Have you ever been locked out?

surreptitious surreptitious
I have a friend who is currently locked out of her account, though she doesn't think that she'd broken any rules. She can still receive private messages and emails from EF. The message that she gets is the following: "Your account is locked, please contact customer service: (888) 506-5516." She's called customer service, and they gave her an email address to contact, but she hasn't heard back yet and she's freaking out.

I just thought that I'd ask if anyone else had been locked out for a technical reason, and if so, what it was. I've searched the forums and haven't come up with any answers, so hopefully someone has some insight.
03/20/2013
  • It's Better Than Real! Buy 1 Dildo Or Anal Toy And Get 1 FRE
  • Try a luxury harness with a dildo and save 45% on a kit!
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Cindi025 Cindi025
Quote:
Originally posted by surreptitious
I have a friend who is currently locked out of her account, though she doesn't think that she'd broken any rules. She can still receive private messages and emails from EF. The message that she gets is the following: "Your account is ... More
i just got an email back.. a lot of accounts are getting locked for points violations... didn't take but 10 mins and they had mine back up and running.. if she didn't break any rules she should get it back.
03/20/2013
surreptitious surreptitious
Quote:
Originally posted by Cindi025
i just got an email back.. a lot of accounts are getting locked for points violations... didn't take but 10 mins and they had mine back up and running.. if she didn't break any rules she should get it back.
She just messaged me and mentioned that she just got unlocked and had the same problem as you! I was coming to say that the problem was resolved. Thank you so much for replying!
03/20/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by surreptitious
She just messaged me and mentioned that she just got unlocked and had the same problem as you! I was coming to say that the problem was resolved. Thank you so much for replying!
Yes, it happened to me, as well! And thanks Cindi for replying & surreptitious for starting the discussion! I am so happy that they locked accounts for point farming, that my fear about what I had done wrong, was worth it!
03/20/2013
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
No idea why but mine was earlier for a short amount of time. I found it odd as I had just accepted an assignment that was assigned to me and I didn't get any type of email stating my account was locked or why. I had a friend login for me an it let her login from her computer in another state. After she logged on I was able to get in and change my password and resume normal activity
03/20/2013
Cosmonaut Cosmonaut
That's weird. No I haven't had that happen to me before. Maybe they thought she was a spam account point farming?
03/20/2013
XxFallenAngelxX XxFallenAngelxX
I've never had that happen. That's odd.
03/20/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Cosmonaut
That's weird. No I haven't had that happen to me before. Maybe they thought she was a spam account point farming?
The email response from EF said they had just locked the accounts of many members today for point violations. I was told I had been inadvertently locked out with that group. I'm delighted that they busted a bunch of point farmers But man, was I a mess trying to figure out what was wrong! When I saw Cindi's reply, I felt better that it wasn't just me, silly, but I did.
03/21/2013
bratcat bratcat
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
The email response from EF said they had just locked the accounts of many members today for point violations. I was told I had been inadvertently locked out with that group. I'm delighted that they busted a bunch of point farmers But man, was I ... More
I'm actually pretty happy to hear that eden is cracking down on point farming, but i know my reaction would have been the same as yours - panic of what rules i may have violated or what i could have done (i actually did that the day the point system changed checking all the private policies and such because i didnt realize the changes had been made and thought i had done something wrong).
03/21/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by *Camoprincess*
No idea why but mine was earlier for a short amount of time. I found it odd as I had just accepted an assignment that was assigned to me and I didn't get any type of email stating my account was locked or why. I had a friend login for me an it ... More
They never sent me an email about being locked out, I saw this message in the login box when my login attempt failed: (in red lettered words), "Your account is locked, please contact customer service: (888) 506-5516." When I called that number, the man told me all he knew was to tell anyone that called about being locked out to email Ilya. I was very worried for just over an hour before I received the response & I was again able to login. Surreptitious was sweet enough make a discussion as she tried to help me figure out what happened!
I'm very interested in who else may have had this happen. I was happy that my IP wasn't blocked, so I was able to read this thread, just not post.
03/21/2013
Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by bratcat
I'm actually pretty happy to hear that eden is cracking down on point farming, but i know my reaction would have been the same as yours - panic of what rules i may have violated or what i could have done (i actually did that the day the point ... More
Isn't it great to hear that they are on top of it? I also heard back & they said a few people were mistakenly included because they needed to move fast. I'm really, really happy to hear that they did this.

Thanks for telling me you would react the same way. I felt foolish because I knew I didn't do anything wrong, but I couldn't help wondering if I inadvertently did something! Typical reaction of a regular rule follower, while a rule breaker wouldn't even be phased.
03/21/2013
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
They never sent me an email about being locked out, I saw this message in the login box when my login attempt failed: (in red lettered words), "Your account is locked, please contact customer service: (888) 506-5516." When I called that ... More
I must have fallen in the tossed in by accident cause no lie I had JUST accepted a DR assignment but I never got the "your account is locked call" thing it just kept telling me my username and password were wrong. So I freaked since I was literally on minutes before, my cousin could get in her account and my brother into his but, me poor me couldn't get into mine. Like I said I had a friend in another state on another IP try to login and it let her in why I have NO IDEA! Whatever it did when she logged in it allowed me back in and to change my password.
03/21/2013
Hazeleyes2012 Hazeleyes2012
So far mine has been fine....
03/21/2013
GONE! GONE!
Mine is fine but is anyone else having problems logging in? I had to jump through a billion pages to find a sign in link because the drop-down menu in the corner isn't working.
03/21/2013
MrWishyWashy MrWishyWashy
I've never had that happen.
03/24/2013
SMichelle SMichelle
I've never experienced this.
03/24/2013
AmethystQueen AmethystQueen
I just got locked out for yesterday and a bit of today, but obviously just got reinstated.

