#AskEden - Do they re-sale returned products???

AriaRN AriaRN
AriaRN
Related to: 
I noticed that you can return items to edenfantasys. I hope they don't re-sale the products that other people have returned :/
07/11/2012
  • Save 40% on Vibrators
  • Get 3 amazing toys for $60 only
  • Eye of Love Pheromone Kit - Save 25%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
I can't even begin to tell you how illegal that would be. Items that are returned are destroyed. When you receive an item from Eden, all of the original seals should still be in place. If for some reason they are not, please return it immediately for a refund or a replacement.
07/11/2012
Beck Beck
There was a thread about this not too long ago...link

According to Jamies who is the onsite marketing manager. (This is from the post I linked to.)

"To put your hearts more at ease, even our receiving area for those packages is very well separated from the main warehouse. We don't play the resale game. That's just gross. And super illegal. The receivers also have a nice big supply of gloves and masks for their protection.

But it's important to us that you guys feel like we are a business you can trust, which is why we have our return policy in place. Your needs are our priority."
07/11/2012
Gracie Gracie
I always assumed that this was the case. I cant even imagine anything else! But it is nice to see it all laid out!
07/11/2012
Incendiaire Incendiaire
Quote:
Originally posted by AriaRN
I noticed that you can return items to edenfantasys. I hope they don't re-sale the products that other people have returned :/
That's a disturbing thought.
07/11/2012
js250 js250
Eden is a retail adult business with licensing rules and regulations that needs to be upheld and fulfilled. These regulations are very strict and binding--HELL NO would they even consider anything that illegal and unhygienic!!!!!!! Are you serious???!!!

The return police is put into place to protect the consumers--US--not to perform illegal operations that would get one of the top adult product retailers shut down and fined with prison terms.

Enough of this allready!!
07/11/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Perhaps they should just post a picture of workers in hazmat suits opening boxes marked RMA — that might calm everyone once and for all.
07/11/2012
AriaRN AriaRN
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
Eden is a retail adult business with licensing rules and regulations that needs to be upheld and fulfilled. These regulations are very strict and binding--HELL NO would they even consider anything that illegal and unhygienic!!!!!!! Are you ... More
It was just a question.. I know some items can be sterilized. I just wasn't sure if they took the items that can be sterilized and re-sold them.
07/12/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I can't even begin to tell you how illegal that would be. Items that are returned are destroyed. When you receive an item from Eden, all of the original seals should still be in place. If for some reason they are not, please return it ... More
I have a question re: "original seals should still be in place"

What if the packaging doesn't have original seals?

I trust EF and I sterilize everything anyway (which is why I'm now a glass and silicone snob) but thinking about the items that arrive in ziplock bags (like the Tentacle & Jellyfish), I can understand why the question gets asked a lot. Even the toys that come in high-end packaging (like the Icicles line) are not hermetically sealed.

What other indicators can buyers look for to put their mind at ease?
07/12/2012
Woman China Woman China
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
Perhaps they should just post a picture of workers in hazmat suits opening boxes marked RMA — that might calm everyone once and for all.
What does RMA mean?
07/12/2012
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by AriaRN
I noticed that you can return items to edenfantasys. I hope they don't re-sale the products that other people have returned :/
NO! NO! NO! This does not happen!
07/12/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I have a question re: "original seals should still be in place"

What if the packaging doesn't have original seals?

I trust EF and I sterilize everything anyway (which is why I'm now a glass and silicone snob) but ... More
The items arrive from the manufacturer that way and are stored that way. No employee comes in contact with a product outside of its packaging. (Unless we're doing a test or a video to showcase it and then those are stored separately as well. I think most of them live in Jaimes's office.)

It's no different than if you were to go to an adult novelty store. Well, ok a little different because we don't test the product before it ships to you. We have a return policy, brick and mortar stores do not.
07/12/2012
digit88 digit88
Quote:
Originally posted by AriaRN
I noticed that you can return items to edenfantasys. I hope they don't re-sale the products that other people have returned :/
nice
07/12/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by Woman China
What does RMA mean?
"Return Merchandise Authorization"

@Stormy,

"The items arrive from the manufacturer that way and are stored that way. No employee comes in contact with a product outside of its packaging."

I understand, and more importantly I believe this. However, my belief has come from the time spent here on EF, and the great customer service I have received so far. I can understand how someone new, who doesn't have that experience, might be a little weirded out.

To me, this is why it's important to mention packaging in reviews. The best way to figure out if something is "normal" or not, is to compare what the reviewers received to what you received. It's not 100% foolproof, but it helps.
07/12/2012
AriaRN AriaRN
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
"Return Merchandise Authorization"

@Stormy,

"The items arrive from the manufacturer that way and are stored that way. No employee comes in contact with a product outside of its packaging."

I understand, and ... More
I like that last idea. I'm sure if people included how their products were packaged when they received them, less people would be concerned about reused items.
07/13/2012
Do emu Do emu
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
There was a thread about this not too long ago...link

According to Jamies who is the onsite marketing manager. (This is from the post I linked to.)

"To put your hearts more at ease, even our receiving area for those packages is ... More
That makes me feel so much better! I always wondered about that because with some Coquette items I've gotten, other reviewers got the nice black puffy hangers and mine always came in the plastic ones, so it was always a thought I had in the back of my mind.
08/25/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
Quote:
Originally posted by Do emu
That makes me feel so much better! I always wondered about that because with some Coquette items I've gotten, other reviewers got the nice black puffy hangers and mine always came in the plastic ones, so it was always a thought I had in the back ... More
Coquette uses both depending on the item. So some will come with poofy hangers and some on the plastic ones. I think some items they package the same item differently. Not sure why.
08/25/2012
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
So even lingerie gets distroyed if you purchased the wrong size and send it back?
08/28/2012
InNeedOfABuzzzz InNeedOfABuzzzz
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I have a question re: "original seals should still be in place"

What if the packaging doesn't have original seals?

I trust EF and I sterilize everything anyway (which is why I'm now a glass and silicone snob) but ... More
Items that do not have "seals" on them should be in non damaged packaging. No tears, no bent corners, and everything should look as if it was placed strategically inside the box. If you receive something that looks dirty, unsanitary, or looks to have been used/opened before then request to return it. We wouldn't want you using anything you didn't feel safe using!!!
08/29/2012
Cat E. Cat E.
What about returned DVD? I've returned one that was unopened and still shrink wrapped. I'd accidentally ordered one that I'd just ordered, so returned it. I see nothing wrong with them reselling it.
08/29/2012
Total posts: 20
Unique posters: 15