#Workshop - Aug 24th - Mentor Program: Tips, Tricks, and To-do's

  • Christmas shipping schedule
  • 20% OFF sitewide — Code: ENJOY20

#Workshop - Aug 24th - Mentor Program: Tips, Tricks, and To-do's

ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Well, I'm in a Tornado watch/warning now...G'night all!

If anyone has any more questions, please don't hesitate to send me an on-site message or bug Sam (who enjoys bugging other staffers).

Be safe!
Take care JR, hope the storm passes.
08/24/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
I dont remember, but like I said earlier even if it is a grainy dark room where you see nothing it shouldn't count. It felt like phone sex, lol just noises in the dark.
the dark room ones can be very very sexy, kindred and some others have submitted dark room ones.
08/24/2011
Miss Voluptuous Miss Voluptuous
Alright, y'all. I'm taking off too. See you at porn club if not before then!
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
Heeey, Lauren! Good to see ya, hun!
Hey Kake! How are ya?
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
We don't really have a set limit for time on a review. But long reviews are definitely a bane to me. I have to watch the whole thing and I think I have ADD or something...oh shiny!
I do have ADD and you have NO IDEA how many times I've had to watch a vid review 2-6 times b/c of shiny things, lol. And that's even with Kayla and Carrie's videos and whatnot.
08/24/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
the dark room ones can be very very sexy, kindred and some others have submitted dark room ones.
lol I do dark room videos because my wife doesn't want people to see the mess our room can be in.
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I know. I was explaining why I posted it in the first place.
It was obvious.
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Hello all, sorry I totally missed the meeting.
Heyas, hun! Does that mean we get to punish you? ;P
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
Do tell more... tease
NEVER! LMAO
08/24/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
Heyas, hun! Does that mean we get to punish you? ;P
We've already covered that, and I insist!
08/24/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Well, I'm in a Tornado watch/warning now...G'night all!

If anyone has any more questions, please don't hesitate to send me an on-site message or bug Sam (who enjoys bugging other staffers).

Be safe!
be safe JR!!
08/24/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
the dark room ones can be very very sexy, kindred and some others have submitted dark room ones.
Kindreds are great. This was just really underwhelming all around. Ill just drop it only because I dont want to see rude. Im really not trying to be.
08/24/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
lol I do dark room videos because my wife doesn't want people to see the mess our room can be in.
Haha! This is yet another good reason to go outside! (My main reason is poor lighting inside, though.)
08/24/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
I do have ADD and you have NO IDEA how many times I've had to watch a vid review 2-6 times b/c of shiny things, lol. And that's even with Kayla and Carrie's videos and whatnot.
I'm going to go finish my three reviews and get outta here, but you can totally message me!
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
You need to talk to Carrie and and ask if you can be in the program. She may have you do one on a trail basis to see if you do them well enough. You also have to ask her if an item is eligible for a video review. If you just do them and there ...
Gotcha. Question 2 regarding videos: for those of you who do do them, did you make any practice ones, just for yourself, before contacting Carrie? I was thinking, while I work on more written ones, I might try making a couple for practice and to see if I "have what it takes" so to speak.
08/24/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I'm going to go finish my three reviews and get outta here, but you can totally message me!
People that can bang out multiple reviews at a time totally amaze and impress me. I take forever on each one.
08/24/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
Gotcha. Question 2 regarding videos: for those of you who do do them, did you make any practice ones, just for yourself, before contacting Carrie? I was thinking, while I work on more written ones, I might try making a couple for practice and to see ...
It certainly can't hurt to do a couple of practice ones and compare them to ones that you think are really great
08/24/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
lol I do dark room videos because my wife doesn't want people to see the mess our room can be in.
I find it sexier, because theres no shineys to distract me lol
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
You know that's just going to encourage me to be late all the time!
Ha! Yeah, I was late too... if someone had offered to spank me for being late it would totally be Pavlovian conditioning ot ALWAYS be late! Well, wait, I'm *almost* always late anyway! hehehe.
08/24/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Kake aka PoeticErotica
Gotcha. Question 2 regarding videos: for those of you who do do them, did you make any practice ones, just for yourself, before contacting Carrie? I was thinking, while I work on more written ones, I might try making a couple for practice and to see ...
I didn't, and honestly I'm sure you will do fine. One thing I would suggest is to literally write out your script or at least bullet points for discussion so you aren't struggling at any time. I write mine out like a speech and blow it up on the laptop to read.
08/24/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
People that can bang out multiple reviews at a time totally amaze and impress me. I take forever on each one.
Lol, you'd be overwhelmed at my review list right now. I think I have 13 or so reviews that are finished, but not published. I had some time one day and started writing a bunch of them, but didn't want to publish them all at once because I didn't wanna overwhelm the community page and then they kinda just grew lol.
08/24/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Kindreds are great. This was just really underwhelming all around. Ill just drop it only because I dont want to see rude. Im really not trying to be.
I understand what you are saying, there are some bad videos out there but I would hate to see a ban on dark videos because there are some who do amazing videos in the dark
08/24/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Lol, you'd be overwhelmed at my review list right now. I think I have 13 or so reviews that are finished, but not published. I had some time one day and started writing a bunch of them, but didn't want to publish them all at once because I ...
I typically only do one at a time. When I just took two DR reviews it almost killed me with stress lol. I like to think over my review for a good long while before I actually write them.
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
If you go to your public profile and scroll down the right hand side, you'll see a link for "Video Review Guidelines".

You can submit videos at any time, but you'll prolly want to hold off until you feel more comfortable ...
Thank you so much! Well, I do have a mentor and have been around the site for a bit, just been having comp trouble lately, and rl or some complication with the products I plan to review (one had one of its motors die, one got lost, and so on and so forth), keep keeping me from writing more. However, I'm hoping to submit another one by the end of the weekend at the latest!
08/24/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I typically only do one at a time. When I just took two DR reviews it almost killed me with stress lol. I like to think over my review for a good long while before I actually write them.
yeah, I am feeling a little overwhelmed juggling a toy review and the porn club, but I am stressed irl I'm sure it will be easier once things calm down here
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Sorry about the times mine are long I think they only go over 4 minutes when I'm comparing a couple of toys (like my teardrop plug review)... hope they're not *too* ADD-inducing. Anyway, I always try to squeeze and flex the toy right away so ...
POWER! LOL. That and the reviewer.
08/24/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I typically only do one at a time. When I just took two DR reviews it almost killed me with stress lol. I like to think over my review for a good long while before I actually write them.
Oh you poor thing! lol.

It sometimes takes me a while to get each review written, but when they sit for a while before getting published I get even more time to go back and change them up, which is totally awesome.
08/24/2011
Kake aka PoeticErotica Kake aka PoeticErotica
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Here are the video review guidelines: link
Oooh! YAY! TYSM, Kindred!
08/24/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Yeah, this is what I'm in now weather trouble
08/24/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Yeah, this is what I'm in now weather trouble
keep safe, stay away from windows
08/24/2011
Total posts: 293
Unique posters: 26