Buying a for a fellow reviewer!

  • Get FREE 5 Gifts with Orders $59+

Buying a for a fellow reviewer!

Miss Nessa Miss Nessa
I wanted to buy something for another reviewer. I wanted to do it as a surprise. How would I do that. I don't know what she has, and does not have. I was thinking of asking her to send me one of her wishlist. I think doing that will give it away. So how do I do it? I plan on buying her something in two weeks. So I have TWO WEEKS! lol hahaha

Can someone help me?

I thought about doing a gift card, so she can get what she wants. My boyfriend thinks I should not do the gift card. I should buy the item for her this way I can control the limit. He also feels gift cards are meaningless, less personal.
07/26/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
dopy dopy
Get a brand new item that has just come out. This way there is very little chance your friend already has the item.
07/26/2011
Miss Nessa Miss Nessa
Quote:
Originally posted by dopy
Get a brand new item that has just come out. This way there is very little chance your friend already has the item.
Good idea! I never thought about that.
07/26/2011
Antipova Antipova
Some people have published their public wishlists, and if they're a reviewer there's a good chance they do! Check out a thread like this one, the original poster has her wishlist "giftable." So if you scroll down to the first item on her list that's in stock (the Zook, right now), you can clikc the little cart/balloon icon and guy it for her as a gift! It ships to her, without telling you her address. Pretty cool s ystem, right? So all you have to do is convince your recipient to post to that thread...
07/26/2011
M121212 M121212
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Some people have published their public wishlists, and if they're a reviewer there's a good chance they do! Check out a thread like this one, the original poster has her wishlist "giftable." So if you scroll down to the first item ...
Awesome.
07/26/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Nessa
I wanted to buy something for another reviewer. I wanted to do it as a surprise. How would I do that. I don't know what she has, and does not have. I was thinking of asking her to send me one of her wishlist. I think doing that will give it away. ...
That's so sweet of you!

And that's why I have wishlists out there. I've even got things of things I already own.

I think the best part would be to look at her reviews and see what she likes and what she doesn't!
07/26/2011
Miss Nessa Miss Nessa
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Some people have published their public wishlists, and if they're a reviewer there's a good chance they do! Check out a thread like this one, the original poster has her wishlist "giftable." So if you scroll down to the first item ...
Thanks so much! I have one more question!
what if they buy something off that list before you can get to it. will the item be removed from the list? Just incase?
07/26/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
I wish more people would advertise their most wanted toy wishlist for this reason. It totally blows the thrill and surprise if ya have to damn well ask!

If she doesn't have a public wishlist - you could casually ask if she has a list of wanted items and you share yours with her. I had to do that with someone I sent a toy to and she wasn't aware of what I was doing.

I believe it will show up in her wishlist that it has been gifted and by who shortly after you do it. Or at least that's how it worked with the secret santa.
But she will only see if she goes through her list.
07/26/2011
Kindred Kindred
An item will only appear as purchased or gifted if it is purchased from the wish list. If they added the item from the product page, I'm pretty sure the wish list won't reflect this.
07/26/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
An item will only appear as purchased or gifted if it is purchased from the wish list. If they added the item from the product page, I'm pretty sure the wish list won't reflect this.
And it stays on the wishlist until manually removed as well.
07/26/2011
Ansley Ansley
How very sweet of you. If she doesn't have a public wishlist, maybe you can convince her to put one up? Or maybe every member of Eden now thinks you're talking about her and is frantically rushing to publish a wishlist you can see!

I second all of the other suggestions about looking through the reviews this user has published to see what they do or don't like and go from there. You're a smart cookie, you can handle it!
07/26/2011
Ryuson Ryuson
I'd take a look at the comments she's been making! I know that I tend to talk a lot about toys I want in the forum when I really like them!
07/26/2011
Acorn Acorn
I actually thought about doing this the other day, right before you posted this thread. As others have said, it should be pretty easy to get an idea of what she likes if her wish list isn't public. I also thought the idea of getting a new item was really good.
07/26/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Nessa
Thanks so much! I have one more question!
what if they buy something off that list before you can get to it. will the item be removed from the list? Just incase?
They'll probably have to remove it themselves, but most people do, I think.
07/26/2011
Total posts: 14
Unique posters: 11