Any suggestions for wish list features

  • Get a FREE Bullet with Orders $59+

Any suggestions for wish list features

Neuron Geek Neuron Geek
Today we have pushed 3rd release of wish list to edenfantasys.com. Now your friends can leave the comments on your public wish lists, of cause if they know the URL, place alerts in the wish lists, see number of items and many other small improvements.

Could you please comment what else you would like to see in the wish lists or suggest a new feature. Thank you!
07/18/2008
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • Pick Any 2 E-Stim Toys, Get 60% Off A Kit
  • Stock Up On Gifts! Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Bulma Bulma
Quote:
Originally posted by Neuron Geek
Today we have pushed 3rd release of wish list to edenfantasys.com. Now your friends can leave the comments on your public wish lists, of cause if they know the URL, place alerts in the wish lists, see number of items and many other small ...
I would like to be able to sort my wish list. Filters for price would be good. Also maybe a rating system so I could rate the toys by how much I want them. A simple system like is used for the star rating would be good for this, although I think red dots or something similar would be better than stars just so there is no confusion between the two.
Those are my ideas at least. I like the wish list the way it is, but in my opinion those features would make it perfect.
07/18/2008
Dame Demi Dame Demi
Quote:
Originally posted by Neuron Geek
Today we have pushed 3rd release of wish list to edenfantasys.com. Now your friends can leave the comments on your public wish lists, of cause if they know the URL, place alerts in the wish lists, see number of items and many other small ...
What Bulma said. Especially being able to rank them by want.
07/19/2008
Jimbo Jones Jimbo Jones
I personally love being able to have multiple lists, and this helps in my sorting. I guess if we were able to rate them and then sort on the ratings or on price it would be pretty cool. Those are good ideas, Bulma!
07/19/2008
Oggins Oggins
I also love the ability to have multiple lists! I actually use this as sort of a "rating" feature already. It would be great if you could rate them by want on one list though. Bulma does have some great ideas! I also think it would be great if you could do like a "quick look" feature. This would help when placing items in the cart for checkout and you wouldn't have to navigate completely away from the page to get the basics on an item fresh in your memory. Just a little window that pops up with some key features about the product would be great!
07/20/2008
Bulma Bulma
Quote:
Originally posted by Oggins
I also love the ability to have multiple lists! I actually use this as sort of a "rating" feature already. It would be great if you could rate them by want on one list though. Bulma does have some great ideas! I also think it would be ...
I love the idea of a "quick look" too. I think that would be very useful when actually placing an order or when just browsing the wish list (yes I do this and often actually). The wish list is awesome already, so great that it will just keep getting better!
07/20/2008
Neuron Geek Neuron Geek
What do you think about a wish list feature allowing to add the links to the same products from other sex toy shops? For example if you found a product with a better price or more useful product information and would like to save the link.
07/20/2008
Dame Demi Dame Demi
Quote:
Originally posted by Neuron Geek
What do you think about a wish list feature allowing to add the links to the same products from other sex toy shops? For example if you found a product with a better price or more useful product information and would like to save the link.
My favorite retailers, and the ones I continue to patronize, are those that realize I do shop other places as well, from time to time, to get a good deal. I think that would be an excellent idea.

