Connection between CEN and Vibe Therapy?

Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Sometimes when I'm bored, I browse euro sex toy shops online cause they tend to get new stuff earlier than the US. I have noticed these shops carry a line of toys by 'Vibe Therapy' and these toys are the same (generally) as the couture collection by CEN. I'm curious if this is an enterprise of CEN or if the line is leasing their designs to other companies mostly because there seem to be a few Vibe Therapy products which have not been released in the Couture collection and I might want them to be!
03/31/2010
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Sometimes when I'm bored, I browse euro sex toy shops online cause they tend to get new stuff earlier than the US. I have noticed these shops carry a line of toys by 'Vibe Therapy' and these toys are the same (generally) as the couture ... More
Vibe Therapy is not related to California Exotic Novelties. We own North American
rights to this line which was designed (with our help) by a large factory we deal with. The line is sold in Europe as Vibe Therapy by one of our Distributors. We try to retain worldwide rights (on our designs and patents, that goes without saying) but every now and then, something is developed and then licensed to us for a specific territory...this is a prime example. I can think of only one other instance where we have a similar arrangement...Passion Wave. If you see something that is being sold in Europe, and not in our line, let us know...
04/01/2010
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Thanks for the response Al! Makes sense to me.
04/01/2010
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
Vibe Therapy is not related to California Exotic Novelties. We own North American
rights to this line which was designed (with our help) by a large factory we deal with. The line is sold in Europe as Vibe Therapy by one of our Distributors. We try ... More
That's really interesting, but by North American rights, that must also includes the Canadian rights? I'm asking because I saw Vibe Therapy products sold on the online website of a sex shop in my town, and I'm in Canada. I thought that the Vibe Therapy products were just another name of CEN when the main language was not in English, so that the product did not sound too American.
04/01/2010
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
That's really interesting, but by North American rights, that must also includes the Canadian rights? I'm asking because I saw Vibe Therapy products sold on the online website of a sex shop in my town, and I'm in Canada. I thought that ... More
I can assure you, Vibe Therapy has no relation to California Exotic Novelties, or anyone affiliated with our company. I am sure that some people may import from European distributors, so that's why it sometimes shows up :-(....not much we can do about that as our Agreement is with the factory...once a distributor gets it, they can ship anywhere...as can our US distributors. I am sure that the Couture Collection is sold all over Europe...in fact, I just saw a visual of a beautiful store in Amsterdam that has a great Couture display. Our exclusive rights with the factory covers the US, Canada, and all of Central and South America.
04/02/2010
Usher2Sexy Usher2Sexy
I work for a VERY large corporation and we have the same thing.
04/02/2010
Al Bloom Al Bloom
It's very common...someone always finds a way around an exclusive territory! Thanks for your comment.
04/02/2010
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
I just have to say, Al? You rock. You're always so on top of questions put forth to you. That? Is awesome. Thank you!
04/02/2010
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie Ann
I just have to say, Al? You rock. You're always so on top of questions put forth to you. That? Is awesome. Thank you!
Always a pleasure!
04/02/2010
Kynky Kytty Kynky Kytty
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
I can assure you, Vibe Therapy has no relation to California Exotic Novelties, or anyone affiliated with our company. I am sure that some people may import from European distributors, so that's why it sometimes shows up :-(....not much we can do ... More
It makes sense, but I think it is easier in my area to sometimes work in European distributors, because it might be easier to get service in French. Not everyone is perfectly bilingual where I come from and service in French is sometimes preferable in order to eliminate any misunderstandings. It's not necessarily an intention to get around the exclusive territory.
04/02/2010
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Kynky Kytty
It makes sense, but I think it is easier in my area to sometimes work in European distributors, because it might be easier to get service in French. Not everyone is perfectly bilingual where I come from and service in French is sometimes preferable ... More
Understood...not a problem.
04/05/2010
jorgegil jorgegil
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
Vibe Therapy is not related to California Exotic Novelties. We own North American
rights to this line which was designed (with our help) by a large factory we deal with. The line is sold in Europe as Vibe Therapy by one of our Distributors. We try ... More
"The line is sold in Europe as Vibe Therapy by one of our Distributors"

i am located in Porto, Portugal, EUrope. Could you put me in contact with this distributor or give me the contacts?..
Many thanks, Jorge Gil
02/08/2013
AmethystQueen AmethystQueen
I would LOVE to be able to buy this Vibe Therapy Discover Silicone Double Dong. Can you please tell me where in the U.S. I can pick it up?
03/04/2013
Total posts: 13
Unique posters: 7