Are you annoyed by useless comments?

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Are you annoyed by useless comments?

Falsepast Falsepast
Is anyone else seriously getting annoyed by the useless comments on products?
I go on a page for a masturbator and someone has a comment of 2 emoticons arguing...that's it. How does that in any way make any sense?
On multiple pages (over 5) I found 2 people just spamming the comments with smiley face emoticons.

I don't know. i personally find it irritating.
Answers (private voting - your screen name will NOT appear in the results):
yes
27  (40%)
no
34  (50%)
other -_-
7  (10%)
Total votes: 68
Poll is closed
05/21/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Emerlyn Emerlyn
Yes. Yes I do.
05/21/2012
ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
I don't pay much attention to them so I could care less. Not that I think is right or anything, it would be nice if that kind of activity could be stopped.
05/21/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
The only thing about comments that annoyed me in the past, was that under the old product page format they were grouped together with reviews under one tab (so it looked like a product had 20 reviews, when in reality it had 2). However, they appear to be completely separate now.
05/21/2012
Beck Beck
No because in reality they are all useless. They don't add any value unless they are a mini review. Saying "this is cute", "Looks nice", or is no different. Neither one of them add value. Commenting telling us that you have this and so and so about it does add value.
05/21/2012
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
I never look at the comments on a product. I don't really care.

But if you see obvious spamming, let a staff member know so it can be handled.
05/21/2012
Melan!e Melan!e
I don't let it get to me.
05/21/2012
CindyH CindyH
i sure am
05/21/2012
bayosgirl bayosgirl
Meh. I've got more pressing issues in my life to be upset about.
05/21/2012
sktb0007 sktb0007
No I ignore it. The ones that I find are harder to ignore is the ones that look like this:

sdgsdgshj


and that's it. I mean, that's just ridiculous.
05/21/2012
gloomybear gloomybear
i ignore it because the only thing that really matters are the reviews
05/21/2012
js250 js250
Eden should remove the emoticon option for comments on reviews and products. I just ignore them, so they do not bother me but I think it is a waste.
05/21/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
Eden should remove the emoticon option for comments on reviews and products. I just ignore them, so they do not bother me but I think it is a waste.
I like the emoticons.

ETA: I spoke too soon. I went to THIS product page and it says the massager has 21 "reviews."
05/21/2012
Khanner Khanner
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
No I ignore it. The ones that I find are harder to ignore is the ones that look like this:

sdgsdgshj


and that's it. I mean, that's just ridiculous.
I've seen that, too. Also the people who put just 3 random letters in review/product comments.
05/21/2012
Khanner Khanner
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I like the emoticons.

ETA: I spoke too soon. I went to THIS product page and it says the massager has 21 "reviews."
I'm always confused when the layout changes like that. Does that just happen with new products or what?
05/21/2012
Sugarfina Sugarfina
Quote:
Originally posted by Falsepast
Is anyone else seriously getting annoyed by the useless comments on products?
I go on a page for a masturbator and someone has a comment of 2 emoticons arguing...that's it. How does that in any way make any sense?
On multiple pages (over 5) ...
Yeah I try to just ignore them and to not leave spammy comments myself. There's really no point in spamming and it's really dumb. But yeah, I wish they'd stop too.
05/21/2012
Sugarfina Sugarfina
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
I like the emoticons.

ETA: I spoke too soon. I went to THIS product page and it says the massager has 21 "reviews."
Yeah that bugs me too. A lot of the products do. And some will say they have 3 "reviews" which means I can't request a good product for free assignment, and THAT irritates me.
05/21/2012
Nora29714 Nora29714
um... no why would it.
05/21/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarfina
Yeah that bugs me too. A lot of the products do. And some will say they have 3 "reviews" which means I can't request a good product for free assignment, and THAT irritates me.
Product comments do not get added to the review tally. While there may not be three physical reviews published, that does not mean there isn't something waiting in the wings that hasn't been published yet.
05/21/2012
lexical lexical
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
No I ignore it. The ones that I find are harder to ignore is the ones that look like this:

sdgsdgshj


and that's it. I mean, that's just ridiculous.
Wow, for real? I've never seen that! That is absurd.
05/21/2012
Rossie Rossie
I ignore them although it does get a bit annoying. I don't even bother to add my comments, unless it's an item I'm interested in.
05/21/2012
Badass Badass
Quote:
Originally posted by bayosgirl
Meh. I've got more pressing issues in my life to be upset about.
I concur.
05/21/2012
Crystal1 Crystal1
I get more annoyed by useless comments on reviews. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE when people read my reviews and comment. But I don't love spending like half an hour a day clicking through my e-mail notifications about new comments, 90% of which are smiley faces or just "Thanks!"
05/21/2012
Missmarc Missmarc
Quote:
Originally posted by Falsepast
Is anyone else seriously getting annoyed by the useless comments on products?
I go on a page for a masturbator and someone has a comment of 2 emoticons arguing...that's it. How does that in any way make any sense?
On multiple pages (over 5) ...
Nah, I don't think it matters. That section is meant to be used for spamming.
05/21/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Product comments do not get added to the review tally. While there may not be three physical reviews published, that does not mean there isn't something waiting in the wings that hasn't been published yet.
Charlotte and I are speaking of two different things.

When I view the product page I linked in my earlier post, there are three tabs on the left hand side: Overview, Reviews, and Forum. Next to "Reviews" is the number 21. However, the product doesn't have any reviews yet. It's actually 21 comments. That's what I was referring to.
05/21/2012
tiggle biddies tiggle biddies
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
No I ignore it. The ones that I find are harder to ignore is the ones that look like this:

sdgsdgshj


and that's it. I mean, that's just ridiculous.
lol yea that's too obvious
if you're gonna farm for points at least try to look coherent
05/21/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Petite Valentine
Charlotte and I are speaking of two different things.

When I view the product page I linked in my earlier post, there are three tabs on the left hand side: Overview, Reviews, and Forum. Next to "Reviews" is the number 21. However, ...
Ok, but what everyone needs to understand is that was the way for people to review toys before the review program was in place. It's antiquated and irrelevant today, but those comments don't count toward the assignment allotment. If you don't see three published reviews and the system still won't let you request it as a free assignment, it's because it's been assigned to someone else and we're just waiting on those reviews to come in.
05/21/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
They only bother me when they're nonsense. I don't mind the "I like the shape!" or "That color would look bad with my skintone" because they do add to the conversation a bit. I myself tend to comment on things like that just saying something like "These don't look as quality as ____" or "This is the perfect thing for my next date night!"
05/21/2012
mama2007 mama2007
Quote:
Originally posted by Falsepast
Is anyone else seriously getting annoyed by the useless comments on products?
I go on a page for a masturbator and someone has a comment of 2 emoticons arguing...that's it. How does that in any way make any sense?
On multiple pages (over 5) ...
yep it's annoying to me too or 1 word comments on a review
05/21/2012
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by lexical
Wow, for real? I've never seen that! That is absurd.
Yeah it was happening quite a bit during the last double points week. I haven't seen it recently though.
05/21/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 52
Unique posters: 46