On a side, but somewhat related, note, I would love the feature of being able to add links from other sites under the "Favorite Things" list. One of my favorite vibes ever is a GV exclusive, but I hate not being able to recommend it because of that fact.
07/20/2008
Bulma Bulma
Quote:
Originally posted by Neuron Geek
What do you think about a wish list feature allowing to add the links to the same products from other sex toy shops? For example if you found a product with a better price or more useful product information and would like to save the link.
This would be handy for price matching, which I love that eden does, by the way. I think it is a good idea. If someone didn't like it, they could just ignore it. I think it is win/win.
07/20/2008
Cock Wrangler Cock Wrangler
Quote:
Originally posted by Dame Demi
My favorite retailers, and the ones I continue to patronize, are those that realize I do shop other places as well, from time to time, to get a good deal. I think that would be an excellent idea.On a side, but somewhat related, note, I would love ...
Good idea... also, you can now add something like that as a resource on reviews that it's relevant for- say you review a vibe and want to direct people to that other one.
07/21/2008
Essin' Em Essin' Em
I like the idea of sorting by price, by "most wanted" (like on amazon), by favorites, etc.
07/21/2008
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
how do we even find the wishlists? There does not appear to be a link in the profile.
07/21/2008
Bulma Bulma
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
how do we even find the wishlists? There does not appear to be a link in the profile.
For your own private wish list just click on the account button, and it is listed under the "shopping" tab. Also you can just click on the wish list button that is up with the "cart" and "compare" buttons at the top of the screen. You then just click on "manage lists" to see your lists. To view someone else's public wish list, I believe they have to actually send you the address. There is no link on the profile that I know of. It would be handy to have a link to the person's public wish list right on their profile though. There may be a way to add the address as a favorite website though…I have not tried it, but I would think that would work too
07/21/2008
Dame Demi Dame Demi
Quote:
Originally posted by Bulma
This would be handy for price matching, which I love that eden does, by the way. I think it is a good idea. If someone didn't like it, they could just ignore it. I think it is win/win.
Eden does price matching? I've looked and can't find this info anywhere on the site. Can someone please advise? I'd love to do all my shopping here (except for exclusives to other companies).
07/22/2008
CookieMonster CookieMonster
Id really like a cost calculator of some sort that also applies discounts if available. I think it would make purchasing alot easier as well if you could calculate in the price of an out of stock item in the cart or cart calculator.
07/22/2008
Bulma Bulma
Quote:
Originally posted by Dame Demi
Eden does price matching? I've looked and can't find this info anywhere on the site. Can someone please advise? I'd love to do all my shopping here (except for exclusives to other companies).
My bad, I guess it was removed after I did my last order. It was listed under the "our guarantees" on the home page and on the checkout page. It stated that if you found a better price for the product you ordered that you had a week to email them and get 110% price difference, including shipping costs. I know it was there a few days ago when I placed an order because I pointed out to my husband how cool it was that eden did that. I guess it was removed though, as I don't see it there now. Too bad, as I think that was something eden had over other sites, even though I've never been able to find a better price for an item at other sex toy webstores.
07/22/2008
Dame Demi Dame Demi
Quote:
Originally posted by Bulma
My bad, I guess it was removed after I did my last order. It was listed under the "our guarantees" on the home page and on the checkout page. It stated that if you found a better price for the product you ordered that you had a week to ...
It *is* a great feature, but I can see how it might not be cost effective for Eden, especially since they offer free or super-cheap shipping and better prices than you'll find elsewhere on most toys. The only toys where I've really noticed a difference are on the Njoy and Lelo toys, which can be found for significantly less. Still, I think you save money shopping at Eden in the long run, and their service is impeccable and I know they can be trusted!
07/23/2008
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Bulma
For your own private wish list just click on the account button, and it is listed under the "shopping" tab. Also you can just click on the wish list button that is up with the "cart" and "compare" buttons at the top of ...
Well, if people can't easily view OTHERS' wishlists, then the feature is pointless. The set up now seems to be more of a shopping list.
07/23/2008
Bulma Bulma
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
Well, if people can't easily view OTHERS' wishlists, then the feature is pointless. The set up now seems to be more of a shopping list.
Well it's a shopping list that can be saved for later, and isn't that what a "wish list" ultimately is? If you wanted everyone to be able to see your own wish list, just post the address as a comment on your public profile. Just some people would want to be able to send their wish list to a select few people and keep it inaccessible to everyone else. I think it just depends on how the person spreads their own public wish list. If someone wanted to, they could always create a forum thread for people to post their public wish lists in.
07/23/2008
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
I see a shopping list and a wish list as 2 different things. A shopping list is personal (so setting your wishlist as personal would equate to a shopping list) whereas a wishlist is created -because- you want people to see it. Having it be inaccessible sort of defeats the purpose.
07/23/2008
Bulma Bulma
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
I see a shopping list and a wish list as 2 different things. A shopping list is personal (so setting your wishlist as personal would equate to a shopping list) whereas a wishlist is created -because- you want people to see it. Having it be ...
I am thinking that your definition of wish list is the same as my definition for gift registry, but no matter. What do you think would make the wish list better, just being able to have it listed on profiles? I don't think that public wish lists should be accessible by everyone, unless the owner of the list wants it that way. I kind of like having some privacy in that matter, and personally I only use the wish list for products that I want to buy, but don't have the money for right now. I think that if you wanted to have it viewable by everyone, then you should be able to do so, but it should not be that way by default.
07/23/2008
Oggins Oggins
I think it may be done privately and only viewable by people you want it to be viewed by rather than like a wish list where people can buy you stuff and ship it to you for safety reasons as well as personal privacy. In order for someone to ship it to you, they would have to know your address and such and there are alot of people online who I don't want to share this information with. That way only people you want to know your address and stuff can see it.
Also, maybe some people might be a bit shy about their fetishes or what have you and don't want the whole world to know what they are "into". Some people can be really embarrased by things like this and I can see why private is a good thing when it comes to sex toys as far as a situation like this. Anyway, it's just my opinion and I kinda like the idea of having the option to keep it private or public to who you choose it to be public too.
07/26/2008
Maria Maria
I do agree that there should be a distinction between public/private wishlists just in case there's toys you're lusting after privately, but I kind of assume that in making a wish list public, people can choose to buy you the gifts and have them shipped to you without knowing your address.

