#Workshop - July 27th @ 7pm: "Finding your fit".

Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I'm so sad they're discontinued. At least I have 2.
I was trying to save up for one
07/27/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by sexyintexas
Are they gone???!!!!
I dunno. I ordered one (in pink, the only ones left in stock) when we were told on the "What Should Eden Carry for July 2011" thread an Admin told us there were going to be discontinued. I hope I get mine before they are all gone.
07/27/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
Airen suggested that I should look into the descriptive review program. How is it different from the regular review program?
oh yeah...
8. DR program (Description Review)
07/27/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
what're those?
I think they're talking about the Devine Playchest. I snagged one on buyout that I hope gets stocked. Looks like peeps have been snatching them up today!
07/27/2011
Sage Amomstruth.com Sage Amomstruth.com
Okay... so as a complete newbie... where is the best place to get started. I have my own blog, so I don't have any restrictions there. How do I know what will be the *best fit* for me.
07/27/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
what're those?
Divine Playchests are apparently discontinued.
07/27/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
what're those?
the devine toychest
07/27/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I think they're talking about the Devine Playchest. I snagged one on buyout that I hope gets stocked. Looks like peeps have been snatching them up today!
oh yeah! Those go out fast!

People love their toy storage.

Tuesday just did a video review on the Sportsheets hide a toy in a pillow thing.
07/27/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
oh yeah...
8. DR program (Description Review)
I LOVE the DR program. Suits my non-romantic personality. "The facts and nuthin' but the facts, Ma'am." I don't know why I didn't' sign up sooner.
07/27/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Kewl! I have to look into it. Thank you, Sam. I'm pretty naive about blogging, but I always have something to say (LOL!) so it might be fun.
It's really easy to set up and use. And as someone who is also rather wordy, I look forward to being able to write reviews without word limits.
07/27/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Sage Amomstruth.com
Okay... so as a complete newbie... where is the best place to get started. I have my own blog, so I don't have any restrictions there. How do I know what will be the *best fit* for me.
If you have your own blog, you're pretty much set for a "mommy" or even a "sex" blog. Testimonials would be an option too, if you have everything set up for it (completed profile)
07/27/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Divine Playchests are apparently discontinued.
*Weeps softly* I really wanted a black one, but its going to be in a drawer anyway, so I snagged a pink one this morning. I hope there are still a few left.
07/27/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
oh yeah! Those go out fast!

People love their toy storage.

Tuesday just did a video review on the Sportsheets hide a toy in a pillow thing.
I'm glad I got a heads up on it, I've been putting off buying one for ages lol.
07/27/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
It's really easy to set up and use. And as someone who is also rather wordy, I look forward to being able to write reviews without word limits.
I have to look into this, really. Thank you also, Ivy.
07/27/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
Airen suggested that I should look into the descriptive review program. How is it different from the regular review program?
With the Descriptive Review program, reviews should be written objectively with a more neutral tone. So rather than saying why you didn't like a particular item, try to describe who the toy would appeal to. You get random assignments as they become available. If you're interested, I believe you still email Gary with your request to join.
07/27/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
It looks like there are two pink chests left...but that's not a 100% number
07/27/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I think they're talking about the Devine Playchest. I snagged one on buyout that I hope gets stocked. Looks like peeps have been snatching them up today!
I just ordered one lol. I hope there are some left!
07/27/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
With the Descriptive Review program, reviews should be written objectively with a more neutral tone. So rather than saying why you didn't like a particular item, try to describe who the toy would appeal to. You get random assignments as they ... More
Ah, thanks! I'll wait till Airen says I'm ready, but it does sound like something I might enjoy. I have a lot of experience with academic style writing.
07/27/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
With the Descriptive Review program, reviews should be written objectively with a more neutral tone. So rather than saying why you didn't like a particular item, try to describe who the toy would appeal to. You get random assignments as they ... More
yup!

This is the review that people see on the product page!
07/27/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
With the Descriptive Review program, reviews should be written objectively with a more neutral tone. So rather than saying why you didn't like a particular item, try to describe who the toy would appeal to. You get random assignments as they ... More
The assignments are separate from your regular monthly assignments and should be completed in 2 weeks time.
07/27/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
The assignments are separate from your regular monthly assignments and should be completed in 2 weeks time.
The time frame on DR's is shorter than a regular assignment.
07/27/2011
Kindred Kindred
Here are the DR guidelines: link
07/27/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
Airen suggested that I should look into the descriptive review program. How is it different from the regular review program?
The DR program is pretty cool. I actually just joined and got a good product to review. I think we can request things (I think) but you have to be fast.

From what I know, most of the reviews will be assigned by the admins. I did have to turn one down, because it was a box of latex condoms and I have allergies, but you just let Gary or whoever assigned it know if you can't do something and its usually no problem.

The DRs are supposed to be objective. More describing the product with little or no personal info or likes or dislikes. It's an excuse to be really clinical, which I like.
07/27/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
The time frame on DR's is shorter than a regular assignment.
Hmmm... that might be a problem because of my issues with depression and anxiety. Some days, I'm just not very functional. But I think I could still manage a two week turnaround, especially if you're looking for more of a research review than a subjective one.
07/27/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I don't believe there's a min rank for the DR program. But we do look for a history of ex. useful reviews.
07/27/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I don't believe there's a min rank for the DR program. But we do look for a history of ex. useful reviews.
When I requested to join, I wrote why I thought I would make a good Descriptive reviewer based on my review style.
07/27/2011
Ivy Wilde Ivy Wilde
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
The DR program is pretty cool. I actually just joined and got a good product to review. I think we can request things (I think) but you have to be fast.

From what I know, most of the reviews will be assigned by the admins. I did have to turn ... More
Ah, if you are allowed to turn assignments down, that might make it easier on me. If I can tell that a depressive episode is in the works, I can just wait until I'm back on my feet before accepting an assignment.
07/27/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
I have a questions, I sometimes see expensive products (over $100.00) done on reviews with the "product was provided free to reviewer" thing at the end. How are these expensive items chosen for free reviews?
07/27/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
I have a questions, I sometimes see expensive products (over $100.00) done on reviews with the "product was provided free to reviewer" thing at the end. How are these expensive items chosen for free reviews?
Good question.
07/27/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivy Wilde
Ah, if you are allowed to turn assignments down, that might make it easier on me. If I can tell that a depressive episode is in the works, I can just wait until I'm back on my feet before accepting an assignment.
You always have the option to decline any assignment for reason. I turn down lots because I really don't ave time for more than one at a time anymore, especially if I'm doing a video at the same time.
07/27/2011
Total posts: 278
Unique posters: 15