't often.

The intrigue looks great, if I can track one down somewhere I'd love to get it.
01/05/2012
Total posts: 158
Unique posters: 17