Building a Toy Box

GatorCouple GatorCouple
My wife recently finished the 50 Shades trilogy. As a result, I'm now in trouble as we had 0 items of fun prior to her reading. Recently, I purchased her first ben wa set, a Pyrex icicle style dildo, and a waterproof wabbit (none from this site as I hadn't discovered EF yet).

The question now becomes, what's next? She's open to trying new things but pretty shy about actually picking out items. Everything I purchased for her was a bit of a surprise. From what we've talked about, she's open to anything while I'm a bit more reserved with typical male, well, reservations.

Any thoughts on what to pick out next? We figure an item a month would make things exciting!

We're also looking for some lubricant that would be compatible with her Wabbit and anything else in the future that we may purchase.

I know this is somewhat of a loaded / open ended question but I'm not sure what to get next. Thanks!
09/15/2012
  • Weekly Special: Sexy Savings
  • Save 15% on Luxury Brands
  • Annual Clearance - Save 30%
  • Buy Cascade vibe and save 50% on lubricants!
  • Save 20% on self-lubricating Cascade vibe and sleeve kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
Quote:
Originally posted by GatorCouple
My wife recently finished the 50 Shades trilogy. As a result, I'm now in trouble as we had 0 items of fun prior to her reading. Recently, I purchased her first ben wa set, a Pyrex icicle style dildo, and a waterproof wabbit (none from this site ... More
If she is shy about what she wants to pick out have her look online when you aren't around to pick things out she can put them in a wishlist and you can order to surprise her. As for lubes not knowing what material the wabbit is it will be hard to say. If you are using silicone toys water based lubes are the best. An being open to trying new things doesn't help much either not knowing what type of play and toys you both are interested in.
09/15/2012
Gracie Gracie
You need a good waterbased lube to use with toys. I like the sliquid brand as they are glycerin free and paraben free. Not all women have issues with those ingredients though. I would read lots or reviews and there are tons of forum threads on lubes too you could read. Here is my favorite one ride h2o.

As far as toys go you are welcome to visit my profile and look at my favorites. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about any of those toys. Some folks use the favorites as a type of wishlist while other contributors use it to show case the things they have that they like best. I would look around at several of those and see which things are universally loved!

Welcome to EF! There is so much to learn!
09/15/2012
GatorCouple GatorCouple
Quote:
Originally posted by *Camoprincess*
If she is shy about what she wants to pick out have her look online when you aren't around to pick things out she can put them in a wishlist and you can order to surprise her. As for lubes not knowing what material the wabbit is it will be hard ... More
I'm not into anal lpay for myself but my wife said she's open to anything. I think our next purchase might be some sort of restraint system. Our se life went from vanilla to interesting ever since she read those books so there's quite a bit we're taking in while expanding our horizons.
09/15/2012
GatorCouple GatorCouple
Quote:
Originally posted by Gracie
You need a good waterbased lube to use with toys. I like the sliquid brand as they are glycerin free and paraben free. Not all women have issues with those ingredients though. I would read lots or reviews and there are tons of forum threads on ... More
Thanks for the advice! We'll look into the ride h2o and maybe the maximus lube. Thanks!
09/15/2012
Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
Quote:
Originally posted by GatorCouple
I'm not into anal lpay for myself but my wife said she's open to anything. I think our next purchase might be some sort of restraint system. Our se life went from vanilla to interesting ever since she read those books so there's quite a ... More
We haven't read the books, but it sounds like you two may enjoy exploring some light sensory play then. If you both enjoy that, you could move on to something more intense. To start off, I'm thinking a pair of middle-priced leather cuffs, feather tickler, chain tickler, and a blindfold. I'm sure you can use your imagination to make an interesting evening out of those You could also add in something like the D ring slapper or a suede flogger if you think she might want to play more roughly, but be sure to use them gently until you figure out *how* rough.

Oh! and just a personal opinion here: every toybox needs a good bullet vibrator in it, for both partners.

~M
09/16/2012
*Camoprincess* *Camoprincess*
I am not into this kinda play myself but make sure you have a safe word that you/her can use in case things get to intense.
09/16/2012
GatorCouple GatorCouple
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan & Michele
We haven't read the books, but it sounds like you two may enjoy exploring some light sensory play then. If you both enjoy that, you could move on to something more intense. To start off, I'm thinking a pair of middle-priced leather cuffs, ... More
Thanks for the advice! My problem is she's so shy when it comes to actually looking and compiling a list that it makes it difficult to figure out what she wants. I was thinking of one of those under the bed restraint systems for our next purchase/ I like the idea of sensory play and having a bullet nearby. Thanks!
09/16/2012
Andrew1992 Andrew1992
Quote:
Originally posted by GatorCouple
My wife recently finished the 50 Shades trilogy. As a result, I'm now in trouble as we had 0 items of fun prior to her reading. Recently, I purchased her first ben wa set, a Pyrex icicle style dildo, and a waterproof wabbit (none from this site ... More
I would say some light restraint stuff. That can be fun for anyone!
10/31/2012
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 5