Why are some products not available / available anymore?

veggieguy veggieguy
I am new to this site and have to say I really love it. Especially the 1:1 photos are very helpful and the customer reviews. This is like Amazon for dildos

I have a question. Many of the dildos that I ordered recently were not available at your store and I wanted to know why. For example.

Dr. Philgood has a label "discontinued". Does that mean that you discontinued it or does the manufacturer not offer it anymore?

The VixSkin Outlaw is out of stock. I guess this means, it was available but is sold out and Vixen Creations is producing or sending new ones.

However waht about the TitanMen Francois Sagat, TitanMen Marco Blaze and James Deen silicone. All of the are out of stock. Will they all be coming back?
08/18/2013
  • Weekly Special: Hot Vibes! Buy 1 Vibrator And Get 1 FREE
  • Better Price Sale - Save 50%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 70%
  • Better Price Sale - Save 60%
  • Better Price - Save 40%
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Quote:
Originally posted by veggieguy
I am new to this site and have to say I really love it. Especially the 1:1 photos are very helpful and the customer reviews. This is like Amazon for dildos

I have a question. Many of the dildos that I ordered recently were not available at ... More
Welcome to the site!

Items do get discontinued from time to time. Sometimes Eden decides not to carry that item any longer, or the manufacturer stops making it. They also like to keep their inventory new and fresh, so sometimes they discontinue items to bring in newer ones. It's actually a pretty common thing to have happen.

When an item says "out of stock", it usually means that the product is going to make a return (although there have been a few occasions in my time here that it ended up being discontinued). Sometimes products will have an estimated arrival date on their pages. If there's something you're urgently waiting on, submit a support ticket and they'll be able to give you more information on that item.
08/18/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Welcome to the site!

Items do get discontinued from time to time. Sometimes Eden decides not to carry that item any longer, or the manufacturer stops making it. They also like to keep their inventory new and fresh, so sometimes they ... More
Thank you for replying, Dawn! Perfect answer!

Adult toys are quite similar to the fashion industry -- new items come in and last season's items get bumped for them. This is common across all adult retailers; it's just a little more visible on EF due to the review program.
08/19/2013
veggieguy veggieguy
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Thank you for replying, Dawn! Perfect answer!

Adult toys are quite similar to the fashion industry -- new items come in and last season's items get bumped for them. This is common across all adult retailers; it's just a little more ... More
Thank you for your reply. I never thought that there are so many new adult toys being released every year. I thought once a dildo was created it'd be available for all time

Like the my first dildo I bought, the Jeff Stryker cock, about ten yeras ago. I see it is still available, but I guess, it is one of the all-time classics, which is probably still selling very good (never would have thought that since Jeff Stryker is a retired porn star as far as I know).

But I love EF. The review program is fantastic and all the detailed information. Especially the list about how safe the certain materials are, is very helpful for me!
08/19/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by veggieguy
Thank you for your reply. I never thought that there are so many new adult toys being released every year. I thought once a dildo was created it'd be available for all time

Like the my first dildo I bought, the Jeff Stryker cock, about ... More
It's kind of mind boggling how many are released at once. I saw a press release about Doc Johnson (I think it was DJ) sometime last year saying they had 140+ new products they were rolling out before the end of the year.

Materials change, motors/batteries are improved, new designs are created...it's really fascinating when you get into the heart of it all. Some items are rebranded across a slew of other major names (like the Bedroom Kandi collection is all OhmiBod/Sliquid products, just with Kandi Burress's name on it). If you're ever interested, check out xbiz.com and avn.com for industry news updates.
08/19/2013
Total posts: 5
Unique posters: 3