#Workshop - Aug 24th - Mentor Program: Tips, Tricks, and To-do's

Antipova Antipova
The only thing I can think of adding is an extra reminder for any flexible toy, to have the review squeeze and flex it onscreen! That's the biggest thing I'm curious about in video reviews, and not everybody does it
08/24/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
We discussed video reviews today in a meeting. I'm going to be doing some tweaking to make them easier to understand.
08/24/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
was it a review or an adult video? the adult videos dont need to be a review
To be honest I'm not sure. But even as an adult video, you couldn't see anything at all just black grainy room and a few other random body parts barely. I think there should be some sort of camera or quality to things, Im not talking go get a fancy camera but I dunno, Im just rambling I guess.
08/24/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
The only thing I can think of adding is an extra reminder for any flexible toy, to have the review squeeze and flex it onscreen! That's the biggest thing I'm curious about in video reviews, and not everybody does it
that has been surprisingly useful, i've found
08/24/2011
Miss Voluptuous Miss Voluptuous
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
The only thing I can think of adding is an extra reminder for any flexible toy, to have the review squeeze and flex it onscreen! That's the biggest thing I'm curious about in video reviews, and not everybody does it
That is so true. It's one of the #1 things to watch a video for.
08/24/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Question for the video reviewers present: How do you feel about the guidelines for video reviews? Are the adequate? Too much? Not enough? Confusing?
I don't have a problem with them. That may just be cuz I have been doing them forever. lol

One thing I would like to see is time limits enforced a bit more. I understand that some products require the extra time but there have been a few where I felt they were trying to make the video a complete review. six or seven minutes on a dildo is just to much.
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Question for the video reviewers present: How do you feel about the guidelines for video reviews? Are the adequate? Too much? Not enough? Confusing?
On the subject of video reviews, I'm so confused. When can you submit one? I keep getting differing info. What requirements have to be met before submitting one?
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
We discussed video reviews today in a meeting. I'm going to be doing some tweaking to make them easier to understand.
What do you mean by easy to understand? Like how to do them in the first place?

Hi all!
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
that has been surprisingly useful, i've found
I just figured out how to do this and will be adding little gifs to my reviews.
08/24/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I don't have a problem with them. That may just be cuz I have been doing them forever. lol

One thing I would like to see is time limits enforced a bit more. I understand that some products require the extra time but there have been a few ... More
We don't really have a set limit for time on a review. But long reviews are definitely a bane to me. I have to watch the whole thing and I think I have ADD or something...oh shiny!
08/24/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I don't have a problem with them. That may just be cuz I have been doing them forever. lol

One thing I would like to see is time limits enforced a bit more. I understand that some products require the extra time but there have been a few ... More
Your videos are always great!
08/24/2011
Kindred Kindred
Hello all, sorry I totally missed the meeting.
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I don't have a problem with them. That may just be cuz I have been doing them forever. lol

One thing I would like to see is time limits enforced a bit more. I understand that some products require the extra time but there have been a few ... More
Same here. Second nature now.
08/24/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
What do you mean by easy to understand? Like how to do them in the first place?

Hi all!
They kinda read like a text wall to me. I thought breaking it down to bullet points would make them easier to understand/work with.
08/24/2011
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
I think some people need to post more. I seen a video earlier where it was really really dark, and just the toy being used off screen. So all you saw was black and moaning. And I didn't find it useful at all, and it seemed like there should be a ... More
Did it have a lady with a hat on and a disclaimer at the beginning? Those are a different type of video review. For those the idea is to show them in use.
08/24/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I don't have a problem with them. That may just be cuz I have been doing them forever. lol

