Ugly Truth

Al Bloom Al Bloom
Hysterical! This is exactly what these remote vibrating panties were created for!
07/29/2009
  • Buy 1 Vibrator Get 1 FREE
  • Limited offer: Save 25% on Blush Toys
  • Annual Clearance - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Valyn Valyn
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
Hysterical! This is exactly what these remote vibrating panties were created for!
Are you referring to a specific pair, or a review?
07/29/2009
Liz Liz
Quote:
Originally posted by Valyn
Are you referring to a specific pair, or a review?
I think the poster was referring to the... um, memorable vibrating panties scene in the film "The Ugly Truth."
07/29/2009
Valyn Valyn
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I think the poster was referring to the... um, memorable vibrating panties scene in the film "The Ugly Truth."
Ahh, okay!
07/29/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
Hysterical! This is exactly what these remote vibrating panties were created for!
Hey Al! Good to see you on the forums! I don’t know if everyone knows that you’re the Marketing Director and developer for California Exotics and that you’ve been in the business for decades. I bet you’re pretty excited to see adult toys being featured in mainstream movies though – what a long way things have come!

I looked up reviews and clips of this new movie, The Ugly Truth out of curiousity. Seems like the scene with the vibrating panties is pretty funny.

Apparently, there's a scene in the movie where the male lead buys the female lead a pair of vibrating panties that she ends up wearing to dinner with her boss, the doctor she's ardent about, the male lead and the other secondary characters of the movie. The remote to the panties falls out of her purse and a little boy picks it up and turns it on. As she is enjoying herself, she is also presenting new ideas to her bosses. Sounds like an awkward moment indeed - but makes for good laughs.
07/29/2009
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Valyn
Are you referring to a specific pair, or a review?
Yes, Dr. Laura Berman Remote Vibrating Briefs...item 9705-10-3
07/29/2009
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
Hey Al! Good to see you on the forums! I don’t know if everyone knows that you’re the Marketing Director and developer for California Exotics and that you’ve been in the business for decades. I bet you’re pretty excited to see adult toys being ... More
Thank you for pointing out what an old fossil I am ...yes, I do like the openness of the forum and the willingness to chat. When I started in 1970, a 7" and 10" ivory vibrator was all we had to sell...single speed! When the factories made a black colored model, it was a boon to the business and we quickly doubled our sales! In the late 70's, I was in a new store being opened in Wisconsin. We decided to wrap a few of the dildos and vibrators in saran Wrap, and staple them to the wall, put a # next to it, and hope customers would get it and come to the counter and ask for the item by the number. It was the first time these few items had been out of the showcase and away from the "toothless" clerk that nobody wanted to speak to! Well, the rest is history. I later attended a meeting in Cleveland where a group of people from the adult business gathered, and packaged, self-serve adult novelties were born! It was a boon to this new category of merchandise for adults, and the self-serve aspect empowered women to begin shopping for themselves, making a selection, and not have to talk to anyone in the process. It's been a long time since those early days, and it heartens me whenever our products show up in mainstream movies like this one.
07/29/2009
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
Thank you for pointing out what an old fossil I am ...yes, I do like the openness of the forum and the willingness to chat. When I started in 1970, a 7" and 10" ivory vibrator was all we had to sell...single speed! When the factories made a ... More
Aw, Al, you're not a fossil! Thanks so much for giving us some back-story though!
07/29/2009
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
Oh my gosh. I've totally got to see that movie now.

I LOVE how sex toys in general are showing up more in movies these days and even have prime time t.v. commercial slots. Woot for progress!

p.s. I'm in Wisconsin and I'm thinking I'm glad most of our adult stores no longer have toothless clerks but cute young guys and girls!
07/29/2009
In Purrgatory In Purrgatory
Dunno... I have no problem with toys (obviously) but I've seen the clip online as well as trailers and it's lame comedy. They're pretty obviously going for a When Harry Met Sally vibe ( ) but fall well short. Katherine Heigl needs to choose some better scripts or she's going to find herself stuck in the Kate Hudson crappy rom-com rut. If she's not there already, that is.

