Laser Hair Removal

  • Get a Free Rabbit Vibe with Orders $59+

Laser Hair Removal

Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
OK - after progressing from au natural to trimming to close-cropped to shaving - my wife is now ready to go all the way - permanent laser removal.

I've seen various comments about lasers - but I was hoping those who have done it will use this discussion thread to consolidate their experience and advice.

How many treatments did it take?
Did you complete the treatment - if not, why?
Does it work well for medium brown hair color?

Thanks!
11/05/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Add Some Buzz To Your Favourite Toy & Save 60% On Kit
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
darkkitty darkkitty
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunsmoke
OK - after progressing from au natural to trimming to close-cropped to shaving - my wife is now ready to go all the way - permanent laser removal.

I've seen various comments about lasers - but I was hoping those who have done it will use ...
Can take 6 and up to maybe 12 treatments. The darker hair is easier for laser to see. I tried on armpits worked pretty well now there is soft peach fuzzy type of hair if I do not shave. It softened my hair. I had 4 treatments. It is expensive so I haven't gone back. There can be a side effect of scarring which I fortunately have not experienced!
12/10/2010
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I looked into it once a while ago (5 years ago or so). Just to have my neckline done (throat and back of head) was about $1200.
12/10/2010
PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
I wish I could get it done, but it's sooo expensive!
12/10/2010
kinky girlfriend kinky girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by darkkitty
Can take 6 and up to maybe 12 treatments. The darker hair is easier for laser to see. I tried on armpits worked pretty well now there is soft peach fuzzy type of hair if I do not shave. It softened my hair. I had 4 treatments. It is expensive so I ...
I will stick to waxing
12/10/2010
Porfiriato Porfiriato
I never got past my first session. Hurt like fuck.
12/10/2010
Taylor Taylor
I bought a package, so I was pretty much committed at that point, otherwise I don't think I would have gone back for a 2nd session.

I have had 8 (I think) sessions and my hair on my bikini area is about 80% gone and the hair on my underarms is about 60% gone. I have 4 more sessions to go in my package. I have dark brown hair.

The first 3 or 4 sessions I really dreaded going. After that it hurt, but was bearable (like getting hit with a rubber band over and over again).
12/10/2010
LavenderSkies LavenderSkies
Quote:
Originally posted by El-Jaro
I looked into it once a while ago (5 years ago or so). Just to have my neckline done (throat and back of head) was about $1200.
Yikes, pricey!
12/13/2010
XxX()XxX XxX()XxX
Quote:
Originally posted by LavenderSkies
Yikes, pricey!
did it to my legs it is worth the money!! you save on waxing shaving all that!! for the rest of ur life!! It hurts like sin but you can get cream to numb it!
03/01/2011
spineyogurt spineyogurt
thats super expensive and it does grow back
02/29/2012
Do emu Do emu
I've considered getting it done, but it's not even permanent. It'll help reduce the hair growth but it grows back. I've considered at-home laser hair removal systems but it seems like they're built to only last a short amount of time, and then you're expected to shell out another $400.

Personally, I'm just trying to learn to accept that my body has hair and live with it. I'll trim and shave on occasion, but the regrowth, itch, stubble, and time I waste is just not worth it for my sensitive skin.
03/23/2012
gloomybear gloomybear
wow great post
03/24/2012
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 12