#Announcement - Edenfantasys Product Selection

Kitka Kitka
Great news and I look forward to seeing the changes around here!
02/28/2013
js250 js250
I remember the hype and panic last year when you made big changes...I know you guys are going to have a definite improvement again--you strive to keep EF edgy and on top for customer service, products and the programs. Thanks for the heads up and will try to patiently wait for more news. (Patiently, lol, yeah....right!!!!)
02/28/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
I remember the hype and panic last year when you made big changes...I know you guys are going to have a definite improvement again--you strive to keep EF edgy and on top for customer service, products and the programs. Thanks for the heads up and ... More
Hahahaha I promise it will be tre awesome. I know we tend to keep you all on your toes. Before I was staff, as a contributor it became something I really looked forward to and now that I have my hands in the cookie jar it's even more exciting. Trust me, even if you all think we aren't listening we read all of your ideas, suggestions and complaints and we do take them to heart.
02/28/2013
Ansley Ansley
So here's the skinny:

- Products: Duplicate Items and items that are so similar they are indistinguishable, as someone mentioned the 50 different styles of bullets we have, will be dwindled to the top selling/rated products in their respective categories. This is all of the information I have at this time. The most useful application of this info would be to sort by rating when you search products. When I have more information I will gladly share it.

This thread is merely letting you all know that we've seen your concerns across the forum and social media and wanted to address it. If an item has been out of stock for months and it is not a glass toy, chances are it will not be restocked.

Lingerie is seasonal, this area will constantly be adding and discontinuing styles.

- Review Program Changes: This is what I was talking about in my response to Airen on the other page. Until we see these changes in action, they could change at any time so that's why I don't want to go into specifics, get your hopes up and then it doesn't happen.
02/28/2013
PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Looking forward to see what is going on.
02/28/2013
Lady of the Lab Lady of the Lab
I have a question, are books being phased out? I've noticed that certain books are being discontinued, including a few of the most popular ones...
02/28/2013
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of the Lab
I have a question, are books being phased out? I've noticed that certain books are being discontinued, including a few of the most popular ones...
We're looking into new media options but we are wanting to stock things that are highly informative and educational instead of just "how to perform oral sex". I mean that's great and all but you google and find a thousand websites that offer some sort of advice of this nature.

If you happen to know of any books that talk about feminism in a real and meaningful way or that focus on the historical impacts society has made in regards to sex and gender-equality, or LGBT equality, that would be a fantastic suggestion for the Eden Should Carry threads.
02/28/2013
Lady of the Lab Lady of the Lab
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
We're looking into new media options but we are wanting to stock things that are highly informative and educational instead of just "how to perform oral sex". I mean that's great and all but you google and find a thousand websites ... More
Okay, I was curious because both Anal Pleasure & Health and Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes were discontinued; I would argue they are much more informative & educational than their present counterparts (Tickle my tush and DARE to Try Bondage respectively).

I'll keep on the lookout for such books involving feminism aforementioned because I believe books can be a great gift ~
02/28/2013
socceras socceras
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
While change has always been a constant here at Eden, there are some new changes taking place that we wanted to share with you.

We have started shifting direction with the products that Eden is carrying, and will carry. These changes are ... More
Sounds good. I can't wait to see what the new opportunities are.
02/28/2013
Edeneve Edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
My only question is: can we be notified which products will be discontinued so if we want it we can nab or or know in advance?

I'm sorry, that's just not going to be feesible.

I lied about only one question, but this is more of ... More
yay! glad to see there will be this list.
02/28/2013
GonetoLovehoney GonetoLovehoney
With the phase-out I take it that there might be sales of the items that will be eliminated from the lineup so you guys can get something off of them?
02/28/2013
kendra30752 kendra30752
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of the Lab
Okay, I was curious because both Anal Pleasure & Health and Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes were discontinued; I would argue they are much more informative & educational than their present counterparts (Tickle my tush and DARE to Try ... More
Now those are books I get into! Feminism -- right up my alley. This is good news for me. I'll keep it in mind for the EFSC thread.

03/01/2013
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by SMichelle
I am wondering if you guys are starting to phase out the lingerie selection... I really hope not, as lingerie is the main thing that I purchase.

I have a wishlist devoted solely to lingerie, and I just went through and counted.. only 8 of the ... More
The lingerie selection will continue to grow.
03/01/2013
Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by Fluke
Are you shifting your focus away from toys for men to a female exclusive site? Because every 2 weeks there's about 50 new dildo/vibrators and at least that much again in lingerie and maybe 4-5 toys for guys and they are all basically the same ... More
The short answer is no. First of all, there are just way more toys designed and produced for the female anatomy, than for men. But the change is mainly just focusing on the most unique and proven toys, where endless variations are involved. An good example would be the Rabbit. Why carry 80 different Rabbits? Perhaps, that number will become 5 to 10 and will include the best value, the best rated, and the most original designs.
03/01/2013
Lovely Jubblies Lovely Jubblies
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
The short answer is no. First of all, there are just way more toys designed and produced for the female anatomy, than for men. But the change is mainly just focusing on the most unique and proven toys, where endless variations are involved. An good ... More
I think this seems like a great idea. It's ironic though that just yesterday yet another 'looks like all the others, sub $20 cock ring in three different colors with removable bullet' was added to the new products!
03/01/2013
freshbananas freshbananas
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
While change has always been a constant here at Eden, there are some new changes taking place that we wanted to share with you.

