Why are so many products "not available for purchase?

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Why are so many products "not available for purchase?

cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
In doing a product search I have found pages and pages of products that aren't available for purchase. Many of these have been on Eden for quite some time now (I'm talking months since I first noticed them), but remain out of stock.

Why? Are they going through some sort of test phase to see if they will be desired or something?
11/30/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
J's Alley J's Alley
Quote:
Originally posted by cherryredhead88
In doing a product search I have found pages and pages of products that aren't available for purchase. Many of these have been on Eden for quite some time now (I'm talking months since I first noticed them), but remain out of stock. ...
They could be some items that have not yet been released for sale.
11/30/2010
Rockin' Rockin'
Items might only be sent in limited quantities, and maybe they use the reviews to see if they might sell well. I've seen some products with great reviews that are still not available, though, so it might be between EF and the manufacturer.

I asked about a product that had been "not available" for a few months and was told that if it wasn't being carried now, it probably wouldn't be carried at all. I think if you have questions about a specific product, you could email someone on the staff about it, but otherwise I'd just set an alert if it's an option. ^_^
11/30/2010
cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
Items might only be sent in limited quantities, and maybe they use the reviews to see if they might sell well. I've seen some products with great reviews that are still not available, though, so it might be between EF and the ...
Lol I have tons of alerts set... I was just curious because there have been about 50 items I have seen, a few different ones that I have seen for a couple months like the Criss Cross and Sailor vibrators, etc.

It is such a friggin to tease to see all these products and the "Discontinued ones as well. Plus half of what I want has been out of stock for over a month. Eden must be getting cleaned out pretty good huh?
11/30/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by cherryredhead88
In doing a product search I have found pages and pages of products that aren't available for purchase. Many of these have been on Eden for quite some time now (I'm talking months since I first noticed them), but remain out of stock. ...
My guess is that they were products they decided not to carry, or have not decided on yet. Some might have even been proto-type kind of products to give feedback to the companies. For one company in particular, I know they thought they were going out of business and needed time to re-group.

So, there probably is not a set reason that is the same for all of them. But the main reason is to see how they are and if Eden wants to carry them.
11/30/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by cherryredhead88
Lol I have tons of alerts set... I was just curious because there have been about 50 items I have seen, a few different ones that I have seen for a couple months like the Criss Cross and Sailor vibrators, etc.

It is such a friggin to tease to ...
Last month they did a big clean out of what appeared to be ill selling and lower end quality products. To be honest, I was happy to see them discontinued. To me, it meant that Eden was filling the site with safer materials and better construction. I say this because the majority of the new products that are being carried are better for the body and environment. it's a good thing!
11/30/2010
B8trDude B8trDude
I also wonder if some of these are "test items" that EF sends out to reviewers. If the reviews come back positive, then perhaps they'll carry the product. If not, then they don't stock the item. I really don't know though, just a guess on my part.
11/30/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
Why don't they take the items totally off the site if they aren't going to be carried?
Ahhh, I know - it's to tease us......lmao

I'm quite interested in trying this - link

But it was reviewed on in Sept and isn't available to buy.

It sure is nice to find a company who is more concerned about peoples health. Most sites will sell ya anything!
11/30/2010
DeliciousSurprise DeliciousSurprise
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
Why don't they take the items totally off the site if they aren't going to be carried?
Ahhh, I know - it's to tease us......lmao

I'm quite interested in trying this - link

But it was reviewed on in Sept and ...
They leave items on the site even if they are no longer carried because people have written reviews on them; if you remove the product page, you remove the reviews and people's ratings fall because they no longer have XYZ number of reviews written in the past year.

At least, that's why I assume they're left up and not removed entirely.
11/30/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by DeliciousSurprise
They leave items on the site even if they are no longer carried because people have written reviews on them; if you remove the product page, you remove the reviews and people's ratings fall because they no longer have XYZ number of reviews ...
Ohhhhh, dah. Naturally. Damn Im having a thick day....lol.
Never mind me.
Cheers.

Maybe I need some sleep!!!!
11/30/2010
cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
Why don't they take the items totally off the site if they aren't going to be carried?
Ahhh, I know - it's to tease us......lmao

I'm quite interested in trying this - link

But it was reviewed on in Sept and ...
I have asked that question as well. Here is the thread for it.

I agree with Lauren as well, I'm glad to see better items coming up, it just feels like the inventory is slowly shrinking and that is the last thing I want for Eden
11/30/2010
Total posts: 11
Unique posters: 7