#Workshop - November 14th @ 7:30pm EST: From Raw Pumpkin to Delicious Pie

SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls


So, you have a fresh pumpkin you picked up at the market, and you want to make a pie from it. How exactly does that happen? Can you just stick it in a blender? Do you have to cook it first? How do you get the skin off? Does the type of pumpkin matter? What do you do with the seeds?

Come by on Wednesday, November 14th at 7:30pm EST to learn how to make fabulous pie and a snack from a whole fresh pumpkin. There may even be some trivia and points involved. *wink wink*
11/07/2012
  • Buy 1 Fetish Or Glass Toy Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
Yay! I can't wait! I love pumpkin everything. I'm sure I'll be full of questions!
11/07/2012
no longer here no longer here
Wish I could me here. I've done this a few times myself. Will be sure to check it out after. ~Mrs Scotch
11/07/2012
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
OOooh! I hope to make it!
11/07/2012
Dietlinde Dietlinde
Cool! Can I use a pumpkin that I have already done this to? I think the craft beer would be a nice addition.
11/07/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Now this sounds like a great workshop!
11/07/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Dietlinde
Cool! Can I use a pumpkin that I have already done this to? I think the craft beer would be a nice addition.
LOL, you probably could, BUT, jack-o-lantern pumpkins don't make good pie.
11/07/2012
MeliPixie MeliPixie
OMG I'm off that day! I really, really hope to make it!!!
11/07/2012
Intrepid Niddering Intrepid Niddering
Ha. I've actually got three pumpkins waiting to be roasted right now. Every time I've gone to the grocery store recently I've picked one up. They usually disappear around this time, so I've learnt to not wait until it's closer to Thanksgiving.
11/07/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid Niddering
Ha. I've actually got three pumpkins waiting to be roasted right now. Every time I've gone to the grocery store recently I've picked one up. They usually disappear around this time, so I've learnt to not wait until it's closer to Thanksgiving.
How long do they keep for? *feels like this is a really silly question*
11/08/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
How long do they keep for? *feels like this is a really silly question*
Not a silly question at all! A pumpkin that has been cared for (not left out in the heat or sun, left unopened, and not experienced anything else that would cause it to rapidly degrade, such as freezing then thawing) will last for quite some time. I live in a very humid, warm climate and they have lasted about 3 weeks for me before I have to use them. In other colder, drier climates, I imagine they would last much longer. Keep it cool and dry, and it could last for a few months. My understanding is about 8-12 weeks. Once you cut into them, though, you must use them as soon as possible. You can make the puree and freeze it, but don't just cut into the pumpkin and think you can just leave it that way.
11/08/2012
Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
Not a silly question at all! A pumpkin that has been cared for (not left out in the heat or sun, left unopened, and not experienced anything else that would cause it to rapidly degrade, such as freezing then thawing) will last for quite some time. ... More
Wow thank you sneaks and pearls.. there is a field full of pumpkin across the street that the farms say is too small to sell. i will go get some now.

i can't wait for the workshop.
11/08/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Loriandhubby
Wow thank you sneaks and pearls.. there is a field full of pumpkin across the street that the farms say is too small to sell. i will go get some now.

i can't wait for the workshop.
Make sure they are pie or sugar pumpkins, not jack-o-lantern pumpkins. Those aren't that great.
11/08/2012
travelnurse travelnurse
Dang it I have to work. I will definitely be reading about it after it occurs though!
11/09/2012
Ex-prude Ex-prude
Awesome! I'm just about ready to make pumpkin muffins, too!
11/10/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Bad news: The evening I took the photos, I was so tired I never realized the flash wasn't on, so all the photos came out blurry.

Good news: I'm spending the most of the day today doing it again! I love you all that much.
11/11/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow!
11/13/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Tonight, tonight, tonight!

I'm doing some code testing to make sure everything is working right. Don't be alarmed if things appear and disappear for the next few minutes.
11/14/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
OK, all is well. See you all this evening!
11/14/2012
Ansley Ansley
Seven hours and six minutes folks!
11/14/2012
Ansley Ansley
An hour and a half till kick off!
11/14/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
An hour and a half till kick off!
Not excited, are you, Stormy?

Ok, ok, I may have been doing a countdown in my head since this morning. I admit nothing!
11/14/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
Not excited, are you, Stormy?

Ok, ok, I may have been doing a countdown in my head since this morning. I admit nothing!
Who me? No, not at all. hehehe I looove pumpkin everything! And you're a workshop virgin so I'm excited for you!
11/14/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Who me? No, not at all. hehehe I looove pumpkin everything! And you're a workshop virgin so I'm excited for you!
Oh, so many jokes that can go here! I just can't pick one.

A little over an hour to go!
11/14/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
Oh, so many jokes that can go here! I just can't pick one.

A little over an hour to go!
Peter, Peter...
11/14/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Peter, Peter...
*snort*

20 minutes, people!
11/14/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Ten minutes to go! As people start to wander in, tell me, have you baked any fall/winter goodies so far? Or at least eaten some that someone else made?
11/14/2012
Melan!e Melan!e
I haven't had the chance to do any baking but I did eat pumpkin pie at our thanksgiving dinner!
11/14/2012
SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
Hi there, Melan!e. Welcome!
11/14/2012
Melan!e Melan!e
Thanks! Glad to be here!!
11/14/2012
Total posts: 107
Unique posters: 14