We have started shifting direction with the products that Eden is carrying, and will carry. These changes are ... More
Very excited to see these changes!
03/01/2013
Do emu Do emu
Quote:
Originally posted by freshbananas
Very excited to see these changes!
Me too! I love how Eden constantly changes and adapts for the better.
03/01/2013
geliebt geliebt
Quote:
Originally posted by Do emu
Me too! I love how Eden constantly changes and adapts for the better.
Same! I'm bummed about some of the discontinued stuff, but way way excited to see what will be coming!
03/01/2013
Mr. E Mr. E
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
The short answer is no. First of all, there are just way more toys designed and produced for the female anatomy, than for men. But the change is mainly just focusing on the most unique and proven toys, where endless variations are involved. An good ... More
Quoting from Gary above: "Why carry 80 different Rabbits? Perhaps, that number will become 5 to 10 and will include the best value, the best rated, and the most original designs."

When I do a category search, I see that Eden currently carries 200 Rabbit Vibrators. Even more than that when you consider that many of these are available in multiple colors.

I think we will all agree there is significant overlap and duplication in SOME categories, while other categories are lacking.

200+ rabbits is too many. However to suggest that an offering of just 5 to 10 different rabbits is the direction Eden is heading is a bit worriesome. I personally don't feel the rabbit category can be adequately represented with just 10 SKU's. Each customer is different. We have many different body types, experience levels, safety concerns and budgets. There are reasons to have different materials, sizes, shapes and functions available in the marketplace. The breadth of Eden's inventory is one the big advantages Eden has and one of the things that drew me in. This is the BEST site to research, compare and make informed toy purchasing decisions.

I understand the importance of any business to manage their inventory, but these sound like drastic changes. An overcorrection? I hope I am misreading your post. Please tell me that Eden is not intending to cut their inventory offerings so dramatically.
03/01/2013
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Stormy can't make announcements about what products will be discontinued or stocked because that is handled by a department that is always making these decisions. The changes are dynamic and are based on buying trends and how well the products can stock and be brought in in the quantities that EF needs. It's a process that always happens and can't be set down in stone on any given day.

In the going on five years I have been here no specific subset of products has ever been totally discontinued. So there will be male toys,. lingerie, sex furniture of some sort and dildos, vibes, clit toys...you name it and it's probably still gonna be here. The amount offered might change and the variety but this is always the case.
03/01/2013
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
The lingerie selection will continue to grow.
Love the sound of that!
03/01/2013
Ryuson Ryuson
Hey there, I just was wondering if makeup was being phased out entirely, or if it was still going to get some new products added to replace what got taken off the site? Otherwise this sounds like an interesting change. Thanks for the heads up that a lot more things will get discontinued, I'll have to place a large order soon!
03/01/2013
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
Hey there, I just was wondering if makeup was being phased out entirely, or if it was still going to get some new products added to replace what got taken off the site? Otherwise this sounds like an interesting change. Thanks for the heads up that a ... More
I'd like to know this too (and I think quite a few others would as well)!
03/01/2013
evie.amor evie.amor
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
With points being easily attainable and the FANTASTIC sales that are always being run I think we will still have plenty of items to review. I am happy that we will still have a say in the products that are available. Having three different types of ... More
Haha I bashfully admit that I relate to Airen Wolf's "pschotically hate change" comment.

While change can be scary, it's often for the best! I'm sure whatever changes will occur here at EF will be beneficial for the customers and community. Hopefully none of the items I want will be taken off!
03/01/2013
SaraBroughman SaraBroughman
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
With points being easily attainable and the FANTASTIC sales that are always being run I think we will still have plenty of items to review. I am happy that we will still have a say in the products that are available. Having three different types of ... More
I completely agree. This is really nice, actually. Thank you for the "warning" and the Eden Should Carry section. We do have a really nice reviewer community and EF is a great site.
03/01/2013
jennifur77 jennifur77
I'm really hoping for an expanded book sextion. I mean section.
03/02/2013
VeganChick (is Gone) VeganChick (is Gone)
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. E
Quoting from Gary above: "Why carry 80 different Rabbits? Perhaps, that number will become 5 to 10 and will include the best value, the best rated, and the most original designs."

When I do a category search, I see that Eden ... More
I agree. Going down to only 5 or 10 products per category seems drastic.
03/02/2013
roskat roskat
Can't wait to see what kind of changes are coming.
03/02/2013
Gone (LD29) Gone (LD29)
I'm personally really excited to see what's coming!
03/02/2013
Femme Mystique Femme Mystique
Quote:
Originally posted by VeganChick (is Gone)
I agree. Going down to only 5 or 10 products per category seems drastic.
Agreed. Only 5-10 seems very drastic. From 200 to 5 is a 97% reduction in product line. What set EF apart for me was the wide variety. I shopped at two competitors before who had smaller product lines, and the initial difference here was simply selection. I agree that 200 rabbits is excessive, but eliminating that many is whoa scary. With so many people having such unique needs, I just don't see how you can fit the needs of most with that few products.
03/04/2013
Total posts: 112
Unique posters: 76