#Workshop - February 7th@ 8pm: Bag Making

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

#Workshop - February 7th@ 8pm: Bag Making

Jul!a Jul!a
Being crafty is something everybody should be able to do. It isn't that hard, you just need a little bit of patience, and for this, some basic sewing knowledge. I'm going to walk you through how to make bags. While these bags will be more akin to purses than toy bags, you can use them for pretty much anything, yes, even for toy storage.

Do you have any old T-shirts laying around that you don't really wear anymore, but just can't bear to part with? Well first on the agenda, I'm going to show you how to turn that shirt into something you can do more than just stare at.

Secondly, I'm going to show you another easy way to make a bag that doesn't require all that much cutting, but a bit more sewing. It sounds complicated, but I promise it's not that bad.

So join me on Monday, February 7th at 8pm est to learn a little bit, ask questions, and just have some fun.

Who's gonna be there?!
02/04/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE! Mix and Match
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Couples!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Her!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Him!
  • Holiday Clearance – Save 80%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kindred Kindred
This sounds great! Can't wait!
02/04/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Oh! SOunds fun! I have to try and remember to be here
02/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Jobthingy
Oh! SOunds fun! I have to try and remember to be here
Put it in that Crackberry of yours
02/04/2011
Laureenm1 Laureenm1
Sounds good, I am a fashion teacher, I am all for making stuff! Hope I can remember that it's 5 on the west coast!
02/04/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Sounds fun!
Will this sewing be by hand or machine?
02/04/2011
xoflxokcxo xoflxokcxo
I'm super excited for this workshop. I hope I won't need a sewing machine since I don't have one, plus I don't really know how to use one.
02/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Sounds fun!
Will this sewing be by hand or machine?
By machine, although you can always do it by hand if you prefer
02/04/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by xoflxokcxo
I'm super excited for this workshop. I hope I won't need a sewing machine since I don't have one, plus I don't really know how to use one.
If you're good with hand sewing, you can always do that instead
02/04/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
By machine, although you can always do it by hand if you prefer
Oh no, I prefer a machine. I was just curious.
02/04/2011
xoflxokcxo xoflxokcxo
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
If you're good with hand sewing, you can always do that instead
Cool. It might come out looking a little busted, but it's worth a shot.
02/05/2011
Redboxbaby Redboxbaby
Looking forward to it! Hopefully, I'll be able to make it.
02/05/2011
Taylor Taylor
Oh nice! I don't have a sewing machine but hopefully I can get a friend to let me use theirs. I'd love to have some toy bags
02/05/2011
namelesschaos namelesschaos
Cool idea, I don't have the skills to do this but still awesome idea.
02/05/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by xoflxokcxo
Cool. It might come out looking a little busted, but it's worth a shot.
You'll get the hang of it after a while
02/05/2011
toxie m toxie m
Oh awesome, I totally have a shortage of bags at the moment so I'm for sure gonna try to make it to this
02/06/2011
Alys Alys
I'm interested! I'm pretty bad at sewing, though
02/06/2011
null null
Hooray for craftiness!
02/06/2011
Lady Godiva Lady Godiva
Looking forward to this. I'll be here. Thanks.
02/06/2011
freshbananas freshbananas
Awesome. I hope I can attend!
02/06/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
It's tonight! Yay!
02/07/2011
Bunnycups Bunnycups
I'm setting an alarm on my phone so I don't forget. Great idea! This will be fun. I love crafts.
02/07/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
I just came up with a great idea for glass storage using a sewing machine and felt, but I'm keeping the how-to to myself because I hope to sell them on Etsy. But it's fun and exciting to make stuff. Looking forward to seeing what you're making!
02/07/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Being crafty is something everybody should be able to do. It isn't that hard, you just need a little bit of patience, and for this, some basic sewing knowledge. I'm going to walk you through how to make bags. While these bags will be more ...
Sounds amazing!
02/07/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Just under 5 hours!
02/07/2011
Gary Gary
For some reason I was stressing the time, thinking this was at 7.
02/07/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
For some reason I was stressing the time, thinking this was at 7.
Don't worry, I freaked out too when I thought I might be running late
02/07/2011
Misfit Momma Misfit Momma
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Don't worry, I freaked out too when I thought I might be running late
Gah. I had it marked down for 7.

Be back later, I hope!
02/07/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Half hour countdown!
02/07/2011
muffles muffles
Hope I can learn something... and not screw it up ;/
02/07/2011
Total posts: 377
Unique posters: 27