#Workshop - April 13th @ 7pm: Lube Compatibility

ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
Are you using better quality lubes? Maybe that has something to do with it too..
For the oil, I used one cheap and one more expensive and the Vaseline. For silicone I used my favorite (good quality) and a 'so cheap I only use it for shaving' one.
04/13/2011
Misfit Momma Misfit Momma
Here I was hoping to see these toys melted into a puddle of goo!
04/13/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
this has been SO INTERESTING!
04/13/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
For the oil, I used one cheap and one more expensive and the Vaseline. For silicone I used my favorite (good quality) and a 'so cheap I only use it for shaving' one.
Wow! Thanks for the info. I definately learned not to store my toys together...I would cry if mine melted...*super sad face*
04/13/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
Good point & I certainly wouldn't go around putting oil on silicone (did I get it right?) but it does seem a bit exaggerated in these particular cases. And yes, spot checking expensive toys is an excellent idea & one I hadn't thought ... More
Oil or silicone on silicone CAN cause a melting type reaction though I have noticed it more when the toy is in contact with sunlight. My bedside table is in direct sunlight part of the day and this was where my Bubbles sat getting all spotty. Perhaps the sun acts like a catalyst to the reaction...
04/13/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Misfit Momma
Here I was hoping to see these toys melted into a puddle of goo!
I know right? Me too. Maybe I need to set on on fire and make a video. lol
04/13/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Oil or silicone on silicone CAN cause a melting type reaction though I have noticed it more when the toy is in contact with sunlight. My bedside table is in direct sunlight part of the day and this was where my Bubbles sat getting all spotty. Perhaps ... More
interesting theory...

OH TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM MMMMMMM!
04/13/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
interesting theory...



OH TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM MMMMMMM!
Lol!
04/13/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I know right? Me too. Maybe I need to set on on fire and make a video. lol
THIS!
04/13/2011
Vaccinium Vaccinium
I've got to run. Thanks, Tim for all your effort on doing the study and putting together this workshop! You did a great job.
04/13/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I know right? Me too. Maybe I need to set on on fire and make a video. lol
There ya go....sand blasting might be cool as well. I have no idea how useful it would be except for those people who live in the desert...but still!
You should make this MythBusters style: Something needs to blow up!
04/13/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Oil or silicone on silicone CAN cause a melting type reaction though I have noticed it more when the toy is in contact with sunlight. My bedside table is in direct sunlight part of the day and this was where my Bubbles sat getting all spotty. Perhaps ... More
Oh, good thought! All of these were stored in the closet were it was out of the sun and cool. Maybe heat plays a big part.
04/13/2011
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Oil or silicone on silicone CAN cause a melting type reaction though I have noticed it more when the toy is in contact with sunlight. My bedside table is in direct sunlight part of the day and this was where my Bubbles sat getting all spotty. Perhaps ... More
Uh huh... Tim.. I think we need a round 2!!
04/13/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
There ya go....sand blasting might be cool as well. I have no idea how useful it would be except for those people who live in the desert...but still!

You should make this MythBusters style: Something needs to blow up!
Hahaha, and Tim is the man to do it!
04/13/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaccinium
I've got to run. Thanks, Tim for all your effort on doing the study and putting together this workshop! You did a great job.
Thanks man. See ya later.
04/13/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Oh, good thought! All of these were stored in the closet were it was out of the sun and cool. Maybe heat plays a big part.
Could be that as well there IS a vent directly over my tables in my bedroom...
04/13/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
OK, so everyone wants to see a UR3 and Rubber dil burn?
04/13/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Thanks for taking the time to do these to show us
04/13/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
There ya go....sand blasting might be cool as well. I have no idea how useful it would be except for those people who live in the desert...but still!

You should make this MythBusters style: Something needs to blow up!
oh I love MythBusters!
04/13/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
OK, so everyone wants to see a UR3 and Rubber dil burn?
YES!
04/13/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
OK, so everyone wants to see a UR3 and Rubber dil burn?
*looks around expectedly*


You had to ask that? lol
04/13/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Oh, good thought! All of these were stored in the closet were it was out of the sun and cool. Maybe heat plays a big part.
Well you at the very least showed that lub itself might not always be the culprit and you probably won't ruin your toys with the occasional play and clean up later.
Now we can move into whether it's sunlight or heat that effects the melting of the toys.
04/13/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
OK, so everyone wants to see a UR3 and Rubber dil burn?
Ummmm duh?
04/13/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Ummmm duh?
Just don;t want it to be MY UR3 and Rubber toys ROFL
04/13/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Raise your hand if you're going to be consulting this thread before your next review!

*raises hand*
04/13/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Here is a master list taken from EF. It is a pain to find all this info, on the fly, so I compiled it for all my EF loves.

Materials that can be used with all lubes;

Agate
Aluminum
Aventurine
Ceramic *
Chrome Alloy
Crystalessence
E-Glass or Cyberglass
Metal
Plastic
Pyrex glass and Tempered Glass
Sandstone *
Silicone *
Semi-Precious stone
Stainless Steel
Sterling Silver
Stone *

*= Site does not say compatible with Oil based, but I see no reason why you can not use it. As an example, Silicone is used for bake ware where we use oil, same with ceramic and stone. Now, this only pertains to material safety, as in it will not damage the toy.

Materials compatible with Silicone/Water based lubes

Acrylic aka Lucite
AquaGel aka Jelly and Jel-Lee
Better than Real
Elsatomed
Elastomer
Food Grade PVC
Intramed
Lacquer Cote
Latex
Non-Porous TPR
Polyurethane (PU) and PU coated Plastic
PVC
Rubber and Rubber cote aka Velvet Cote
Sil-A-Gel
TPE and TPR
Velvet Cote
Vinyl and Vinyl Rubber
WTP
04/13/2011
Misfit Momma Misfit Momma
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyAurora
I wonder how their O2 would fare.
One of my O2 toys is the only silicone toy in my collection that has damage. I don't even know what it is from, but it has several marks that weren't there when it was new.
04/13/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Raise your hand if you're going to be consulting this thread before your next review!



*raises hand*
*raises hand also*
04/13/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by BBW Talks Toys
Raise your hand if you're going to be consulting this thread before your next review!



*raises hand*
Well I think I might modify my warnings to a spot test your toys first type thing.
04/13/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Well I think I might modify my warnings to a spot test your toys first type thing.
I thought about that too
04/13/2011
Total posts: 276
Unique posters: 32