#Workshop - February 1st @ 8pm: Eden Personal Stores Basics

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

#Workshop - February 1st @ 8pm: Eden Personal Stores Basics

Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
That's great info, Shell I know a lot of people want to be sure to get a good host for their site and/or store.
I think the 20% off is for all new accounts. Just a little welcoming bonus.
I would have gone for 2yrs for that price if I had of been able to afford it.
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
I think the 20% off is for all new accounts. Just a little welcoming bonus.
I would have gone for 2yrs for that price if I had of been able to afford it.
Ooh, that's a nice deal! *takes notes*
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
A2. Okay, now that you're browsing EdenFantasys in My Store mode, the fun begins! It's time to visit some product pages and add them to your store. Just visit a product page, and click the “Add to My Store” button on the navigation bar, next to where it says “My Store.”

Add to my store

Here are some suggestions:

Waterproof Turbo Glider vibrator
Bent Graduate
Tenga Flip Hole

After you click the “Add to My Store” button, it should change to say “Added.” That means you've added the product to your “My Store” list of products.

Go ahead and add a few other products to your store. You can always disable a product later, and it won't show up in your store anymore.
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Just chime in if things don't make sense or if I need to clarify something. I don't want to move on and leave something unclear
02/01/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
A2. Okay, now that you're browsing EdenFantasys in My Store mode, the fun begins! It's time to visit some product pages and add them to your store. Just visit a product page, and click the “Add to My Store” button on the navigation bar, next ...
That seems pretty easy to do.
Sort of the same way as adding them when ya want to make ya affiliate widgets, right? Only, they will show up in ya store...
02/01/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
So far it seems pretty easy. I'm sure I'll be asking you tons of questions if I ever make my own tho, lol
02/01/2011
donnak4 donnak4
Ok so far.
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
That seems pretty easy to do.
Sort of the same way as adding them when ya want to make ya affiliate widgets, right? Only, they will show up in ya store...
Yes! It's like when you add stuff to affiliate widgets. But the products don't go to your store instantly, they go to the My Store page. That's in the next step
02/01/2011
kawigrl kawigrl
can you use regular blogs or do you have to own your own domain?
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
A3. Now it's time to use the Synchronization feature of the stores. The Synchronization feature connects your EdenFantasys account to your Eden Personal Store account, and makes sure that your store gets populated with the products you choose. In the last step, you selected a few products to add to your store. Those products were placed on the “My Store” page in your account.

To view the products you've selected for your store, click on the My Store button on the navigation bar. This brings up a page of the products you've selected. Here's an example:

My store example

Click on the “Synchronize” button on the right side of the My Store page. The products you've added will now be added to your catalog.
02/01/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
I am curious to know how many people will only have the items they have tried and how many will add other items too.

I'm only planning to have the items I have tried in the main part so I can offer any advise to others about certain toys.

But kinda thinking of having a section on toys I'd really like to try as well
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by kawigrl
can you use regular blogs or do you have to own your own domain?
You need to have your own domain and hosting because you have to put files onto your server. Blogspot and Wordpress.com blogs (and other free blogs) don't allow you to host a store on them.
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
I am curious to know how many people will only have the items they have tried and how many will add other items too.

I'm only planning to have the items I have tried in the main part so I can offer any advise to others about certain toys. ...
I was wondering that, too, Shell! I think it's great to have products you've tried, but there are a lot of tried-and-true products enjoyed by a lot of other people that I haven't tried, yanno? I still might want to carry some of them. It's all up to you!
02/01/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
A3. Now it's time to use the Synchronization feature of the stores. The Synchronization feature connects your EdenFantasys account to your Eden Personal Store account, and makes sure that your store gets populated with the products you choose. In ...
Ahhhhh. Cool.
02/01/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
I was wondering that, too, Shell! I think it's great to have products you've tried, but there are a lot of tried-and-true products enjoyed by a lot of other people that I haven't tried, yanno? I still might want to carry some of them. ...
Like almost any Liberator piece?
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Oh, extra tidbit: The Synchronize button is useful for adding products to your store quickly but the Synchronize feature runs automatically, once every hour. So anything you add to the "My Store" page will make it to your store in a little while, but you can manually make the items appear very quickly with the Synchronize button.
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Like almost any Liberator piece?
Ha! Yes! But I've tried a couple of them, so I could vouch for those at least
02/01/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
I was wondering that, too, Shell! I think it's great to have products you've tried, but there are a lot of tried-and-true products enjoyed by a lot of other people that I haven't tried, yanno? I still might want to carry some of them. ...
I think if I just put what I have tried, the toys would be limited so I will do a section on un-explored toys...hehehe.
02/01/2011
donnak4 donnak4
Can the buyer go to other items from your main site linking from my store?
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
I think if I just put what I have tried, the toys would be limited so I will do a section on un-explored toys...hehehe.
And you can always update your product description to reflect your opinion of the toys. For instance:

Initially: This one looks awesome, and I bet it'd be a lot like...

Later on: This toy is really great, I've had it for a few months now and found it works well with...
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by donnak4
Can the buyer go to other items from your main site linking from my store?
Yes! If you have an EdenFantasys banner or a link somewhere on the page, they can get to Eden from your store. They also get to EdenFantasys when they checkout (at least, right now that's how things are).

You still earn commission on items they buy at EdenFantasys.com if you refer them with your affiliate link or through your store.
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
A4. Check to see that your products have appeared in your store by going to the Catalog tab in your store's admin. New products appear at the bottom of the list, so be sure to check at the bottom of the page for new stuff! Here's what my catalog looked like after adding those products:

Catalog
02/01/2011
TheSinDoll TheSinDoll
I need to ask some stupid questions.... My blog is on wordpress. I just got my own domain through gandi. I don't know what to do now. Do I need to create a new blog somewhere else? How do I hook up my blog to my host and all of that to my domain that says it's forbidden?
02/01/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Howdy guys. I'm kind of dealing with shotty internet over here because of a snow storm!
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by TheSinDoll
I need to ask some stupid questions.... My blog is on wordpress. I just got my own domain through gandi. I don't know what to do now. Do I need to create a new blog somewhere else? How do I hook up my blog to my host and all of that to my domain ...
I don't think you would need to create another blog somewhere else. You should be able to transfer your blog to your server, especially if it's already on Wordpress. That's not my area of expertise, though, but there are probably tutorials available online at Wordpress.com's or Wordpress.org's support area.
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Howdy guys. I'm kind of dealing with shotty internet over here because of a snow storm!
Eeep! I hope you are doing ok Glad you could make it!
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
This concludes the first section of the Workshop! We're actually ahead of schedule, wow. I don't want to post things too fast but y'all seem to be keeping up well.

Are there any questions before we move on to Creating Categories?
02/01/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
Eeep! I hope you are doing ok Glad you could make it!
Thanks! Other than being trapped with 20 more inches of snow on the way...good!

Great job so far! When I get to these steps I feel that you've totally mapped it out for me plain and simple. Much appreciated!
02/01/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
This concludes the first section of the Workshop! We're actually ahead of schedule, wow. I don't want to post things too fast but y'all seem to be keeping up well.

Are there any questions before we move on to Creating Categories?
Yay for being productive!
02/01/2011
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
Thanks! Other than being trapped with 20 more inches of snow on the way...good!

Great job so far! When I get to these steps I feel that you've totally mapped it out for me plain and simple. Much appreciated!
You're welcome. I've really tried to make these steps clear so people don't feel overwhelmed by the process.
02/01/2011
Total posts: 227
Unique posters: 25