It seems it's frowned upon if you try to accumulate all the points that are offered to you in a day and repeat that process every day. So.....I'll take my slap on the hand and proceed with caution.

Just wanted to stop in here and post in case anyone else is curious as to why they got locked out of their account. I came here to read this thread when it happened and none of the previously discussed scenarios applied to my situation so this gives someone else another reason.

I originally got the locked out message in the login box and then called and then sent an e-mail. I received a response soon enough with the reason I was locked out clearly stated. I presented my case against the lockout and mercy was given to me.

All in all, I feel it was a very fair process.
04/05/2013
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Quote:
Originally posted by AmethystQueen
I just got locked out for yesterday and a bit of today, but obviously just got reinstated.

It seems it's frowned upon if you try to accumulate all the points that are offered to you in a day and repeat that process every day. ... More
Same thing happened to me today. I did not also think I did anything wrong. But I guess I will have to take my time on daily stuff. Even though I am on here every day and sitting around. I can't help I read and type fast. I also have to take my time in between people while working. I don't think I was going thru things fast especially emails I get from reviews I follow it takes me forever because I usually have like over 10 of them in my email box.

I guess I will tread lightly and slowly from now on. I always do what I am supposed to do on here and even after I get my daily points I am still looking at stuff and commenting and voting on reviews and checking out the forum if that was the case I get my points and sign out but I don't.

I heard others were having issues too I am glad I am not the only one. I was trying to find something in the forums about this as well. Thanks to a member she found this thread for me so I can read.

I am glad they are starting to crack down on this and I am also glad they opened my account back up. I don't know what I would have done I talk too a bunch of people on here as well.
04/05/2013
snowminx snowminx
Quote:
Originally posted by AmethystQueen
I just got locked out for yesterday and a bit of today, but obviously just got reinstated.

It seems it's frowned upon if you try to accumulate all the points that are offered to you in a day and repeat that process every day. ... More
"It seems it's frowned upon if you try to accumulate all the points that are offered to you in a day and repeat that process every day." Talk about a double edged sword lol They give you points to have but they don't want you to earn them all. that's just....I don't know what to say about that.
I understand messages that are like a couple words or something but I don't see what's wrong with wanting to get all the points you can if you are adding your own opinion or giving advice. For me I think it's more of a personal challenge now to see how many points I can get in a day =P
I'm just glad I haven't been locked out (yet)
Also why do they give you a number to call if they just are going to tell you to email someone??? Wouldn't it be more productive just to have the email in the error instead of the phone number?
04/12/2013
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Quote:
Originally posted by snowminx
"It seems it's frowned upon if you try to accumulate all the points that are offered to you in a day and repeat that process every day." Talk about a double edged sword lol They give you points to have but they don't want you to ... More
It is not frowned upon. What they are saying is don't go rushing thru and getting them within seconds if you space it out while you are on here then that is fine. If not then it is point farming.
04/12/2013
Ilya Ilya
Quote:
Originally posted by snowminx
"It seems it's frowned upon if you try to accumulate all the points that are offered to you in a day and repeat that process every day." Talk about a double edged sword lol They give you points to have but they don't want you to ... More
"I don't see what's wrong with wanting to get all the points you can if you are adding your own opinion or giving advice."

Nothing wrong with that. But you see, if you post 10 comments, rate 10 products and 10 reviews in a minute, every day - there is no "opinion", it's just farming points.

Add/remove favorite products 5 times per day (in a few seconds time) every day? It gets even better when you have 5 of the same product but in all available sizes as your "favorite".

Set alerts 5 times per day in a few seconds time, every day?

Toggling wishlist public/private daily until you hit the limit?

Hundreds of "email wishlist to a friend" and "email product comparison to a friend"?

Thousands of facebook likes by fake facebook accounts...

I can go on, but point is, this was never meant to be a clicking competition. We are doing our best to be fair to everyone. Locking accounts isn't done on a whim, but is a thoroughly researched affair. If your account gets locked, we will work with you and a lot of times come to a resolution everyone is happy with.
The point program was unmonitored for a while, but we had to make changes due to activities mentioned above and more.
04/12/2013
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Quote:
Originally posted by Ilya
"I don't see what's wrong with wanting to get all the points you can if you are adding your own opinion or giving advice."

Nothing wrong with that. But you see, if you post 10 comments, rate 10 products and 10 reviews in a ... More
Thank you for explaining it in more depth. I was explaining it from what I was told and now I understand what you guy's mean.

Sometimes I get ahead of myself when I am bored but after this incident I am more cautious. I love it here and don't want to go because of this. I do all that I am required to do and then on here doing other things.
04/12/2013
Zombirella Zombirella
Quote:
Originally posted by PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Same thing happened to me today. I did not also think I did anything wrong. But I guess I will have to take my time on daily stuff. Even though I am on here every day and sitting around. I can't help I read and type fast. I also have to take my ... More
You aren't alone.
04/13/2013
Total posts: 23
Unique posters: 16