#AskEden - Why do UPS packages wind up getting delivered by USPS?

  • Christmas shipping schedule

#AskEden - Why do UPS packages wind up getting delivered by USPS?

LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Why is that whenever I order a package to be shipped via UPS, it gets magically transferred to the bastards at USPS?

Here's my problem/situation:

I've had problems with deliveries from USPS because they never attempt to deliver my packages to my door for no good reason. I'm disabled and I live quite a distance from my local post office. Due to my condition and pain medications, I can't drive there myself, which means I have to ask my mother or father to take me there. My activities on EF are a secret to my not-so-understanding parents, and they get really nosy and pissed at me when I ask them to help take me to the post office to pick up these mysterious packages.

I don't know if I can deal with my volatile father again because USPS didn't attempt to deliver 2 packages that I was supposed to have on Saturday. I don't know how long it is going to be before my father just rips open one of my packages and berates me. I NEED to be able to intercept the packages, which is possible if UPS delivers them because they actually come to my damn door! I have 7 open complaints with the assholes at USPS! It shows how much they take customer service seriously...
08/19/2012
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE! Mix and Match
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Couples!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Her!
  • Save 50% on Gift Set For Him!
  • Save 25% on LELO and PicoBong
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyDarknezz
Why is that whenever I order a package to be shipped via UPS, it gets magically transferred to the bastards at USPS?

Here's my problem/situation:

I've had problems with deliveries from USPS because they never attempt to ...
If you use the sure post system the package goes by UPS to the nearest sort facility to your house and then my USPS the rest of the way. If you actually pay an extra few dollars and choose UPS it'll be UPS that delivers the package.

I'm so sorry the post office in your area sucks. Mine is amazing and I actually prefer that they deliver my packages. My mail carrier is an EF patron as well so she treats my packages with real care. I have caught the UPS guy actually kicking my package to my door cause he dropped it and it didn't say fragile. >.<

I would seriously suggest using the UPS option...it might be a few more dollars but it seems like, for you, it'd be worth it.
08/19/2012
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
If you use the sure post system the package goes by UPS to the nearest sort facility to your house and then my USPS the rest of the way. If you actually pay an extra few dollars and choose UPS it'll be UPS that delivers the ...
There's my problem: It's all been sure post! UPS usually treats me well, but it pisses me off that they actually kicked your fragile package! USPS has done that to me numerous times because I think my complaints just piss them off and make them treat my stuff worse. Oh, and one mail-carrier was an anime fan, so he decided to open up one of my posters and stole it...He recognized the name of the company I bought it from. I had to go through a lot just to get that issue straightened up and it was terrible...All over a poster! At that point, it wasn't about the poster, it was about the type of people my local post office has working for them! I think the only thing they did to him was transfer him, which angers me because what if he steals another person's property?

I am so glad that your mail-carrier is an EF patron! I live in a isolated condo in a suburb that's on a small hill, so I guess they don't like walking up it...But I hate having to do that when I'm in a lot of pain trying to get to the damn post office with an angry man bitching at me constantly.

Thank you so much for the helpful info, Airen! I am definitely going to spend the extra money because I can't keep going through this. Stress makes my condition so much worse. On an unrelated note, I really like your blog; it has a nice look and feel to it! I barely managed to get mine working...sort of lol.
08/19/2012
melissa1973 melissa1973
Wow sorry to hear about your post office. I love it when I see my yummy mailman coming down the driveway with a large package.. I'm with Airen about marking the UPS option.
08/19/2012
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by melissa1973
Wow sorry to hear about your post office. I love it when I see my yummy mailman coming down the driveway with a large package.. I'm with Airen about marking the UPS option.
I have been so sick today, but I still need to try and get to the damn post office to pick my packages up. I don't have 1 mail-carrier; I have random douchebags that deliver my mail because I don't live on a normal mail route. I live in an area where it's a partial or auxiliary route, which means some random jackoff decides to deliver mail to my area at a random time.

I guess I have to pay extra, which sucks. Prescriptions and doctor visits ain't cheap these days.
08/20/2012
js250 js250
Sorry about your hassles with the mail--I certainly understand!! I do suggest using the UPS and adding the shipping--luckily you can use your points to cover it, though!!
08/20/2012
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
Sorry to hear about your mail disaster I would just select UPS and not UPS Sure Post. I like the Sure Post cause I am still able to track it for some reason I can't with USPS but if I use Sure Post I can get packages on the weekends. I would still keep raising hell with the post office though, mail carriers shouldn't claim they attempted to deliver if they really didn't. My mail person as well as UPS person leaves all my stuff in the chair on my porch
08/21/2012
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Maybe order something boring from Amazon, like vitamins or socks or something, and then use that as an excuse to retrieve your stranded order?
08/21/2012
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
Sorry about your hassles with the mail--I certainly understand!! I do suggest using the UPS and adding the shipping--luckily you can use your points to cover it, though!!
Yeah, it's been terrible. Monday, one of the USPS representatives called me and was quite rude. She even hung up on me at end of the call. My package which contained my precious Ella was OPENED. It looked like they played soccer with my damn package. I feel like they are doing this stuff to me on purpose because I keep issuing complaints on them!

I'm pretty much done with the cesspool known as USPS. It sucks that my limited income will have to cover pricier shipping; It's hard enough paying for the tons of doctor visits and prescriptions I need each month.
08/21/2012
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by *Camoprincess*
Sorry to hear about your mail disaster I would just select UPS and not UPS Sure Post. I like the Sure Post cause I am still able to track it for some reason I can't with USPS but if I use Sure Post I can get packages on the weekends. I would ...
Yep, if you read what I posted to js250, you'll see how much worse their customer service has been to me. I am pretty much done with USPS now. I can't be bothered with sure post now thanks to it being delivered by the dickheads at USPS in the end. Oh, I am definitely raising Hell with them. They disrespected me and I'm going to take this as far as I can.
08/21/2012
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
Maybe order something boring from Amazon, like vitamins or socks or something, and then use that as an excuse to retrieve your stranded order?
If it's something that usually fits in the mailbox, they just shove it in there instead. My mailbox is on the street and not near my home. The post office over here is a whole new level of incompetent. I'm at war with them now that they called me back and disrespected me. Basically, it's on now.
08/21/2012
Total posts: 11
Unique posters: 6