After 2 years - my Fleshlight is deteriorating

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

After 2 years - my Fleshlight is deteriorating

JG24FanUK JG24FanUK
I have had my fleshlight about 2 years now and it has started to deteriorate where its rather sticky and will stick together at the opening and feeling slimy in a way. I have always kept it pretty clean after using it. Does anyone else have this issue and if so want could I do to fix this problem?
04/27/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by JG24FanUK
I have had my fleshlight about 2 years now and it has started to deteriorate where its rather sticky and will stick together at the opening and feeling slimy in a way. I have always kept it pretty clean after using it. Does anyone else have this ...
Dusting the sleeve with cornstarch can reduce the stickiness and preserve the realistic feel of the material.
04/27/2012
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I've wondered about the lifespan of some of these products. It seems the softer materials, when exposed to the acidity of the human body, would eventually breakdown, somehow...


Can you bleach them?
04/27/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
Dusting the sleeve with cornstarch can reduce the stickiness and preserve the realistic feel of the material.
This my thought two.

JG24FanUK, what is you cleaning routine? Might help us a bit.
04/27/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I've wondered about the lifespan of some of these products. It seems the softer materials, when exposed to the acidity of the human body, would eventually breakdown, somehow...


Can you bleach them?
hmm...sounds like some testing is in order, eh?

For science of course.
04/27/2012
mlmac mlmac
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
hmm...sounds like some testing is in order, eh?

For science of course.
Anything for science ! Sign me up!
04/27/2012
interestingstuff interestingstuff
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
hmm...sounds like some testing is in order, eh?

For science of course.
For science! *shakes fist*
04/28/2012
Incendiaire Incendiaire
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyTimeTim
hmm...sounds like some testing is in order, eh?

For science of course.
I wouldn't waste a whole Fleshlight on that; Mr Limpys are made from the same material, and are much cheaper, try dissecting one of those and subjecting the pieces to different forms of maltreatment.
04/28/2012
PassionateLover2 PassionateLover2
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I've wondered about the lifespan of some of these products. It seems the softer materials, when exposed to the acidity of the human body, would eventually breakdown, somehow...


Can you bleach them?
DO NOT BLEACH THEM!!! They need to be cleaned with hot water after use. It is strongly advisable to use cornstarch!
04/28/2012
PassionateLover2 PassionateLover2
Quote:
Originally posted by JG24FanUK
I have had my fleshlight about 2 years now and it has started to deteriorate where its rather sticky and will stick together at the opening and feeling slimy in a way. I have always kept it pretty clean after using it. Does anyone else have this ...
After use, it is strongly advisable to wash with warm to hot water for at least 1 to 2 minutes under running water. The it is VERY important to dry the inside of the sleeve completely dry. That is the secret. When the inside and outside of the Fleshlight skin is dry, use the cornstarch on ALL exterior surfaces. As long as the inside of the sleeve is completely dry, you should not have any problems. I have have mine for over 2 years with no problems! Good Luck!
04/28/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by Incendiaire
I wouldn't waste a whole Fleshlight on that; Mr Limpys are made from the same material, and are much cheaper, try dissecting one of those and subjecting the pieces to different forms of maltreatment.
Well, I have seven of them, two are the Lotus texture and it does nothing for me, like at all. I have been waiting to do something with them and this is a perfect way to use them. I already have an ongoing test where I use Climax Burst toy cleaner on them, so why not continue the testing with other ways of cleaning?
04/29/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionateLover2
DO NOT BLEACH THEM!!! They need to be cleaned with hot water after use. It is strongly advisable to use cornstarch!
Curious, why not, because Fleshlight says so? They say not to use soap or toy cleaners, except theirs but how do we know other methods will not work too. I too have had some for about two years, as I stated above, I have been using a toy cleaner on them for as long as I have owned them, no damage and they look, feel just like new.

If you have some kind of proof that bleach will ruin it, by all means share it with us. I would love to see the results.
04/29/2012
Fawkes Fawkes
TIL another use for corn starch, thanks. lol
04/29/2012
Sir Fapsalot Sir Fapsalot
Quote:
Originally posted by JG24FanUK
I have had my fleshlight about 2 years now and it has started to deteriorate where its rather sticky and will stick together at the opening and feeling slimy in a way. I have always kept it pretty clean after using it. Does anyone else have this ...
I think corn starch is ok, but I would just get a new one.
06/14/2012
Sir Fapsalot Sir Fapsalot
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I've wondered about the lifespan of some of these products. It seems the softer materials, when exposed to the acidity of the human body, would eventually breakdown, somehow...


Can you bleach them?
no!
06/14/2012
Tork48309 Tork48309
Just got my Jenna Haze in the mail with free lube but no cleaner or "renewing" powder. Any suggestions on a toy cleaner since I don't have any. I'd sure like to give her a try. If I have to wait, what toy cleaner should I buy?
07/18/2012
Total posts: 16
Unique posters: 11