#Workshop - January 16th @ 8pm: D.I.Y. Sex Toy Repair

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

#Workshop - January 16th @ 8pm: D.I.Y. Sex Toy Repair

ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by cherryredhead88
So I have an off topic question. What's with the green outline on some avatars? I onticed Gary and Sammi's, is that for staff now?
I think so, Kayden also had one during PC. Hers was pink.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by cherryredhead88
This is a pretty sweet workshop! If only I had a soldiering gun

Luckily I don't need to switch any bullets, yet
Would this work for vibes as well as bullets and eggs?
01/16/2011
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I think so, Kayden also had one during PC. Hers was pink.
Yeah, that is where it started. I added pink to their avatars to help everyone recognize them.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
Would this work for vibes as well as bullets and eggs?
What do you have in mind, it might work.
01/16/2011
cheech1 cheech1
great workshop dwtim thanks for doing such a good job
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
What do you have in mind, it might work.
Nothing in particular. Just for future reference.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Yeah, that is where it started. I added pink to their avatars to help everyone recognize them.
Can I have a purple one? I will beg if I have to.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
OK one down and one to go.

For this one I will show how to use the butt connectors. Just like before, you need to strip the wires, only this time take off an inch or more of the insulation.






Take the exposed wires and fold it like the picture (three times). Place the wire into the butt connector, then use the crimper to crimp the connecter. The first pick shows where to place the connecter for crimping. I like to use the crimper where the red arrow is shown, but note, not all crimpers will look like mine, most look like the area shown by the blue arrow. Either kind will work.








Now, place the other wire into the open end of the connector and crimp. You can wrap this connection with the black tape to keep out any fluids but it is not required.





Place the batteries back in the controller and test.



Now we have a kick ass egg connected to a ass kickin controller with the added benefit of a longer wire.
01/16/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Green = EF higher visibility on the forum and especially in the discussion and events. New people and guests especially don't already know everyone. (Good Question)
Great idea especially for things like porn club etc.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Nothing in particular. Just for future reference. I'll find something that might work, brb.
01/16/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by cherryredhead88
This is a pretty sweet workshop! If only I had a soldiering gun

Luckily I don't need to switch any bullets, yet
I'm not positive, but I believe you can rent them for free from AutoZone. I have rented tons of tools from there, but not a soldering gun. You could look into it.
01/16/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
OK one down and one to go.

For this one I will show how to use the butt connectors. Just like before, you need to strip the wires, only this time take off an inch or more of the insulation.






Take the exposed wires ...
I'm guessing shrink tubing isn't strong enough?
01/16/2011
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I'm not positive, but I believe you can rent them for free from AutoZone. I have rented tons of tools from there, but not a soldering gun. You could look into it.
You can get a basic soldering gun at radio shack for like $10.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
link

Something like that. Would you be able to mix and match with bullets and eggs?
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
sorry double
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
You could also just twist the wires together and tape them. The butt connector will hold it better than twisting and the soldering will be the best.
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
link

Something like that. Would you be able to mix and match with bullets and eggs?
Sure, I don't see why not. You only have to worry if you are putting a AA powered controller on a watch battery vibe. It may be to much power for it.
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Sure, I don't see why not. You only have to worry if you are putting a AA powered controller on a watch battery vibe. It may be to much power for it.
Awesome.
01/16/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Can I have a purple one? I will beg if I have to.
LOLs You always beg
01/16/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
You can get a basic soldering gun at radio shack for like $10.
WAAA? Is that any good though?
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
WAAA? Is that any good though?
It may explain his horror stories.
01/16/2011
Illusional Illusional
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
WAAA? Is that any good though?
That's a good price
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Well thats all I got. Any more questions? Please feel free to post questions as you think of them as I will monitor this thread.

I love tinkering, so if you have an idea, feel free to message me and I will try to help.
01/16/2011
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Sure, I don't see why not. You only have to worry if you are putting a AA powered controller on a watch battery vibe. It may be to much power for it.
What if you put a more powerful controller (say, a 6 AA battery one) on a toy that had an original controller that only used 2 AAs or 2 AAAs? Is it better to keep the new controller's battery count and size close to the old ones?
01/16/2011
Emma (Girl With Fire) Emma (Girl With Fire)
Thanks so much for the workshop!
01/16/2011
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
WAAA? Is that any good though?
I mean... if you just trying to fix a bullet I am sure its fine. The one guy I grew up with fixed everything under the sun with one of those cheap ones when we were in high school. I think the more expensive ones have temperature control and replaceable tips ad still like that.
01/16/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Emma (Girl With Fire)
It may explain his horror stories.
HAHA yea
01/16/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
WAAA? Is that any good though?
I bought one there, paid $15 for it 15 years ago and it still works good. But you never know.
01/16/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Way to workshop it up Tim! Great job!
01/16/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Well thats all I got. Any more questions? Please feel free to post questions as you think of them as I will monitor this thread.

I love tinkering, so if you have an idea, feel free to message me and I will try to help.
Just the one about the shrink tubing. I don't have any butt connectors, but I know those are cheap.
01/16/2011
Total posts: 272
Unique posters: 36