One thing I would like to see is time limits enforced a bit more. I understand that some products require the extra time but there have been a few ... More
Agreed. Although at the same time I feel bad when a video of mine is only like, a minute on the dildo lol.
08/24/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Hello all, sorry I totally missed the meeting.
Someone spank Kindred for being late!
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by sweetkitty
It is a citoral vibe, and it uses watch batteries. I did find it is GREAT for fore-play but that is all, it just was a let down for solo. I just got frustrated.
And the other one uses the same batteries and has the same # of vrooms? If that's the case, forget it. Do something you're at least going to get pleasure out of. Though, of course, reviews that aren't positive about the toy are just as useful as a glowing review. Helps me rule out items, at the very least. Sometimes entire lines or companies, lol. Or, decide that while the product didn't work for the reviewer, their issues with it arent' going to affect me as profoundly so it's still a contender.
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
On the subject of video reviews, I'm so confused. When can you submit one? I keep getting differing info. What requirements have to be met before submitting one?
You need to talk to Carrie and and ask if you can be in the program. She may have you do one on a trail basis to see if you do them well enough. You also have to ask her if an item is eligible for a video review. If you just do them and there isn't a video needed, you won't get a gift card.
08/24/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Someone spank Kindred for being late!
You know that's just going to encourage me to be late all the time!
08/24/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
On the subject of video reviews, I'm so confused. When can you submit one? I keep getting differing info. What requirements have to be met before submitting one?
If you go to your public profile and scroll down the right hand side, you'll see a link for "Video Review Guidelines".

You can submit videos at any time, but you'll prolly want to hold off until you feel more comfortable around the site and watch a few. You could even find a Mentor to help you with video reviews too!
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
We don't really have a set limit for time on a review. But long reviews are definitely a bane to me. I have to watch the whole thing and I think I have ADD or something...oh shiny!
Mine used to be longer. I think 2-3 minutes is good for most products. Some need even less.
08/24/2011
Miss Voluptuous Miss Voluptuous
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
They kinda read like a text wall to me. I thought breaking it down to bullet points would make them easier to understand/work with.
That would definitely make them more ADD-friendly

Yea that's a good idea actually. Because I read the whole thing when starting out, but occasionally have to re-visit for just one little bit of info. Having them bullet point would make facts easier to find.
08/24/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
We don't really have a set limit for time on a review. But long reviews are definitely a bane to me. I have to watch the whole thing and I think I have ADD or something...oh shiny!
Sorry about the times mine are long I think they only go over 4 minutes when I'm comparing a couple of toys (like my teardrop plug review)... hope they're not *too* ADD-inducing. Anyway, I always try to squeeze and flex the toy right away so people don't have to watch the rest if they don't want to

PS: What are other folks' "Number 1 reasons to watch a video review"?
08/24/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
Did it have a lady with a hat on and a disclaimer at the beginning? Those are a different type of video review. For those the idea is to show them in use.
I dont remember, but like I said earlier even if it is a grainy dark room where you see nothing it shouldn't count. It felt like phone sex, lol just noises in the dark.
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Voluptuous
I did, actually.

link
Ooh, I remember glancing over that and forgetting to bookmark it! It's awesome, though, what I remember! How creative! Now officially in my DIY bookmark folder! TY!
08/24/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
On the subject of video reviews, I'm so confused. When can you submit one? I keep getting differing info. What requirements have to be met before submitting one?
Here are the video review guidelines: link
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
If you go to your public profile and scroll down the right hand side, you'll see a link for "Video Review Guidelines".

You can submit videos at any time, but you'll prolly want to hold off until you feel more comfortable ... More
Really? When did they change this? I thoguht all videos had to be approved by Carrie Ann still as always. ?
08/24/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
You need to talk to Carrie and and ask if you can be in the program. She may have you do one on a trail basis to see if you do them well enough. You also have to ask her if an item is eligible for a video review. If you just do them and there ... More
Kayla or Carrie Ann.

They're the ones working on it now. I'm just the guy who makes sure the title, description, and tags work and are formatted correctly.
08/24/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Sorry about the times mine are long I think they only go over 4 minutes when I'm comparing a couple of toys (like my teardrop plug review)... hope they're not *too* ADD-inducing. Anyway, I always try to squeeze and flex the toy right away so ... More
Comparisons and things with a lot of features are good reasons for longer videos, so as long as it's not you umming and ahhing and giving an entire written review in video form, you'll be fine.

And the number 1 reason I watch video reviews is to get a better look at the product. That's been the determining factor in more than one purchase lol.
08/24/2011
Total posts: 293
Unique posters: 26