Inked Toys

Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
I'm looking at the Cal Exotics Inked Vibes and the Inked glass shaft. I was wondering if there is any protective layer on these toys to stop the printing from rubbing off or wearing over time. Has anyone had this problem with these toys?

I haven't tried these yet and really want to, but I've had other toys that appear to be designed similarly and the design seems to come off over time.
06/24/2010
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 70% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 50% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 40% Clearance
  • Black Friday Cyber Monday 25% Clearance
  • Get ready for  holidays. Get 3 toys for $30. Mix and Match!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kayla Kayla
Most of the Inked Vibes seem to be somewhat safe from the peeling. There's only a couple mentions of peeling in the reviews there.

However, on the glass shafts it seems to be a problem according to multiple reviewers. Never tried them, but be aware that the glass ones do seem to flake, but the the vibes seem to be a bit better about it:

link
link
link
link
06/24/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Thanks Mistress- I saw some of those but didn't know if anyone had any further thoughts from longer periods of wear. It's not even the aesthetic factor, it's more the thought of the decal/paint chipping off onto ME that worries me....
06/24/2010
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
Thanks Mistress- I saw some of those but didn't know if anyone had any further thoughts from longer periods of wear. It's not even the aesthetic factor, it's more the thought of the decal/paint chipping off onto ME that worries me....
They are hand blown, and the finish is a proprietary formulation. I can tell
you that it is non-toxic, lead free, and non-porous. It is dishwasher safe,
and there are no phthalates, latex, or PVC. Keep in mind, it is a surface finish, and as such, it is not impervious to scratching....but I could only do that with a
sharp razor blade with considerable effort. We have tested this with Toy
Cleaner, Hot soap and water, and alcohol....as well as hot wash and dry settings in a dishwasher. We have deemed this a Safe and Pure product. There are no restrictions as to type of lube used.Like any surface finish, if you really work at it, it will come off...but, these are deemed safe and pure.
06/24/2010
Tuesday Tuesday
I've been using one of the inked glass toys for months. Only when I put scotch tape on it does any finish come off. And who scotch tapes their glass toys? Nothing comes off in normal use. They're safe as far as I'm concerned.
06/24/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Thanks Al! I appreciate the info- it makes me much more comfortable in using them.
06/25/2010
Liz2 Liz2
I have used an inked plastic toy from Cal Exotics w/o a problem. As Al Bloom noted above, it is possible to scratch the decal off but why would anyone try to mutilate a design anyway? Enjoy!!
06/25/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
I have the superslim vibrator and the applique hasn't peeled off and I use it quite often. So, you're safe there too.
06/25/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
You guys are the best! Now I'm definitely getting one.
06/25/2010
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
You guys are the best! Now I'm definitely getting one.
Thank you to everyone who responded. We appreciate your comments and support. California Exotic Novelties works really hard to produce our items to strict guidelines set in Europe, which, by the way, are much more stringent than the USA. As a global company, we have stepped up our game to use the safest, and most reliable materials while still keeping an eye on manufacturing costs. Our goal is always to produce products that are priced right for everyone.
06/25/2010
ViVix ViVix
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
I'm looking at the Cal Exotics Inked Vibes and the Inked glass shaft. I was wondering if there is any protective layer on these toys to stop the printing from rubbing off or wearing over time. Has anyone had this problem with these toys? ... More
I tried the inked G-spot vibrator, and there was no wear on the design even after LOTS of use. lol. However, it did break after a few months.
07/31/2012
satinlady550 satinlady550
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
They are hand blown, and the finish is a proprietary formulation. I can tell
you that it is non-toxic, lead free, and non-porous. It is dishwasher safe,
and there are no phthalates, latex, or PVC. Keep in mind, it is a surface finish, and as ... More
Thanks for the information. I purchased one and used it but my biggest concern was if the ink was lead free..
08/17/2012
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by satinlady550
Thanks for the information. I purchased one and used it but my biggest concern was if the ink was lead free..
It is lead free.
08/17/2012
Miss Appear Miss Appear
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
It is lead free.
would be a huge health concern otherwise imo
08/25/2012
Total posts: 14
Unique posters: 9