That is, if I listed some sort of toy on my public wishlist, there would be a button next to it that said "Buy this as a gift!" and the person could buy it and pay for it as usual, except instead of "Ship to my normal address", the option would be "Ship to Maria's address" without actually listing what my address is.

That way, people can buy gifts for others, without the other person's privacy being compromised. Just because you're willing to share the toys that you want publically doesn't mean you should have to share your address as well!
07/26/2008
Oggins Oggins
Ok, so maybe I was wrong. I just checked out another members wish list and I actually didn't see anywhere to buy it for them but, maybe this would be a good feature to add? I do have to agree with Maria though as far as keeping the address private! Not that I want a complete stranger to buy me a sex toy that would just be WAY to weird! I probably wouldn't even take delivery of it because it would just freak me out! That is in theory if the wish lists were public to anyone on the site though. I have to go with keeping them private and only public to who you choose with the option to buy it for them as a gift. Did this make any sense?
07/27/2008
Bulma Bulma
Quote:
Originally posted by Oggins
Ok, so maybe I was wrong. I just checked out another members wish list and I actually didn't see anywhere to buy it for them but, maybe this would be a good feature to add? I do have to agree with Maria though as far as keeping the address ...
It makes tons of sense
08/26/2008
Dragon Dragon
Oh Yummy post! I'm so going to have to think about this one. But I'm seeing it as my wish list for the developers of Eden.

The first thing that comes to mind though is that if you want a toy that is just barely above the $50 price limit, and automated request is sent to the program manager. It should include, toy, number of reviews already, reviewer requesting, reviewer rank, prior reviews? , cost of toy, anything else you want? Simple and easy to read table.

It seemed so silly that I had to send an email to our over worked Program manager for a toy that is $51.99 with one review on it and I still have not heard back.
09/11/2008
Ansley Ansley
Look at me, kicking up bones from two years ago!

I have a suggestion for the wish list menu. I would really love to be able to alphabetize my wishlists and the items within. I have things catergorized with a separate list for the items I want to purchase in the immediate future. Thanks!
06/12/2011
Total posts: 27
Unique posters: 12