-your friendly neighborhood movie cynic
07/29/2009
Rufina Rufina
Quote:
Originally posted by In Purrgatory
Dunno... I have no problem with toys (obviously) but I've seen the clip online as well as trailers and it's lame comedy. They're pretty obviously going for a When Harry Met Sally vibe ( ) but fall well short. Katherine Heigl needs to ... More
We needed update for that famous Orgasm episode. Times have changed, now we have technology on our hands and don't need to simulate orgasms. Now we have full blown version thanks to vibrating panties!
07/29/2009
Mr Guy Mr Guy
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
Thank you for pointing out what an old fossil I am ...yes, I do like the openness of the forum and the willingness to chat. When I started in 1970, a 7" and 10" ivory vibrator was all we had to sell...single speed! When the factories made a ... More
Al,

Considering the remarkable evolution of the sex toy industry that you've witnessed (and played a role in), you should totally write a book. Or a blog.

Especially if it's shaped like one of those grand old '70s-style ridged vibrators. That'd be boss beyond belief.
07/29/2009
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
Thank you for pointing out what an old fossil I am ...yes, I do like the openness of the forum and the willingness to chat. When I started in 1970, a 7" and 10" ivory vibrator was all we had to sell...single speed! When the factories made a ... More
Unfortunately I have never seen this movie. However I am now wondering if anyone has ever approached you to write about your experiences, to include in sex related books or even your own book? I am sure you have some great stories!
07/29/2009
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Guy
Al,

Considering the remarkable evolution of the sex toy industry that you've witnessed (and played a role in), you should totally write a book. Or a blog.

Especially if it's shaped like one of those grand old '70s-style ... More
I must have been writing my comment as you posted this one. I was looking at my own paper the whole time!
07/29/2009
Delete My Account Delete My Account
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Unfortunately I have never seen this movie. However I am now wondering if anyone has ever approached you to write about your experiences, to include in sex related books or even your own book? I am sure you have some great stories!
I agree Al you must have awesome stories from the early days. Plus I am sure everyone had a great mustache back then, or was that only in the movies? I worked in an adult video store as a teenager when VHS was still big and we came across quite a few characters in those days.

I would love to talk to you and swap stories. I am sure yours will top mine any day. I look forward to seeing you in the forums.
07/29/2009
NuMe NuMe
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Unfortunately I have never seen this movie. However I am now wondering if anyone has ever approached you to write about your experiences, to include in sex related books or even your own book? I am sure you have some great stories!
I agree with Lethe and Gary. I would definitely buy that book.
07/29/2009
Al Bloom Al Bloom
Quote:
Originally posted by Valyn
Are you referring to a specific pair, or a review?
Astrea 1 Vibrating Briefs...part of the Berman Center line of products produced by California Exotic Novelties.
08/06/2009
LikeSunshineDust LikeSunshineDust
Just saw The Ugly Truth last night. The panties scene had everyone cracking up hysterically! Now I really want a pair, so I guess the product placement strategy worked.
08/06/2009
Rocky LaFemme Rocky LaFemme
Quote:
Originally posted by LikeSunshineDust
Just saw The Ugly Truth last night. The panties scene had everyone cracking up hysterically! Now I really want a pair, so I guess the product placement strategy worked.
Ditto.
08/07/2009
AlaskanBeauty AlaskanBeauty
I like them...
05/31/2011
Ms. Spice Ms. Spice
i got to see that movie just for the vibrating panties. it's awesome that hollywood is starting to implement sex toys into their props!
06/09/2011
Nichole G Nichole G
Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Spice
i got to see that movie just for the vibrating panties. it's awesome that hollywood is starting to implement sex toys into their props!
That movie is hilarious! Fun trick to plan on a partner right?!? lol
06/09/2011
mudpie mudpie
Quote:
Originally posted by Al Bloom
Thank you for pointing out what an old fossil I am ...yes, I do like the openness of the forum and the willingness to chat. When I started in 1970, a 7" and 10" ivory vibrator was all we had to sell...single speed! When the factories made a ... More
This is a really cool story! Thanks Al!
11/22/2011
Total posts: 23
Unique posters: 17