Did Canadian shipping rates go up?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Did Canadian shipping rates go up?

Sangsara Sangsara
last month- and since i've been on eden, there was an option called UPS Canada Standard. the base shipping was $18 then added a buck or two for each purchase you added. now it starts at $21.99 and its called UPS worldwide except its a different price than if you click on International and get UPS worldwide rates. what happened? is it just a glitch?
07/08/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by Sangsara
last month- and since i've been on eden, there was an option called UPS Canada Standard. the base shipping was $18 then added a buck or two for each purchase you added. now it starts at $21.99 and its called UPS worldwide except its a different ...
I believe it's changed. Yeah, shipping used to start at like $15 for Canada and go up from there (when I first joined). Now it's $21.99 to start. I only order when I have an assignment (to get free shipping) because shipping is just way too high.
07/08/2012
Melan!e Melan!e
Ya I was bummed to see that change too. It's pretty recent. When my partner made an order a month ago it was still at 15$ and increase 1$ with each item. It doesn't increase in 1$ increments anymore. I noticed now that when you add more to your cart it suddenly jumps from 21.99 to 24.99 then to 27.99 and so on... Not sure how they've got this all worked out now but I'd be interested to know.
07/08/2012
K101 K101
Quote:
Originally posted by sktb0007
I believe it's changed. Yeah, shipping used to start at like $15 for Canada and go up from there (when I first joined). Now it's $21.99 to start. I only order when I have an assignment (to get free shipping) because shipping is just way too high.
Wow. I really didn't understand any of that. I guess because I'm in the US so I don't see this "base shipping" and such when I check out. I knew it was really high for CA, but wow! Why did it go up even higher? That's crazy. Have you guys asked why it's gone up? I mean does it suddenly cost more to ship to CA? I'm curious.

To ship to me, which is in the same state as EF, Georgia, it costs $6-7. I'm only about an hour and a half to 2 hours away from where EF is located too.
07/08/2012
Sangsara Sangsara
Quote:
Originally posted by K101
Wow. I really didn't understand any of that. I guess because I'm in the US so I don't see this "base shipping" and such when I check out. I knew it was really high for CA, but wow! Why did it go up even higher? That's crazy. ...
Thats what I don't get- Ryuson has sent me a bunch of stuff and is have several people around the states- from Kentucky to California to New Mexico and it never costs more than $10. Ryuson sent me like 6 toys the first time and it was still under $10
07/08/2012
Geogeo Geogeo
It's super angering, plus you have the COD costs. It's getting ridiculous. I too only get shipments when I have a review item with free shipping which unfortunately limits me to only one order a month. I may have to stop ordering all together if the COD costs keep being so high too.
07/08/2012
sktb0007 sktb0007
Quote:
Originally posted by Geogeo
It's super angering, plus you have the COD costs. It's getting ridiculous. I too only get shipments when I have a review item with free shipping which unfortunately limits me to only one order a month. I may have to stop ordering all together ...
Well the customs fees are fairly regular and unavoidable. I remember when they were shipping UPS and not only did the receiver get customs fees but we also got brokerage fees as well (charged by UPS for there service). That was scary. $50+ bucks every time at the door.
07/09/2012
Sangsara Sangsara
well I've come to expect that HST will be added because eden doesn't add it and here in B.C. we pay a 12% sales tax EVERY time that we buy anything (then us poor folk get about $100 back every 3 months which is nowhwere near what we spend but is nice) so I expect that i owe that- though paying it on free items sucks. my last order i had to pay $40. it's the new shipping i don't get and why didn't eden put out an announcement? or did we just miss it?
07/09/2012
freshbananas freshbananas
I didn't know the shipping costs to Cananda were so why, why is that?
07/09/2012
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
I was wondering! Because I have a friend in Canada that was interested in buying a large figurine that I recently painted and I went to USPS to calculate the estimated shipping, and it was going to cost $35 the CHEAPEST way to ship to her. I thought that was absolutely insane. ( Does anyone know if shipping in a flat rate box would make any difference?
07/09/2012
Forum Moderator Forum Moderator
There have been a number of changes to shipping rates. If you have questions about specific orders and what you should expect, please call or submit a support ticket to customer service. They will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Please keep in mind, UPS and USPS have different rates for corporate accounts versus just walking into a location to ship a package. Shipping rates fluctuate based on oil prices and other factors. Charges issued by Canadian customs should be address in your local customs agency.
07/09/2012
Total posts: 11
Unique posters: 8