#Workshop - October 26th: "Influences and Goals"

Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Are you going to be making winter toy video reviews?
I suppose so---we've got some pine trees where I'm at... I actually just moved for the season to so there'll be no more pretty lake!

I'm a sucker for scenery though, so I'll still be outdoors
10/26/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Evening all!
Hey bud, whatsup?
10/26/2011
Kkay Kkay
Here's a question. I've heard arguments for both sides and know where I fall, but what about including information that is available on the product page? Is it a must-do?
10/26/2011
Antipova Antipova
Hi Kindred!
10/26/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Here's a forum thread that shows you how to add pictures to reviews. It's one of many, just the first one I picked.
10/26/2011
Rarity Rarity
Congratulations to you all!
10/26/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Kkay
Here's a question. I've heard arguments for both sides and know where I fall, but what about including information that is available on the product page? Is it a must-do?
Information on the product page is not required in reviews. Having said that, the current attitude in the community is that many will rate a review lower if it does not contain all information as a one stop spot for information.
10/26/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Kkay
Here's a question. I've heard arguments for both sides and know where I fall, but what about including information that is available on the product page? Is it a must-do?
It's not a must. Some people like it, other's don't. Just do what works best for you and what you think would be the best for the person reading the review.

I don't include measurements, but I do try to put in pictures that show relative sizes, usually a can of soda.
10/26/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Kkay
Here's a question. I've heard arguments for both sides and know where I fall, but what about including information that is available on the product page? Is it a must-do?
Good question, one that has no real answer. Some want to see it some don't care.

I, for one, like to have all the info on the review, it saves me from going back and forth from the product page.
10/26/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Kkay
Here's a question. I've heard arguments for both sides and know where I fall, but what about including information that is available on the product page? Is it a must-do?
I always include it, but not just "copying off the product page." I say "something like "this is silicone, which is awesome because of [cleaning and care, texture, firmness]" or "this is 1.5", so not too far off from the average American male" or "this is 3 inches across---like a pop can!"

It's all important information---but it's how the nitty gritty details affect use that are what people really want to hear.

I think, anyway.
10/26/2011
oldman oldman
@Kk--I find that if a reviewer includes some info from the product specs in the review it is helpful so I am not going back and forth to answer a question I may have. For example, with a penis sleeve, it is always helpful to have the size noted, along with material and internal texture. Just a brief wink and a nod to those specs.
10/26/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
For me, it's pictures.

Because of the ease of adding your own pictures to reviews, it helps me out 10x more than reading dimensions. But that's me...
10/26/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Information on the product page is not required in reviews. Having said that, the current attitude in the community is that many will rate a review lower if it does not contain all information as a one stop spot for information.
I think my thread about it stirred up the topic and I feel bad about that. But I had some folks contact me on the reviews and privately - telling me that I needed to add that when I did my first review (pre-mentor) - so I assumed it was necessary and added that information to my reviews. In addition, my mentors seemed to feel like it was a very good thing to do.

For me, because I am new to toys, and I often come across a review before looking at the product page - that is important to me (but I did give one product EU without the measurements because I got so caught up in the description that I just had to vote that way).
10/26/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
I forgot to say that of the size or material is different from the product page it is a great idea to mention it and note the difference.
10/26/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
I think my thread about it stirred up the topic and I feel bad about that. But I had some folks contact me on the reviews and privately - telling me that I needed to add that when I did my first review (pre-mentor) - so I assumed it was necessary ... More
How a review is rated is completely up to the individual. Presumably everyone has their own criteria for rating. My person feeling is that as long as you are consistent within your own ranking system, you are being completely fair.
10/26/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
My question to all of you: How often do you check out EdenTube?
10/26/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
My question to all of you: How often do you check out EdenTube?
Almost every day, although I wish it were better integrated into the main EF site.
10/26/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I forgot to say that of the size or material is different from the product page it is a great idea to mention it and note the difference.
Or you can send me an email about it and I can have it looked at.
10/26/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Newbie here - never saw it before - looks neat.
10/26/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
For me, it's pictures.

Because of the ease of adding your own pictures to reviews, it helps me out 10x more than reading dimensions. But that's me...
Sometimes that is the only way to convey the size. The Hoss is bigger than it sounds. When I put two pop cans next to it, and it was still bigger, it really hit home. Well, my ass too.
10/26/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Almost every day, although I wish it were better integrated into the main EF site.
Agreed!

I'd love it if the comments on EdenTube were tied to the on-site profiles
10/26/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Newbie here - never saw it before - looks neat.
check it out sometime! There are lots of cool videos!
10/26/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Sometimes that is the only way to convey the size. The Hoss is bigger than it sounds. When I put two pop cans next to it, and it was still bigger, it really hit home. Well, my ass too.
I was shocked you got the hoss after seeing RedBoxBaby's review on it...wow. I think that was one of the first video reviews I'd ever seen - WOW.
10/26/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Sometimes that is the only way to convey the size. The Hoss is bigger than it sounds. When I put two pop cans next to it, and it was still bigger, it really hit home. Well, my ass too.
Yeah, I think the Cowboy is like 3-4 cans of soda tall/long
10/26/2011
Kkay Kkay
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Agreed!

I'd love it if the comments on EdenTube were tied to the on-site profiles
I agree with this completely. I'd watch it more often if I found it easier to navigate through.
10/26/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Agreed!

I'd love it if the comments on EdenTube were tied to the on-site profiles
I also wish it were either better organized by categories or could be searched more efficiently. I also don't understand how the "top rated" category works. It seems very arbitrary.
10/26/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Yeah, I think the Cowboy is like 3-4 cans of soda tall/long
Holy Crap - and I thought the cherry scented vibrator that is a foot long was huge! It's 2" and I'm still working up to it!
10/26/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
My question to all of you: How often do you check out EdenTube?
I check for new vid's all the time but only go to EdenTube once or twice a week. Mostly cuz I have not done a vid in awhile. But, I have three planned, one for the new Tenga 3D, one for the Fleshlight frankenstein and one for the Jopen Vr9.
10/26/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I check for new vid's all the time but only go to EdenTube once or twice a week. Mostly cuz I have not done a vid in awhile. But, I have three planned, one for the new Tenga 3D, one for the Fleshlight frankenstein and one for the Jopen Vr9.
Apparently your penis and asspussy have been very busy of late.
10/26/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
My question to all of you: How often do you check out EdenTube?
I bop over occasionally, but it's more common for me to just watch things hosted on EdenTube on the main site. I'm with Kindred---if it were a bit more smoothly integrated I'd be over there more often.
10/26/2011
Total posts: 431
Unique posters: 19