#Workshop - June 22nd @ 7pm - Review Program

  • Christmas shipping schedule

#Workshop - June 22nd @ 7pm - Review Program

Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Another thing to think about when shooting a video review is your background.

Delicious Surprise did a good video review that showed just how easy and effective a good back drop can have when showing off a product. ...
Just to make sure... which of her videos are you admiring the background on? The first one that pops up for me is the one with the pillow.
06/22/2011
KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
i want to!! getting my feet SOAKED currently in this new edenworld... my job has me at a pc desk waiting on calls from the hospital staff with PC issues (god how i wish we were all analog! so much easier) all night..
so its become my night life... ...
Can't wait for the next photographers meeting, sad I missed it the other night
06/22/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I don't know if you need to with items such as those as long as you discuss what the materials actually are. Personally, I think of allergy discussions more so with things like lubes or anything scented.
or lingere with hidden latex etc, a lot of the lingere doesn't list exact fabrics
06/22/2011
potstickers potstickers
Quote:
Originally posted by potstickers
I always forget myself.
Also I always seem to be out and about.
06/22/2011
Spoken Pandora Spoken Pandora
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoken Pandora
I know its getting late but is there any advice in regards to linking blogs or linking to social sites?
To add to that I did read up on it but I worry about doing it wrong...(*funny doing it wrong...)
06/22/2011
dv8 dv8
Am I the only person who finds it distracting to see glare off shiny objects in a video review? How about random clutter in the background?
06/22/2011
sexyintexas sexyintexas
Quote:
Originally posted by Noira Celestia
I have a question, if you purchased something that you used with a partner like a cock ring would it be appropriate to review, or is it more appropriate for someone with a with a penis to review that?
I review them and use them with my partner.
06/22/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Noira Celestia
I have a question, if you purchased something that you used with a partner like a cock ring would it be appropriate to review, or is it more appropriate for someone with a with a penis to review that?
It is totally appropriate as long as you get the appropriate information from him to include in the review.
06/22/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
That's Cock head thank you. lol
oh geez why didnt i get that! LMAO
06/22/2011
VioletMoonstone VioletMoonstone
potstickers, your avatar is familiar... It looks like the cat from Bizenghast.
06/22/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoken Pandora
I know its getting late but is there any advice in regards to linking blogs or linking to social sites?
Good question!

You can't duplicate review content between your blog and your on-site review. That's in the "Off-site Review Guidelines" found here
06/22/2011
Spoken Pandora Spoken Pandora
Quote:
Originally posted by dv8
Am I the only person who finds it distracting to see glare off shiny objects in a video review? How about random clutter in the background?
Youre not alone I think it takes away from the focus
06/22/2011
KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
Quote:
Originally posted by dv8
Am I the only person who finds it distracting to see glare off shiny objects in a video review? How about random clutter in the background?
I find clutter pretty distracting too, especially bad glare.
06/22/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by Noira Celestia
I have a question, if you purchased something that you used with a partner like a cock ring would it be appropriate to review, or is it more appropriate for someone with a with a penis to review that?
My 2nd review was used with my partner and I just talked about his experience with it as well as my own
06/22/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
Just to make sure... which of her videos are you admiring the background on? The first one that pops up for me is the one with the pillow.
yup!
06/22/2011
Spoken Pandora Spoken Pandora
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
Good question!

You can't duplicate review content between your blog and your on-site review. That's in the "Off-site Review Guidelines" found here
Thanks JR I will check it out.
06/22/2011
potstickers potstickers
Quote:
Originally posted by VioletMoonstone
potstickers, your avatar is familiar... It looks like the cat from Bizenghast.
Yes, it is Edaniel! *giggle*
06/22/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I do belive you are right, I bet if go and look I can find the almost exact same advice given to me. That was over a year ago.
girl with fire gave me the same advice
06/22/2011
Wyo Daisy Wyo Daisy
Quote:
Originally posted by dv8
Am I the only person who finds it distracting to see glare off shiny objects in a video review? How about random clutter in the background?
Background clutter is distracting to me but only if it is EXTREME.
06/22/2011
VioletMoonstone VioletMoonstone
When I did my video review I used the Eden tote bag thing as my background. It's black so it's a bit dark though. =[ I'm not sure what else to use besides a white poster board thing.
06/22/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoken Pandora
Would it be important to talk about the material with things like collars or positioning aids in regards to allergies. I am very sensitive but sometimes dont think of these things until after the fact.
If you think there's an allergy concern, absolutely do mention it. You should always try to cover the materials anyways
06/22/2011
Spoken Pandora Spoken Pandora
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
If you think there's an allergy concern, absolutely do mention it. You should always try to cover the materials anyways
Thanks Sam.
06/22/2011
melissa1973 melissa1973
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoken Pandora
Youre not alone I think it takes away from the focus
Oh god that's something I can't stand lol at least put something behind you and infront of the clutter.
06/22/2011
Wondermom Wondermom
Quote:
Originally posted by KinkyKrissy
I find clutter pretty distracting too, especially bad glare.
I'm distracted by cleavage and bra straps........ such a hard thing to look at
06/22/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
Quote:
Originally posted by Wondermom
as a plus size girl I'm always wondering with adjustable things lol
Yes, I can't wait to see/show you my new harness!
06/22/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Quote:
Originally posted by VioletMoonstone
When I did my video review I used the Eden tote bag thing as my background. It's black so it's a bit dark though. =[ I'm not sure what else to use besides a white poster board thing.
Actually, white is one of the worst backgrounds because it reflects a LOT of light. Black and darker colors are best. Try to contrast the color of the product you're reviewing.
06/22/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
I do belive you are right, I bet if go and look I can find the almost exact same advice given to me. That was over a year ago.
It really does warm my heart to see that it's still going around and being so useful
06/22/2011
VioletMoonstone VioletMoonstone
Quote:
Originally posted by potstickers
Yes, it is Edaniel! *giggle*
It's been a long time since I read books 1 and 2 but I really liked them. I have the Bizenghast color book.
06/22/2011
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by VioletMoonstone
When I did my video review I used the Eden tote bag thing as my background. It's black so it's a bit dark though. =[ I'm not sure what else to use besides a white poster board thing.
I use a sheet as the background usually. Dark or light depending on what it is I'm filming.
06/22/2011
Spoken Pandora Spoken Pandora
Quote:
Originally posted by melissa1973
Oh god that's something I can't stand lol at least put something behind you and infront of the clutter.
Exactly Melissa....
06/22/2011
Total posts: 493
Unique posters: 28